• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Gabapentin and Benzodiazepines

Methacodone

Bluelighter
I have LOTS of Gabapentin 300mg capsules.I keep hearing different opinions.

Shit like-

Gabapentin is the shit with Benzos!

or

Gabapentin kills my benzo high!

What's up here?

I have Xanax and Ativan as my Benzos. I take either 1mg of Xanax and 3mg of Ativan. Or 2mg of Xanax and 2mf of Ativan.

Separately - 4mg Xanax - 6mg Ativan

For those of you with with experience with gabapentin and mixing it with Benzos let me know how they synergize each other!

I have LOTS of Gabapentin 300mg capsules.I keep hearing different opinions.

Shit like-

Gabapentin is the shit with Benzos!

or

Gabapentin kills my benzo high!

What's up here?

I have Xanax and Ativan as my Benzos. I take either 1mg of Xanax and 3mg of Ativan. Or 2mg of Xanax and 2mf of Ativan.

Separately - 4mg Xanax - 6mg Ativan

For those of you with with experience with gabapentin and mixing it with Benzos let me know how they synergize each other!

in all reality try it out for yourself everyone reacts different
i got prescribed the exact same thing
try 150mg of gabapentin first then add in the other 150 if needed
i have taken gabapentin with xanax i wouldnt say it was a killer high
but the xanax did calm me down and i kinda got a drunk feeling
did feel like the gabapentin did potentate the xanax a bit not to such an extreme but i did notice it and the gabapentin lifted my mood actually felt happy and like my old self

I'm prescribed 900mg Gabapentin per day. Most evenings I mix this with .25mg Clonazolam.

They definitely synergize pretty well. I've never heard of anyone saying that it kills their benzo high. It will enhance it if anything, but Gabapentin isn't that strong of a med IMO

Honestly, I think the dependence factor with gabapentin is underrated. If you feel anything, it will only be for a day or two. I've been on the stuff for years and it has a nasty withdrawal. If you don't taper it right it can fuck you up for a long time, you don't always get better in a few weeks or whatever. It's kind of strange stuff. I really wouldn't take it everyday, its effect is so subtle it really just becomes a dependency. I wish I wasn't on it, and it's going to take me a while to taper off of it. Not trying to get too off base, but just don't take it for more than a few days at a time.

I have mixed k-pins and gaba.s.. once, and never again. It definitely gives you that drunk w/ out the spins effect. I felt like my legs did not want to cooperate with me when I wanted to stand and get up!
I then proceeded to pass in and out of a sleep like state, causing very Lucid dreams.

That was my experience, wish you the best though..
...as always, be safe.

Honestly, I think the dependence factor with gabapentin is underrated. If you feel anything, it will only be for a day or two. I've been on the stuff for years and it has a nasty withdrawal. If you don't taper it right it can fuck you up for a long time, you don't always get better in a few weeks or whatever. It's kind of strange stuff. I really wouldn't take it everyday, its effect is so subtle it really just becomes a dependency. I wish I wasn't on it, and it's going to take me a while to taper off of it. Not trying to get too off base, but just don't take it for more than a few days at a time.

I've been prescribed 900mg Gabapentin for about a year, same dose every day (actually, I tapered down from 2700mg/daily at the beginning.) I was prescribed it to deal with the terrible PAWS from my benzo taper, and I have been taking benzos almost every day since I was 18-19.

And yes, there are times when I feel like I'm only taking the Gabapentin because I don't want to deal with the withdrawal (I've read some horror stories on here.) I take 4 different psych meds daily, I'm no stranger to their positive and adverse effects. Gabapentin is a med that has given me relatively few side effects, and really saved my life for a bit - the never ending PAWS from the benzo w/d left me completely unable to function. Of course, now I'm also on benzos again, but I only take a small nightly dose for sleep. Yes, I'm aware my neurochemistry is fucked. But given the option of taking a pill every day to stay functional, or not being a functional human being at all, it isn't really a choice.

I'm sure I'll taper some day. My current life situation does not make that an option at this time.

Have you asked your doctor about changing to Lyrica (Pregabalin)? It is a newer, cleeaner, stronger version of Gabapentin.

No I'm not going to ask my doctor to switch me to something stronger and that's a Schedule 5 controlled substance.

He asks me every once in a while how is the Gabapentin working for you? My answers are either 'good' or 'great' Can't just call him and say HEY CAN I CHANGE MY GABAPENTIN TO LYRICA. lol

But anyways, I'm still seeing mixed answers...

I'll just leave it alone and save my Gabapentin for W/D. That's the best option IMO.

No I'm not going to ask my doctor to switch me to something stronger and that's a Schedule 5 controlled substance.

He asks me every once in a while how is the Gabapentin working for you? My answers are either 'good' or 'great' Can't just call him and say HEY CAN I CHANGE MY GABAPENTIN TO LYRICA. lol

But anyways, I'm still seeing mixed answers...

I'll just leave it alone and save my Gabapentin for W/D. That's the best option IMO.

I imagine your doctor would be happy to switch you to Lyrica if the Gabapentin isn't doing it's job. I mean it was invented by the same company as a cleaner, more potent version.

Go with your head and you'll be fine.

Cheers

I think a small dose of gabapentin like just a few pills or one or two 300mg pills of gabapentin make benzos much better. imo Plus a beer a two ofc lol

Why take pills to potentiate benzos when a beer or a shot will triple the effect?It's a dangerous game mixing all this stuff together but for benzos,IMO alcohol certainly boosts their effects!

^^^"Uh, alcohol may be the worst thing to mix benzos with. That is not good advice to give on a harm reduction forum.

Because alchohol and benzo's turns alot of people into assholes,blackouts,fighting etc... I think I was the one that suggested this to Methacodone,lol. Gaba puts me in such a good mood, and a few benzo's it's like an energetic, social, relaxing buzz. I enjoy it. If I'm taking it for fun then it's a couple grams of Gaba (like 2400mg) with 4-6mg of xanax or klonopin(I gotta toerance dont go that high if your tolernce isn't that high!) I honestly in some ways prefer Gabapentin for anxiety instead of benzo's but it makes me to energetic. Anyway nice combo, espially if you are on Suboxone maintaince... For a medical dose my benzo intake is 2mg, or 1800mg of Gaba...

I've staggered 300mg gabapentins once every 45 min to an hour for 8 hours 2400mg staggered then ate 3 mg of Klonopin. It definitely had an effect.It was how benzos should feel..I staggered a total of 1200mg of lyrica and ate 3mg of Klonopin. That felt awesome also. how benzos should feel. way better combined. I did all this this week

Why take pills to potentiate benzos when a beer or a shot will triple the effect?It's a dangerous game mixing all this stuff together but for benzos,IMO alcohol certainly boosts their effects!

Alcohol can also cause blackouts, which include out of character behaviour and could land you in a lot of trouble - if not kill you!
Please don't recommend people mix Gabapentin OR benzos with alcohol, as I've combined both and ended up in hospital both times.