• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin any good?

401Opiate

Greenlighter
I came across a few 300mg Gabapentin capsules. I've done a little research and found out they have some recreational value. Since i am Just starting to slip into opiate WD's i am looking for some type of relief. I did read that they produce a feeling similar to an opiate and a benzo. Has anyone here tried gabapentin? Should i expect some type of Opiate feeling?(I have an opiate tolerance) What should i start off with dosing? And is there anything i could use to potentiate them? Also are there any down sides to this medication? Thank you!

They're excellent for opiate withdrawals :D 800mgs gets me nice and comfortable, but some people take much much higher doses. Don't take too much at once, as the more you take the less it absorbs. It also takes about an hour to start working, so titrate up slowly. I'd try taking two, and then another an hour later if you need it. It will make you wobbly, so if you need to be functional and drive or anything don't take too much. I've been on the rattle as well, and gabapentin and a bit of tramadol are doing me just fine and dandy, so yes it's highly recommended.

I got these prescribed when I went to rehab for my Crystal addiction, not sure why..all I can say is it gave me mood swings like a bitch lol. That's really the only experience I've had with it. I was also REALLY loud when I'd speak, don't know know a lot about them.

Last edited:
It helps my benzo withdraws. I don't think it did anything for my opiate dep when I had it in 2010. But you don't have very many and also your have caps if you have 300.....It is a great mood stabilizer for my BP!

kinda helps my opiate wds but it's not fun or anything i need 1800mg to 2700mg to feel a little better

It's a very average chemical, one I would only use as either a last resort or a second choice. It's not something I'd actively vote on taking if there was basically any other drug available.

I have been prescribed these for chronic pain. I also have a dependence/tolerance on opiates/opioids (oxy). I know a lot of people swear by them for WDs. As far as recreational value, I personally have never felt anything "good" but it looks like I have never taken a high enough dose.

When you all take the higher doses like described above and it is said that it is similar to opiates/opioids, is it a euphoric feelin?, does it make you real sleepy? I personally like opiates due to the energetic, feel like I could work all day feeling/euphoria...does it have any of those properties when taken in higher doses ? I don't wnjoy nodding so much...

It's a very average chemical, one I would only use as either a last resort or a second choice. It's not something I'd actively vote on taking if there was basically any other drug available.

What if that drug was tramadol?
Which is better? Gabapentin or Tram?

I have yet to take any of the Gabapentin yet. Since i have received mixed reviews about it i will use loperamide to help with the WD's(Since I know this works for sure). I just didn't want to use an OPIATE Semi trying to kick opiates.

Gabapentin is an amazing drug imo. I usally dose around 900-1800 mgs. It takes about 2-3 hours to kick in but My and my girlfriend experience euphoria and almost a slight rolling sensation while on them. (sex is amazing on them btw lol) but I have done my fair share of all different types of drugs and Gabapentin is honestly one of the ones that I enjoy the most. It's a nice subtle high that you can function completly normal on. Although, in high doses it does seem to effect my balance and causes me to walk a little crooked lol

Thanks for the response VYBE, Was your first experience in the 1000mg range? Since this will be my first time taking it i don't want the effects to be too strong. Whats the max safe dose for gabapentin? Trying to have fun but don't want to poison myself in the process.

Unless you mind putting on 15 kilos in waterweight in a matter of weeks/months. It also becames ineffective with time, but worse than Lyrica, as it's much weaker. When it loses its effects that seems to be it. All you can get is some help as a tranqulizer, sleep-aid, etc. But dosages need to be constantly raised, and when tolerance sets in it's practically useless, at least before you take a break for a few months.

I find it a little difficult to withdraw from,I take 1800 mg daily for anxiety was previously on prgabalin but didn't like the weight gain, but nothing changed when I switched to these, still have about 30 lbs of extra weight on me. I'd advise not to get too cozy with them but that's me. Good for intermittent use for opiate withdrawal. I don't find tramadol to be phisicaly addictive tbh... first time or two on them was the best feeling in world though-I'd say the best AD effect I've had but they also wearoff and fast..IME

I take upwards of 3 grams when I take them but I noticed that takin them spaced apart vs takin all 3000 mg at once works a hell of a lot better n last longer.

Tolerance builds quick tho. Srsly, I took them for 3 days straight n had to take a long ass break.

I'm experienced with opiates, my doc actually, so I don't really get the fuzzy, opiate buzz. However, I do get my typical opiate feelings of bein talkative and wanting to clean or do something. But I get energy on opiates so that's prob what's goin on.

I love Neurontin for recreational purposes. I use AT LEAST 3 grams, but in staggered doses (I read somewhere your body can't absorb more than 1200 mgs at one time...not sure if there's any truth to that but I try to make sure I never go above that amount in any one dose.) It produces and genuine, lasting high for me (usually good for all day and then a sound good night's sleep!) I can't do it any more often than once every few days because there's a wicked tolerance effect. Sometimes I do it every other day but then the high isn't as good. A proper gabapentin high, with no tolerance, IS remarkably similar to MDMA in that I have skin sensitivity, euphoria, sort of a "rushing" feeling, as though my body were stationary in a river with a strong current flowing over me. It causes me to be uncoordinated and slur my words at high doses. Definitely a lot of fun and I get prescribed this...I don't talk to anyone I know about this for fear they'll make me stop getting the medicine!