• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Functional / therapeutic meth use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The thing is, most meth in America made via Red Phosphorus / Iodine reduction using pseudoephedrine DOES yield "near pure" crystalline d-meth.

Interesting, didn't realize this.

@OP, how do you intend to try and use methamphetamine therapeutically?

I've been suffering for my whole life from what I believe to be ADHD-I. The symptom list describes me to a tee. Caffeine has a therapeutic effect, so I assume amphetamines would be ideal. However, because my psychiatrist believes that it is something I will eventually "outgrow", he declines to prescribe medication. I have no patience to doctor-shop, so I feel I must take matters into my own hands. I can get black-market pharmaceutical dextroamphetamine, but it's very expensive in comparison to meth, so I'm looking into the latter for economical reasons.

Have you considered the doc might be right or have reasons to deny meds? Outgrow doesnt seem to be a reason for not treating current issues, im sure you queried this response. Did he say or imply anything else? Did you dress like tweaker maybe shirt inside out etc or? Just kidding.

Getting a second opinion might help and is probably not considered doc shopping. Its worth a try before ordering dodgy amps of a modified type or different likely reduced from normal amps. That sounds like a double negative or greater risk for subpar product and meth is probably overkill and has other issues as well. A dangerous road for sure.

Try determine why they wont give you meds first?

Also coffee helping is strange since doesnt the ADHD treatment work via dopamine. Why not try another stronger similar stim to see if it helps instead since coffee did. Far less fun but a far better alternative if it worked out well

The reason people use Desoxyn successfully is because the largest dose form manufactured today is 5 milligrams. It's a little harder to abuse than street methamphetamine, which on the other hand is hard to get a dose under 10mg accurately.

Caffeine has a therapeutic effect, so I assume amphetamines would be ideal.

That doesn't follow; caffeine works totally different form amphetamines.

My advice- stick with caffeine, and look at your lifestyle. If you think you have ADHD-I you may just be bored of your job. Don't fall into the trap of assuming amphetamines will fix everything. And for fucks sake don't push your doc's buttons trying to find a prescription, or you will be labeled a drug-seeker.

What it really boils down to is: Yes. Some people use street methamphetamine for performance enhancing use. But those people have the willpower of gods; many of them slip and end up addicted or otherwise trashed. Most people who manage to use amphetamines "successfully" have them as an oral dose-form, less than 10mg a tablet. Long periods of mental ruin can be brought about by as little as 100mg/day of amphetamine.

Given the unreliablility of meth on the street (some batches cut with MSM, etc), the fact that the average Joe Blow does not have a GC/MS to valdate purity (let alone an accurate scale), and the very nature of the industry, it is best to avoid using meth/amphetamines from the street for productivity use.

If you really want amphetamines, try the "other" treatments first at least. You may be suprised. Some people find that non-amphetamine type drugs work good for ADD, though they're a minority.

Have you considered the doc might be right or have reasons to deny meds? Outgrow doesnt seem to be a reason for not treating current issues, im sure you queried this response. Did he say or imply anything else?

Frankly, I DGAF what doctors have to say about my problems anymore. I've come to believe that I know myself better than any stranger can, and that I need to solve this problem on my own, by trialing various treatments in order to discover the most effective solution.

Doctors wanted to zombify me on SSRIs for my anxiety. I successfully overcame the majority of my anxiety with a series of ayahuasca sessions, and now I'm living an anxiety-free AND SSRI-free life. I intend to follow a similar path with respect to my ADHD.

That doesn't follow; caffeine works totally different form amphetamines.

Caffeine works to solve my problem --> there is clinical evidence that caffeine works against ADHD --> I assume my problem is ADHD --> amphetamines are used to treat ADHD.

My advice- stick with caffeine, and look at your lifestyle. If you think you have ADHD-I you may just be bored of your job.

That's the thing, though. I have this difficulty focusing irregardless of my position in life. I'm very passionate and enthusiastic about the subjects I'm studying right now. Hell, it's hard for me to take showers in under 30 minutes, because it's so difficult for me to focus on the actual act of bathing as opposed to daydreaming about random shit.

Anyways, I do appreciate your input, Sekio. Anytime I see your username, I know I should pay attention (har har). :)

By the same token, investigate lesser-invasive NDRI drugs like methylphenidate, which are also efficacious in ADHD.

