• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin any good?

I used to be a opiate user for years,.. Then switched to suboxone and did those orange things for a year... Along with gabapentin and the occassional adderall. I loved the combo, even without adderall. I found the subs& gabbys together was amazing. I felt as if I got "extra high" when I used both together. But then, One day I decided I was done with suboxone & opiods all together. I quit. The gabapentin helped huge during my withdrawal.. At a high dose of about 4,000mg per day during the acute withdrawal stage. Its been 31 days since I quit suboxone. I'm still taking clonidine & occassional benzo (that was prescribed) and taking about 1600mgs of gabapentin (unprescribe).. I've noticed now theres a complete difference in my gabapentin "high" ....makes me relaxed, but for the most part makes me very sleepy. I'm now trying to ween myself off of gabapentin to live a completely sober life. Although, I feel like I'm "cheating" myself in thinking I'm "clean" but still taking gabapentin. But pretty damn proud that I quit opiods; & that I'm actually feeling good. I didn't tell my doctor I'm taking gabapentin because I'd rather not "red flag" myself. For all I know I may actually need gabapentin or some sort of a related medication.

Point is, gabapentin effects everyone differently. Especially when used with other drugs. I find that now I barely enjoy taking gabapentin; other than the fact it's stopping my constant sweating from what feels like my never ending withdrawal. But I know I'll get there, this withdrawal cant last forever! ;)
That is pretty damn awesome that you have quit opioids hell youre not cheating for taking the gabapentin that is much better than taking the pain meds I’m proud of you and that great to know that the gab helps with withdrawals I’m addicted to pain meds and want to quit so bad but I just can’t handle the withdrawal so the gab really does help with w/d even if you have a high tolerance for the pain meds?? Keep up the good work and I wish you the best!!