• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Gabapentin curbing methadone withdrawals

sintric

Greenlighter
It has become extremely apparent to me that when I take gabapentin right when withdrawals begin it will at least curb the withdrawals for 2-3 more days completely. It reacts in such a way in my brain that makes me not panic and i believe it also works very well for anxiety without being too addictive. Maybe not in everyone, but gabapentin has really helped me. Ive had one week takeouts at my clinic for awhile and i started the problem of injecting my methadone. Still in school and doing well, but i feel like injecting all this liquid methadone. literally tons of mL's. with the big barrel needle. that CANT be good for my arteries etc.. Kind of a rant but tell me what you think please.

a friend of mine does this, but hes lucky enough to get the pharmacist to give it to him in only a tiny bit of water. Best pharmacist ever. I think its a really bad idea to shoot juice in your veins. I did it once with methadone and got mad sick. It will probably give you diabetes or some shit who knows.

I think its our best medication to combat opiate withdrawals.

I think the tarascon pharmacopoeia restless legs dosage is the best approach.

People also need to be aware that a short course on this medication is optimal as it causes physical dependence and the withdrawal is not fun..my take is under a month for most opiods and under two months for a large long term methadone dependency.