And don't forget to not pidgeonhole yourself with the aid of drugs. The world needs dreamers and philosophers just as much as hard workers.

^ Well done and i agree taking informed responsibility and action for your own health but your questions seem to imply a different path with amp usage then you imply was taken with the anxiety issues. If you can deal with that in a drug free way then im sure you can with the other thing, which is probably not as difficult as with anxiety im guessing since i know that level of hell well.

Sekio also brought up the harsh reality that these ADHD symptoms are often misdiagnosis of another different issue and the reality is that its a wonderful excuse for an easy solution to something else that might be causing frustration, distraction, disinterest, etc are also common facts of life and could indicate dissatisfaction with issues with current circumstances or something else for example.

No doubt ensuring improved tolerance of such things and a chemical solution for the illusion of making things easier and more satisfactory seems like a good idea. And drug up kids happy with everything even school and thus far less difficult to deal with must seem like a wonderful treatment for lazy parents with drastic improvements confirming the diagnosis was correct and the treatment is necessary and guilt free to boot.

But the issue is that amps will seemingly treat pretty much anything or seem to do so from an unknowing outside perspective. Hell a cancer sufferer dosed up on amps would noticeably more well and happy with life or perceive reduced pain or negative effects when high.

With this measure amps is a miracle cure for pretty much any ailment there is since fake happiness and pleasure from everything including unwanted shit can do that quite well. Not a bad idea where it sustainable and without issues, i would be high forever since who wouldnt want to be happy all the time.

Plus scoring some amps easily on script is tempting as well no doubt. Its just not sustainable or helpful in the longer run. Docs have a tough job screening patients well with this.

Not saying thats you or anybody but many a good well meaning person has convinced himself its a real need when it might not be. Honestly the whole ADHD and amp treatment is flawed in many ways and offers up an excellent excuse to make false determinations of what your might really need as the symptoms are all normal things like life sucking.

I admit some do need it legitimately but i worry about kids with issues getting amps to deal with stuff thats often just life and its many challenges. Not a great lesson on the way to deal with lifes challenges.

Anyways each case is different so what do i know. Im glad to hear that docs arent handing it out like candy at least. I rekon psychologists would be better suited to make this decision instead.

Caffeine works to solve my problem --> there is clinical evidence that caffeine works against ADHD --> I assume my problem is ADHD --> amphetamines are used to treat ADHD.

That's the thing, though. I have this difficulty focusing irregardless of my position in life. I'm very passionate and enthusiastic about the subjects I'm studying right now. Hell, it's hard for me to take showers in under 30 minutes, because it's so difficult for me to focus on the actual act of bathing as opposed to daydreaming about random shit.

Anyways, I do appreciate your input, Sekio. Anytime I see your username, I know I should pay attention (har har). :)

Good that's why I brought him in. I was worried that we are not portraying all the negative aspects and I do not want readers getting the impression that desoxyn is a miracle drug for everyone or that it has no drawbacks. This is all methamphetamine we're talking about, a serious drug that should be considered seriously and thoroughly and readers need to know that decisions are not to be made lightly.

Don't think my question warrants an entirely new thread, so I'll just ask here:

I bought some black market dexamphetamine tablets, as well as some glass shard methamphetamine, for the sake of experimentation. On Friday, I took one 10 mg dex tablet. I noticed absolutely zero increased attention span, and zero increased motivation. I didn't feel even slightly stimulated. (However, after I got bored with homework, I did end up spending like 6 or 7 hours straight just hanging with friends, which is slightly unusual for my antisocial ass.)

I'd read that Dexedrine and Desoxyn were more or less equally effective, mg for mg. So, on Sunday, I carefully measured 10 milligrams of crystal meth, and put it in a gelcap, and took it orally. I noticed a very obvious effect - a very clean stimulation, with a strong boost in focus and motivation, for many hours.

So, my question is, am I justified in suspecting that I was sold bunk dexamphetamine, or do you think it's likely that I personally just don't respond to dex the same way I do to meth?

I bought some black market dexamphetamine tablets, as well as some glass shard methamphetamine, for the sake of experimentation. On Friday, I took one 10 mg dex tablet. I noticed absolutely zero increased attention span, and zero increased motivation. I didn't feel even slightly stimulated. (However, after I got bored with homework, I did end up spending like 6 or 7 hours straight just hanging with friends, which is slightly unusual for my antisocial ass.)

