• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol gaba cross dependance

en10se

Bluelighter
does alcohol and ativan cause cross dependance, like if you took alcohol one day then ativan on day2 would it be the same as drinking two days? in the way of creating physical dependance? i got alcohol posioning yesterday and today i took ativan, im trying not to use gaba dailey for risk physical dependance.

There is definitely some cross tolerance but it normally takes a month or two to notice anything major.

long term yes but if its a few days no
i am a daily drinker and have to use caution when i use benzos

If you just had alcohol poisoning and are thinking about getting high the next day, it might be time to re-evaluate some of your life goals.

If you just had alcohol poisoning and are thinking about getting high the next day, it might be time to re-evaluate some of your life goals.
No offense MadDash but that's not what they asked. OP yes they have a cross Tolerance but not completely. Benzos target GABA-A while alcohol hits GABA-B so it's not completely like drinking two days in a row or taking benzos two days in a row.

Mad Dash only has OP's best interest in mind. We all know that mixing benzos with alcohol is potentially deadly, if nothing else one might make an ass of themselves. Please be careful OP.

If you use them infrequently you will have no problems but that's just my experience, YMMV

thank you ya the drinking needs to stop, i take ativan for ptsd / panic attacks, thanks for replies.

Mad Dash only has OP's best interest in mind. We all know that mixing benzos with alcohol is potentially deadly, if nothing else one might make an ass of themselves. Please be careful OP.

If you use them infrequently you will have no problems but that's just my experience, YMMV
Uh he never said anything about mixing benzos and alcohol. Maybe v you should reread the question before writing something, just my 2 cents

Uh he never said anything about mixing benzos and alcohol. Maybe v you should reread the question before writing something, just my 2 cents

Who's to say he hasn't or won't do it? Just a friendly reminder, we are here for harm reduction by the way. If he has a script for Ativan and uses alcohol then more than likely he will use them together.

but ya i dont use them together, but either way thanks for the replies, i got my answer i needed.

No offense MadDash but that's not what they asked. OP yes they have a cross Tolerance but not completely. Benzos target GABA-A while alcohol hits GABA-B so it's not completely like drinking two days in a row or taking benzos two days in a row.

His question was already answered, I was not going to repeat the same thing twice, so I chose to give him some advice on another topic, his own health. Which certainly falls under harm reduction. If you want cut and dry harm reduction where all they do is answer questions asked and do not ever take opinion into consideration you are in the wrong place, try dancesafe. They have a great mission over there but the forums are boring as hell.

thank you ya the drinking needs to stop, i take ativan for ptsd / panic attacks, thanks for replies.

I see, if it is for anxiety you should be fine. Like peach mentioned just try not to mix it with booze. It should also help with your alcohol WD I saw you talking about in your other thread, it should help it a lot. But as Ativan has a short half life it is going to require a lot of redosing. Valium or Librium are much better suited for the task.

Once again, you posted your "2 cents" and she posted hers. Please leave others alone if you don't mind, I didn't ask for your advice, and neither did peach. OP asked for advice, so respond to him and please keep the cross talk to a minimum. No offense.