• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Further OxyNeo/Oxy OP dosage questions?

DilaDil

Greenlighter
Hello. I am aware that there is an OxyNeo megathread, but I have looked there and have not found a definitive answer for my question.

For some background, I use opiates about once/twice every couple weeks (20 mg Oxy, 4 mg Dilauded, 30 mg hydrocodone, etc.) and I smoke pot on a daily basis. I have recently acquired 4 10 mg OxyNeo's.

My first question is about the time release mechanism. I know that there are gels that prevent melting/crushing, but when taken orally, is there really any difference between that and the old Oxy's? I was personally always a fan of taking the old oxy's orally and it always worked for me, so will there be much of a difference in effects when taking OxyNeo it orally?

Secondly, let's say the effects of OxyNeo are more faint than those of Oxycontin, should I take more to compensate? I usually take 20 mg of IR oxy and it puts me where I want to be, but I have 40 mg to play with the OxyNeo's, so I can always take more if I need to achieve similar effect.

Thank you. %)

You can always take more, you can't take less. That should be your golden rule.

I'm not positive on the time release, because I've taken both kind of oxy and they both seem to kick in pretty quickly.

I'm assuming by now you tried it. How did it go?

Yeah, the OPs/OxyNeos suck! I believe they are the same thing correct? OxyNeo is just Canada's version of the OP oxys from what I have heard... Anyways, I have had the OPs before and they weren't nearly as good as the old formulas OCs were, even just taking an OC orally vs taking an OP orally was very different IME. Some people don't see any difference in the two when taken orally, but I felt like the OPs weren't kicking in fast enough and were just weaker than the OCs in general. Like if I took about 80mg of OP oxy I would feel as if I took like 60mg of OC oxy IF I WAS LUCKY, probably felt closer to 50mg tbh. And the way the 2 came on, and felt once they kicked in was just different too. The OPs took wayyy too long to have an effect on me, but the OCs came on fairly quick and lasted in a more consistent feeling of euphoria and analgesia than the OPs. Hope you feel them like you did with the old formula oxys when taking these, because I didn't and I did have to take more of them to have an even remotely similar feeling to the OCs. Good luck.