I'd read that Dexedrine and Desoxyn were more or less equally effective, mg for mg. So, on Sunday, I carefully measured 10 milligrams of crystal meth, and put it in a gelcap, and took it orally. I noticed a very obvious effect - a very clean stimulation, with a strong boost in focus and motivation, for many hours.

So, my question is, am I justified in suspecting that I was sold bunk dexamphetamine, or do you think it's likely that I personally just don't respond to dex the same way I do to meth?

That really depends. We can't tell you whether the dexedrine you bought was legit or not.... We don't know anything about it, not the imprint, nada.

I'd be leaning towards your second explanation, because like in my case, yeah dexedrine may be on paper, "therapeutically equivalent" you even went as far as to say mg per mg, not a very outlandish claim but still, I respond very well to methamphetamine and very poorly to dextroamphetamine.

I agree with tricomb in that the second explanation seems more likely. I've used both those drugs orally and at the same doses, and get almost nothing from dexamp at lower doses, and shitty effects at higher ones, while meth is just like you described. For the record I have OCD, no drop of ADD here.

I'm also someone who relatively successfully self-medicated (heroin for severe pain) for a few years until I could move to a place with more reasonable/sympathetic/understanding doctors and get medicated properly. I think the key, in addition to having massive will power, is to use in a way that doesn't get you high, and to avoid ROAs that are themselves addictive. It's possible, but it takes a lot of discipline. Take breaks if you can, too, just to prove to yourself that you can, as well as to keep your tolerance down.

I'd be leaning towards your second explanation, because like in my case, yeah dexedrine may be on paper, "therapeutically equivalent" you even went as far as to say mg per mg, not a very outlandish claim but still, I respond very well to methamphetamine and very poorly to dextroamphetamine.

I agree with tricomb in that the second explanation seems more likely. I've used both those drugs orally and at the same doses, and get almost nothing from dexamp at lower doses, and shitty effects at higher ones, while meth is just like you described.

Yes, I'm starting to agree with you both. The dexamp tablets I have look completely identical to the legitimate pharms that they are purported to be, so if they are a sham, then someone put an awful lot of effort into pressing these bunk pills. :D

So, interesting finding. Dexamphetamine is pretty much worthless, while meth is highly effective for me. Maybe it's a blessing that my psych. decided not to prescribe me anything, because I wouldn't have discovered meth. Or a disaster. I'll do my best to avoid that.

Just for the sake of information, I'll note that, for me, 10 milligrams of oral methamphetamine is not euphoric or recreational in the slightest. It simply enhances concentration exceptionally well. Also, no crash or other adverse effects are noted.

Alternating twice a year between Novartis Ritalin (brand methylphenidate) & Dexedrine (brand Dextroamphetamine) scripts, today I was switched to Dexedrine.

Just plugged 70mg of Dexies.

Although Dexedrine is twice the potency (per mg) of Ritalin, Ritalin is subjectively a lot more stimulating, motivating, awakeness-promoting, cognitive-enhancing, and anxiogenic. Dexedrine is more euphoric, mellow "high" and relaxing.

Had I plugged 70mg Ritalin, I would be "fueled" in the butt with a strong urge to lace my 20-hole Docs or inline skates and get out in public... Not the case with Dexies. Just a relaxing "high". Dexies give me a different softer "high".

Plugging lower dosage (>10mg), I find Dexies perfect to just hang with friends at a club. Even lower for therapeutic use, unlike Ritalin, Dexies give me a "clean" focus capable to study for hours.

In short, for recreational use, I prefer hands down plugging Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Dexies are unworthy of recreational value, even at higher doses. For therapeutic use, I prefer hands down plugging very low dose (5mg pill) Dexedrine and focus for hours. Dexies also curb my appetite.

Yes, I'm starting to agree with you both. The dexamp tablets I have look completely identical to the legitimate pharms that they are purported to be, so if they are a sham, then someone put an awful lot of effort into pressing these bunk pills. :D

So, interesting finding. Dexamphetamine is pretty much worthless, while meth is highly effective for me. Maybe it's a blessing that my psych. decided not to prescribe me anything, because I wouldn't have discovered meth. Or a disaster. I'll do my best to avoid that.

