• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Further thoughts on Poppy Pod withdrawal.

MikeMercury

Bluelighter
Here I am again with another query .

12 years light to medium use . Retired male.

Because of constant, relentless heat attacks ..(anything physical triggers one as does as cup of tea.)
I decided to quit and also the supply in U.K. is iffy to say the least. Unfortunately you can't grow poppies in damp, waterlogged clay soggy gardens with virtually no sun.

But I suffer badly with feet neuropathy (nerves dying ) also prostate problems and after trying most everything , guess what the best help I get with both is ? I used it as an antidote for pain and bad discomfort. Now that's gone and I've collected a load more upsets such as RLS, ultra fatigue etc etc.

This last week Ive resorted to the barest , minimum micro amount I can take and get some comfort.
probably 2-3 times a week usually in the small hours . I'm very receptive so a tablespoon of ground straw
Is more than enough.

Now, my problem is I really don't want to give it up but the heat attacks are debilitating ..I suspected testosterone but no. It's long term use effecting part of the brain. (Hypercamus /spelling ? ) Then there's the sporadic supply problem getting worse. It's legal here with constraints.

Its why i decided to see what life without would be like. So far , not very good but I know it takes a long time.
the question is am I scuppering all progress by having these occasional slips ? They are a big relief at the time . If not for the heat attacks and sporadic supply problem I don't think I would quit. I know in another 10-15 years I'll use what ever helps as by then it won't matter that much.
But at the moment is very occasional micro use a disaster ? I imagined a huge long taper until I didn't notice anymore which so far, is what I've done.

Tbh, I’d switch to a pure opiate. Pods have so many different active compounds that the WD is awful & who knows how all of them are affecting your health. How does codeine work for you?

Hello, thanks for reply , this forum is the best help I'm getting so far from anywhere.

I tried codeine /paracetamol 8/500mg cold extraction which seemed to work fine. The codeine water extremely bitter. But to my dismay after starting with 8 tablets and no effect, I gradually went to 15 tablets for extraction (or tampering is the official word !)
and still didn't get much result. I might be losing codeine in the process I don't know.

Is a potential dose of codeine of say 120mg low medium or high? . Thats in theory, in reality it will be a lot less I expect.

I pack of 32 tablets per chemist allowed per week is frustrating. It means travelling around to different chemists. So no, codeine not doing much unless the dose is too small.

You could try to isolate crude morphine from the pods using calcium hydroxide but it takes some skill.

Poppies contain a lot of nasty alkaloids that aren't the best to use longterm

Thanx for reply, I wouldnt mess with anything like that. Although Ive used the pods a long time it's only been light doses mostly. I've been off them for several weeks now but still have to resort to the minimum possible sometimes to defeat RLS torture.
im starting on Gabapentin soon (very carefully) and hope they rid me of RLS.
Starting about 1pm each day, I'm overcome with terrible fatigue symptoms. Doing anything at all is mind over matter effort. It lasts while about 4-5pm then fades but it's every day. I expect this to last at least another 5 weeks. This and the RLS the last two symptoms. Knowing I could take a dose of poppies and feel great is a cruel cruel temptation which I've managed to overcome.