• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin for depression

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Off label use for Gabapentin used or effective for treating depression? What are the long-term damaging effects of Gabapentin use?

I tried Pregabalin (Lyrica) as an off label antidepressant and works better as an anxyolitic than an antidepressant. It was like alcohol without the nausea and hangover but I just could not tolerate the weight gain as a side effect.

I agree lyrica is better than gabapenton when prescribed off label for depression, in fact when I was stabilized on gabapenton for a month or so I actually became much more depressed. It stabilized my hi's and low's but just made me feel kinda blah constantly. It was bad enough I decided I'd just take it recreationally and not daily. If however you do take lyrica or gabapenton for
Z89. Bbbbjhhhny obxmfc

Lol. U

Not everyone can afford lyrica(pregabalin). I know I cannot.

It's worth a shot, though it's anxyliolytic effects would probably be more pronounced.

Try lyrica if you can.

Typical ad's not work or you hate the side effects

pregabalin is much much more effective and less of a "downer" than pentin. pregab = lyrica. it is approx. 3-4x stronger than pentin and has much more desired positive effects.

Not everyone can afford lyrica(pregabalin). I know I cannot.

It's worth a shot, though it's anxyliolytic effects would probably be more pronounced.

Try lyrica if you can.

Typical ad's not work or you hate the side effects
Pregablin is now sold in generic form that is not nearly as expensive. My insurance would not pay for my increase and dose with Lyrica so I was switched to pregablin I noticed no difference between brand and generic formulation.

I insist, Pregabalin works more as an anxiolytic than an antidepressant (like benzos or alcohol). At least for me.

Yes, I slept better, I was less afraid of everything, less anxious but my mood remained more or less the same. Not to mention tolerance develops quickly.

IME gabapentin can be very effective for depression; it gives a nice glow, makes me more active, more attentive even. However, I'm talking 1500-1800mg doses here (then again, it does start working at about 900mg for me).

However, I can find gabapentin to sometimes be a strangely deep drug, in a weird way. Some days I feel absolutely great on it, but some days it can really amplify negative thoughts and make me feel pretty shit.

I can't quite describe how odd this is, but I really feel that gabapentin can be quite an inciting drug and that this can cause it to amplify negative thoughts.

IME gabapentin can be very effective for depression; it gives a nice glow, makes me more active, more attentive even. However, I'm talking 1500-1800mg doses here (then again, it does start working at about 900mg for me).

However, I can find gabapentin to sometimes be a strangely deep drug, in a weird way. Some days I feel absolutely great on it, but some days it can really amplify negative thoughts and make me feel pretty shit.

I can't quite describe how odd this is, but I really feel that gabapentin can be quite an inciting drug and that this can cause it to amplify negative thoughts.

I found that also, it helped with my depression, then the next day it made me feel worse.