View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Gabapentin causing mini-LSD "trip"?

doctorcodone

Bluelighter
this may sound total outrageous and unbelievable, but I'm going to go ahead and share my interesting experiences. I took Gabapetin for anxiety about everyday for the past 4 months. I have taken LSD about 6 times and have always taken 2000mg of Gabapentin along side, I really enjoy the combo.

a week and a half ago I dosed 200ug of tested LSD, I took it along side 2000mg of Gabapentin like usual. The next day I took 1500mg of gabapentin to help me drift off to sleep, I ended up having the opposite effects and was full of energy, My though process was a bit impulsive, I also took 8 grams of kratom that night.

this is where it gets interesting, last night at 12:00am I dosed 230ug off the same blotter, took 40mg of Adderall(45 minutes before dosing LSD), then took my usually 2000mg of Gabapentin. I won't go into to much detail but I had an AMAZING trip, it lasted a total of 10 hours and ended at 10:00am, I was totally roasted from exercising during the night and from lack of sleep. In an attempt to "get through the day" I took 50mg of Adderall at 12:30pm which did next to nothing, It kept me awake but I still felt very fatigued. I decided I'd take 2000mg of Gabapentin at 3:00pm to comedown and relax, instead I got a refreshed energy supply like I've slept 12 hours straight, I also experienced slight visuals, like colors and minor swaying/breathing. my eyes are also very large but this could be due to the Adderall dosed earlier. mind you, this is 16 hours after dosing and I'm still seeing minor visuals at 8:00pm(20 hours after dosing).

I also took 400mg of chelated magnesium at 3:30pm.

does anyone have any ideas about how this occurred I'm very curious to know.

Update: Took 2000mg of gabapentin today, same affects from last night

Last edited:
That is a very interesting reaction. I've not used gabapentin, only pregabalin, but it's a more potent version of the same thing. It feels a bit trippy on its own. I've gotten many CEVs from it and you get that thing where you see small acid-like visuals day to day too, just for a few seconds. They are both very weird drugs. Never actually combined it with acid as you did though, it sounds like your brain's associating gabapentin with acid somehow. I wonder how long it'll last.

I was once prescribed gabapentin for ms related pain and decided to give it a try. Ive done acid about 5 times, however its was a few years prior. I had the same experience. Trippy, to say the least. Swaying and breathing for sure. I remember looking at my kitchen cabinets and trying to blink and focus my eyes but i couldnt shake the distorted dimesensions. It was the same visuals that i had on acid. Over the years I have asked a few people, that i new took it, if they had similar experiences. No one ever did. When i saw your post i had to reply, i knew i couldnt b the only one.

I was once prescribed gabapentin for ms related pain and decided to give it a try. Ive done acid about 5 times, however its was a few years prior. I had the same experience. Trippy, to say the least. Swaying and breathing for sure. I remember looking at my kitchen cabinets and trying to blink and focus my eyes but i couldnt shake the distorted dimesensions. It was the same visuals that i had on acid. Over the years I have asked a few people, that i new took it, if they had similar experiences. No one ever did. When i saw your post i had to reply, i knew i couldnt b the only one.

This sounds very similar to how I felt when I took pregabalin the first few times. You're definitely not alone.

Gabapentin and pregabalin are actually well-known to have hallucinogenic properties, just not as well-known as they are as simple medicinal agents and recreational depressants. I've known plenty of people who purposefully dose very high on it just for the trip as one of their favorite drug experiences period. Personally, I'm fairly sensitive to it and hallucinate even off less than 1000 mg, but I also find the high entirely unpleasant and don't feel any desire to repeat it.

Also, the fact that you got visuals more easily after taking LSD is probably at least partly just because your mind was still altered from the trip. Cannabis and other drugs can also bring back mild psychedelic visuals for at least a day or two after tripping.