• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin For Opiate Withdrawal?

royalmisfit

Greenlighter
For someone on a daily habit of 150-180 mg of oxycodone. And is all out. Would gabapentin take the withdrawals away or help them? If so how much gabapentin for the w/d

Thats a good amount of oxy but gabapentin will help..idk about exact dosage,i used to take 900-1200mg for recreational purposes..lyrica is basically gabapentin on steroids so if gabapentin isnt enough then id look into lyrica 300-600mg it works well for withdrawal..also kratom can be great for withdrawal but its an opiate and will extend withdrawal so id stick to gabapentin/lyrica

I dont believe it will help with the physical withdrawal,i used to be prescribed 900mg 2x a day with 600mg PRN and never felt the kind of pain relief you would need to fully prevent opiate withdrawal,but as far as the anxiety part of it goes,yes,it should help,but youll need something better for the pain.i now am prescribed 600mg 2x a day +PRN 600mg but youll need at least 1200mg 2-3x a day to help you. but no more than that,1200mg 3x a day is pretty much the highest dose one can take safely daily,as far as ive been told by doctors.

^ Wrong all the way around, pretty much. Gabapentin will absolutely help with the opiate withdrawal. You need to stagger your doses (every 20min to an hour) until you're up to around 2.4g - 4g. At that dose for me at least it absolutely takes away 90% of RLS and depression. Will not help with the shits and sweats obviously, but it will make a world of difference when you're in cold turkey. It will increase your appetite and help you eat which will help you tremendously during opiate withdrawal. It bloats you by increasing water retention which will also help tremendously when you are dehydrated. Take it easy and take 600mg every half an hour or so until you start feeling better. Many people swear by it.

4g of gabapentin and 12mg of imodium takes away 90% of physical opiate withdrawal and 90% of mental opiate withdrawal for me personally.

Also, Gabapentin is a very safe drug. I've taken upwards of 12 grams a day and never have any adverse effects except for a little bloating and a lot of appetite increase.

Bleeding_lily, I hear what you're saying about what you've been told by the doctors but that is a general guideline. I've been prescribed up to 4500mg a day.

holy shit,im sorry,ive never taken it recreationally so i had no idea how much you could take without being in harms way. when i went through my withdrawal after my second overdose i quit cold turkey and didnt start gabapentin until a few months afterwards so i guess i really didnt know for sure,just talking about my experience even though its not exactly the same.been prescribed to it for over a year now,about to get off of it hopefully.thanks for correcting me though,i appreciate it,honestly :)

holy shit,im sorry,ive never taken it recreationally so i had no idea how much you could take without being in harms way. when i went through my withdrawal after my second overdose i quit cold turkey and didnt start gabapentin until a few months afterwards so i guess i really didnt know for sure,just talking about my experience even though its not exactly the same.been prescribed to it for over a year now,about to get off of it hopefully.thanks for correcting me though,i appreciate it,honestly :)

It's no big deal lol. I wish you luck in getting off of it :) and really good to still have you around after your second overdose <3 Everyone's body chemistry is different anyway and not everyone responds in the same way. I for one am also clean off opiates and depend on my gabapentin way too much. I can't even begin to think about coming off of it completely. If anything I'll switch to Lyrica, which affects me less at 100mg 3x a day and allows me to think way more clearly. Especially since I'm going back to school.

But yeah GBP is a relatively safe drug :) I try not to take it recreationally because tolerance builds sooo fast.... but still, definitely tripling up during opiate withdrawal can do wonders especially for those first 24-48 hours.

Damn they really do work! I only took 2 gabas last night and slept good I was surprised. It really worked good for last night and today I don't feel to bad at all I took some in the morning. I think I finally can get thru the w/d and quit those damn oxycodones! Yeah it didn't do anything for the sweats and the shits. But that's the easy part its the rls all over my body and the insomnia that I hate.

I can't decide if I want to quit the opiates or just find a good supply and keep going. It's getting harder and harder to find and I have been on them for three years

For someone on a daily habit of 150-180 mg of oxycodone. And is all out. Would gabapentin take the withdrawals away or help them? If so how much gabapentin for the w/d

Jus wanna say that I use Gaba all the time for opiate WD. It works WONDERS for me and I have a 7 yr habit of taking anywhere from 6 to 18 30mg Oxycodone a day. The KEY is to start taking the gaba BEFORE you are in WD! Also u must stagger ur doses like the other poster said. And if u have the capsules, I'd always dump them out into some tissue and Parachutee them. Also eating proteins and a NASID helps make it absorb better. Gaba takes awhile to start working and if u begin to settle everything down before u start hurting and sweating, u have a much better chance and taking away ALL the wds.

When I take it that way, I can get rid of 95% of my wds including the sweats! Now recently I experienced combining about 24mgs of lope with the gaba and I felt like a million bucks!

SWIM has used gabapentin for opiate w/ds before and they didn't seem to work that well. SWIM got kicked out of a sub program today and has been off his zubsolv for 2 days @4-6 mg a day.

Usually w/ds for swim are always marked by significant body changes. Chills especially, sweating, pins and needles, extreme restlessness. SWIM was experiencing mild w/ds earlier prior to taking 900 mg GP and all symptoms are gone. Hoping the usual RLS is also not a prob tonight.

Overall SWIM believes GP is a huge benefit for opiate w/ds and is hoping they will help him kick it for good after 5 hrs hooked. Will post further after a few days of SWIMs w/ds.

I am so ready to get of my oxy habit. I've been taking them for about a year, usually up to 100mgs per day, sometimes more. I've got some 1000mg gabapentin, I've read they will help to withdraw. Can you tell me how many mgs I should take each time, and how should I space the dosage out. Please help I'm desperate. Thanks

I have been withdrawing from heroin for two days and have 800 mg, and am supposed to take three a day, but took more today and most of the withdrawal symptoms are gone.
How much longer do I need to take these to overcome withdrawl, and can I become addicted to Gabapentin?

^You can become addicted to and dependent upon Gabepentin (Neurontin). That's a fact and the withdrawal is actually pretty severe if you're to believe the concensus of Bluelight members who have experienced it. Drug dependencies generally take a long time to develop though, relatively speaking. In other words, using Gabapentin, even in high doses continuously is fine, as long as you're only using it to treat your Opioids withdrawal and there is a finite end to the medication.

Acute tolerance is a pretty big issue with the Gabepentinoids including the above and Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut. Your dosage can literally multiply exponentially from day to day and the medication can really lose its effectiveness. Use it sparingly. In my opinion, Gabapentinoids are miracle drugs for Opioid withdrawal. Believe me, if I have a small amount of money, say, enough for one bag, I'm going to spend that money on Gabapentin every time.

3 - 5 grams is not an uncommon dose for someone who's in withdrawal. I'm not saying you should go for this yourself, but it happens all the time. These drugs have a pretty solid safety profile. Aside from the potential to cause non-epileptic convulsions in very high doses, they're pretty safe.

I use gabapentin recreationally at doses of 18000-3600 staggered usually. I get alot of euphoria, anti-anxiety, energy and at times opiate like nods. My last experience I took 3gs with no tolerance and had CEVs. I was wondering if other GABA drugs such as phenibut would give me similar highs? I ask this because very few people get enjoyable highs from gabapentin.