• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

i wouldn't feel too bad its very easy to take high doses thinking taking more will make you feel better. IME and from what i have read. 5 Grams is the most you should take. The bioavailability is so low on higher doses its almost a complete waste to go over that amount in 24 hours.

Are you sure it's gabapentin even? Do they even make 500mg gabapentin pills? I thought they came in 100mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg, and 800mg pills? Never heard of 500mg ones..

I am 100 percent sure its gabapentin. Its my script. Well my stomach still hurts a little bit and my kidneys are acting like they are under stress. Still feel like shit overall. I probably should go get checked out but I don't see much point really.

Are you sure it's gabapentin even? Do they even make 500mg gabapentin pills? I thought they came in 100mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg, and 800mg pills? Never heard of 500mg ones..

They are 400mg pills my bad. 60 hours since ingestion. My lower back still hurts and my stomach is bothering me. My pee is dark colored and smells of ammonia. Otherwise I just feel exhausted. I guess the half life finally expired because I woke up in gabapentin withdrawal this morning. I had to take 400mg so I didn't have a seizure. I think I may have really hurt myself. I am hoping its my kidneys and not my liver :/. I will keep you guys posted on what happens. Let this be a good HR lesson. The feeling you want to get rid of will pass but the damage your doing to your body will not.

It shouldn't be your liver as gabapentin isn't metabolized at all and is excreted completely unchanged in the urine.

The fact that you took them over an extended period is helpful, because it allows their half-lives to kick in and elimination to occur by the time you started taking more.

Damn drew,that shit not good for you in that high of doses, he'll if your taking that much of gaba then it may be time to take a break from the shit and let your tolerance get lower, I know with gaba that it won't take very long just like a week or so.

When u overdose on gaba you start having seizures because I've been there, he'll I noticed that I was time traveling from isle to isle without remimbering how I got there in the first place, and when your the stocker in a grocery store you need to keep up with that shit,we'll it wasn't until an hour later that I fell out,hit my head and was rushed to uab hospital. I was getting 120 800mg a month and would go through my script in less then a week. It wasn't till I fell out that I quit taking that shit for a while.

When u start to space warp and lose memory and start jerking like you have torrettes then yea man it would be wise to contact poison controll,or 911.

Hope u get feeling better buddy <3.
Ds

Last edited:
I am trying to work up the courage to go get checked out right now. I think my ankles are starting to swell. I feel extremely lethargic even though I've slept for the last 20 hours. My urine us weird. Ugh fuck my life.

This is exhibit a for why you shouldn't fuck with stupid drugs. I'll be so pissed if I die from this after surviving so many smack ODs. Whatever I will keep you guys posted so the next poor schmuck searching BL for help will know what to avoid expect.

just goes to show - for newbies reading every gaba thread and seeing a post or two i made about consuming almost 30 grams over 12 hours - everyones body is different and even the toughest of us can fall unexepectedly. for the record, i would consider my massive intake days as overdoses as well... just not to the point of needing medical attention as i was fine 24 hours later. i was twitching uncontrollably, having blurred visions/tracers/deleriant style 'hallucinations', total loss of motor skills & coordination, cognitive impairment, inability to speak coherently, kidney pain (i only have one, but its extra large since i was born with only one it picked up the slack), weak/interrupted urine stream... so yeah thats not really fun stuff.

heres hoping you ok cj!

Thanks for this CJ.
I take Gabapentin, and I do tend to try to achieve a buzz by taking 5 times my dose.
This is enough of a scare to not do it anymore.

I hope you feel better my friend.
I'm prescribed 600 mg 4 x daily and I really want to start coming off of it so I do not get nasty withdrawals.

I'm at the ER. Always such friendly folks who work here. S/. I will update the thread when I get a diagnosis other then dumbass.

They could not find anything wrong with me. Hopefully they are right and life continues on. Thanks for the advice and well wishes. Im going to start the process of tapering off this nasty ass drug.

:| cj...Did they even try? Blood work, etc?

I have no history whatsoever of drug misuse/abuse, but do have a Wiki-length medical record on file. Yet ER folks blow me off as "nothing wrong". They almost let my colon rupture last Fall by "sending me home" with Lactulose. smfh

It took two more trips in and a 6 day hospital stay to fix "nothing wrong".

I worry about your kidneys, as I struggle with issues that only reveal themselves via urine CULTURE. I've almost gone septic.

Sending positive vibes your way. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

They did some blood tests. They took a ton of blood actually. I'm still breathing and the pro's said I'm alright. That's good enough for me.

In closing gabapentin is a shit fucking drug. Not worth it.

Do you have anything to help you feel better physically until this passes, or even to just get off gabapentin altogether? Maybe some benzos you can take for a week?

i wouldn't feel too bad its very easy to take high doses thinking taking more will make you feel better. IME and from what i have read. 5 Grams is the most you should take. The bioavailability is so low on higher doses its almost a complete waste to go over that amount in 24 hours.

Good post and 100% correct. Gabapentin is excreted EXTREMELY rapidly. I was legally Rx'ed 3,200mgs a day for years (two 800mg pills 2x a day) before getting off of it because it stopped becoming effective after the first week, and there were times where I would take heroic dosages with no reward.

It's day 5 since ingestion and I am feeling better. My lower back still hurts but my urine looks normal now. I came clean to my psychiatrist who I have an emergency appointment with tommorow. I am praying he allows me a slow taper.

In closing this stuff has a wide safety margin as far as dying goes. However it seems as if I have done damage to some part of my body by taking 15grams. Be safe out there people.

Peace
Drew