• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids gabapentin and caffeine

Adequate Ship Captain

Bluelighter
Does caffeine lessen the effects of gabapentin? I took around 3 grams of gabapentin which is way over the usual amount for me but barely feel anything, is it because of the coffee? How long does it last? I don't want to OD trying to get the desired effects and then get hit with the effects right as teh caffeine wears off.

You took 3 grams of gabapentin at the one time? You won’t feel it because it has super low bioavailability.

It was actually like 2700 at once and then 300 2 hours later and then another 300 half an hour later and then 1mg ativan half an hour after that but I feel nothing. Did the caffeine fuck it up?

Caffeine is a fairly potent stimulant, so you would expect it to counteract some of the effects you're presumably desiring from gabapentin.

Ye, what do you mean?

What she means is that the body can only absorb a certain amount of gabapentin over a given period of time, and so the more you take, the more is wasted. Much of what you took is just going to pass through you without being absorbed.

Btw - welcome to Bluelight! Nice name :)

Caffeine is a fairly potent stimulant, so you would expect it to counteract some of the effects you're presumably desiring from gabapentin.

What she means is that the body can only absorb a certain amount of gabapentin over a given period of time, and so the more you take, the more is wasted. Much of what you took is just going to pass through you without being absorbed.

Btw - welcome to Bluelight! Nice name :)
Thanks :D I made it because I'm now addicted to world of warships xD How much gabapentin should I take at at time and over time to get the best high?

I'm trynna get fucked up for a bit and low doses don't do that for me anymore. I just wanna know i should take gaba?
If you wanna get fucked up, take 600mg gabapentin every 45 mins - 1:30 and stop when you get to a good place. Your body can only absorb a certain amount of gabapentin so if you take a huge dose most of it will be wasted. If you take smaller doses over the course of 4/5 hours by the evening you’ll feel it.

how long would it take to get fucked up then? like u said it sounded like u said it takes hours? Is it the same with pregbalin or watever its called? Or if this doesn't work on its own, what other meds can help the gabapentin effect get stronger?

Last edited:
how long would it take to get fucked up then? like u said it sounded like u said it takes hours? Is it the same with pregbalin or watever its called? Or if this doesn't work on its own, what other meds can help the gabapentin effect get stronger?
Pregabalin is definitely stronger than gabapentin and it would work quicker. You’d need much less also. Start at around 150mg if you’ve already a gabapentin tolerance. Don’t go too crazy on it and see how you react because it can fuck you up pretty bad in regards to falling over etc.

Gabapentin does take a good few hours to build in the system slowly. Taking huge amounts at once just wastes it.

Lol. Gabapentin is weird because the effects are present but also sometimes it's hard to know what one is looking for, unless the person has a lot of experience with the substance.

There are better substances to get "f'd up on" and I'm sure most of us would agree that gabapentin is one of the milder things. Not that I recommend you look for stronger substances, but I'm not sure if gabapentin is what would satisfy you. Pregabalin/lyrica (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) is a form of gabapentin that bypasses the "wasteful" element of gaba so you can actually absorb all of the gaba in the pregabalin form? Maybe that sentence was confusing lol. Not sure how to word it.

Pregabalin is definitely stronger than gabapentin and it would work quicker. You’d need much less also. Start at around 150mg if you’ve already a gabapentin tolerance. Don’t go too crazy on it and see how you react because it can fuck you up pretty bad in regards to falling over etc.

Gabapentin does take a good few hours to build in the system slowly. Taking huge amounts at once just wastes it.
I don't have pregbalin, is it just interchangeable with gabapentin for doctors? I was prescribed gaba as a mood stabilizer.

Lol. Gabapentin is weird because the effects are present but also sometimes it's hard to know what one is looking for, unless the person has a lot of experience with the substance.

There are better substances to get "f'd up on" and I'm sure most of us would agree that gabapentin is one of the milder things. Not that I recommend you look for stronger substances, but I'm not sure if gabapentin is what would satisfy you. Pregabalin/lyrica (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) is a form of gabapentin that bypasses the "wasteful" element of gaba so you can actually absorb all of the gaba in the pregabalin form? Maybe that sentence was confusing lol. Not sure how to word it.
Ye I understand,dw how do I get pregbalin?

I don't have pregbalin, is it just interchangeable with gabapentin for doctors? I was prescribed gaba as a mood stabilizer.
If you said to your dr it wasn’t working anymore maybe they would switch you? But I dunno... would be risky.

I also would get a pretty strong high from like 2100 to 2400mg but right now I feel nothing, is this tolerance? Didn't think it would be tolerance in only a day.

I also would get a pretty strong high from like 2100 to 2400mg but right now I feel nothing, is this tolerance? Didn't think it would be tolerance in only a day.
How long have you been taking it? To be honest though with gabapentin builds tolerance super fast. And it’s risky to mention to dr because if you suggested pregabalin or something he’d know you’re looking to get high with it as more and more are abusing it now.