• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin and Fioricet help

Djsuzymac

Greenlighter
I don't usually have to take my Fioricet pills anymore, cuz as we all know it is a miracle drug when it comes to migraines (any kind). I have hereditary migraines and they are especially brutal. I was told by my doctor that if I even sense one coming on to take it right then and there.

Now to the gabapentin. I take it for neuropathy, fibromyalgia, and other stuff. But I recently been prescribed 900mg to take 4 times a day. They didn't want to start me on Lyrica, because I have such a huge history of depression. I have a high tolerance to Gabapentin so I didn't think anything of it. For the record I take these about every 2 hours. So they are staggered and make me feel light and floaty. Almost high.

But last night, around 6. I started getting a massive headache that I just knew was going to be a especially bad migraine. So I popped 2 fioricet blue pills. This was about 30min before I took my last gabapentin dose.

This is my question, this combination made me high as a kite. My headache and all my aches went away. I was by myself and I live in an elderly neighborhood even though Im 33, but I wanted to walk outside in the cold and talk till I couldn't talk anymore. So what I did was turn on my music, put on my headphones, and experienced such euphoria that it reminded me of my XTCY days. I didn't care last night but this morning, I am slightly alarmed that my meds had such an impact. I have taken fioricet with gabapentin before and not had this reaction.

So why? Was it the higher dose of gabapentin? And has ANYONE had this reaction before? Is it safe to take my migraine pills with the pills I need almost as much as my pain management prescriptions? Someone pls tell me?

fioricet contains butalbital. butalbital is an analogue of phenobarbital; both are barbiturates and have strong CNS depression and anxyolitic effect.

I'm hazy on the pharmacological action of gabapentin but it does produce sedation and minor euphoria ar high doses. And they absolutely potentiate each other.

things to consider are stomach content, last time you took fioricet (tolerance), alcohol consumption, etc

I guess I'm saying I'm not surprised you became intoxicated and experienced euphoria from this combination. I have as well.
For HR purposes, I would speak with my healthcare provider about this interaction because it could be dangerous if the dose is high enough.

hopefully someone will come along who knows more about gabapentin.

you mention pain management prescriptions...are you taking opioids of any sort of other sedating medications?

Last edited: