• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Impramine (A Trycylic Anti-Depressant)

copy

Greenlighter
Hey guys, old lurker, new account here. On my last dose of Gabapentin I have ATM. I've searched all over, and cannot find a single thing on Gaba. and Impramine. Anyone have any knowledge on Gabapentin and this Trycylic Anti-Depressant? Thanks in advance :)

I've been prescribed many antidepressants over the years but not Imipramine. They are relatively safe to use together but you may experience dizziness, confusion, drowsiness and trouble concentrating. Until you know how you will react to these, don't drive or operate heavy machinery. Welcome to Bluelight! :)

I take a relatively high dose of dose-in (45mg) along with 900mg of gabapentin as part of my sleepy time cocktail and have had no issue mixing the two. It will likely be sedating.

There are not any readily apparent contradindications here. I'm sure you're aware of the necessary lifestyle choices required when taking Tricyclic Andtidepressants, but speaking specifically about the interaction with Gabapentin (Neurontin), you shouldn't have an issue.