I often believe that in many situations, not getting prescribed what you wanted to begin with can be a huge blessing in disguise, you just don't realize it for a few years.

Just for the sake of information, I'll note that, for me, 10 milligrams of oral methamphetamine is not euphoric or recreational in the slightest. It simply enhances concentration exceptionally well. Also, no crash or other adverse effects are noted.

Agreed 110%.

Just a bit of an update.

I spent the latter half of this past Spring college semester using doses of oral methamphetamine in the 4 to 8 milligram range, most days. I still don't quite know what to think of this drug.

I think my main problem with the stuff is that it is essentially anti-addictive for me, in that its excess frustration and anxiety makes it difficult for me to want to take it. However, I must say, it does what I wanted it to do: helps me focus on otherwise boring work.

I'm not even sure whether that's a good idea anymore, to be honest. What's the point of being "productive" if I have to be stressed out on this drug all the time? Plus, I've started to see that all of the "unproductive, distracted" time that I spend when I'm not on meth is actually productive in its own way. I might not be earning a stellar GPA, but I'm spending time researching other subjects like chemistry or world religions. Or hell, just enjoying playing video games while high on some other more relaxing drug. What's wrong with that anyway? :D

Rather than clinging to my ego's idea of "time well spent", and inflating my ego with stimulants, I've decided to just let go of my anxieties for the future, and live in the here and now, for better or worse.

P.S. I will definitely be hanging onto my methamphetamine for social situations, however. By far the coolest thing about meth is its ability to completely alleviate my poor self-confidence and social anxiety, allowing me to really socialize on a new level.

For me personally, in my view, meth is intended to be 'intoxicating' if you will, as some have mentioned it can cause you to venture off in your mind and the desire to have fun is at maximum levels. Before I began an amphetamine regimen for my ADHD, small amounts (say 25-50 mgs would be a sufficient 'self medicating' dose) would cause me to straighten up, take a shower, make a checklist, and stay organized, no care in the world and you're in the moment. A large dose (again this is personally) would be anything greater than ~250mgs. The most I have consumed within an hour is right around a half gram. The quarter gram dose is the hot spot for disorganization, confusion, euphoria, philosophical thinking, psychedelic-like depth in thought, feeling generous, etc. After that, it's spaced out, disfunctional, blasted with euphoria and body buzz. I have little to no comedown with amphetamines, even at large doses. I experience essentially zero paranoia or delusions. I have a special ability to control that sort of thing. Meth sort of effects me like MDMA effects others. But, this was in the past. Now I don't get any sort of euphoria or lofty, positive thinking as I once did from amphetamines, which is great because they have helped me live a functional life (I am also manic depressive with intermittent psychosis, Seroquel at 600 mgs has done unbelievable things for me, certainly depression, racing thoughts, clarity, an emotion button that I keep off as much as possible [95% of the time]). Together (taken at specific times so they don't interfere with one another at the dopamine receptors) these medications (while sadly and unfortunately big pharma bullies) have done tremendous things (along with zinc, magnesium, cimetidine, and as needed klonopin, I have no problems, when once I was schizo-affective and dancing with suicide at random, along with long, hellish mood swings).

But I digress like a motherfucker, my opinion (don't take it to seriously) is this: (with lets say 25-50mgs/day)
If you can:
-find a way to manage the duration so that you sleep 6-8 hours a night
-take care of yourself, eat, drink water, brush your teeth
-pay your bills first
-take care of your children/pets if you have them (use a small enough amount so that it is not noticeable)
-take care of your affairs
-other
Basically if you can take care of your daily life/business in a fashion in which it is impossible to tell you have consumed meth it is technically possible.
If you crave more, accidently do to much, or feel 'too high', consider lowering the dose or scrap the project, take a vacation, and regain a prescription for dexedrine or vyvanse from another doctor. Try taking it as prescribed. You won't be high, but after several months, you will be amazed at what you know, what you are capable off, and how to properly use your brain! It has improved my cognition, memory, and anxiety, along with many other things.

All in all, it's a pretty tough gig, and considering smoking probably has the shortest duration (Known ppl who slept almost every night that smoked it) it is unfortunate, as second to shooting, smoking is the worst for your body (lungs especially).

Bottom line: never shoot it. I reccomend capsules. Eat a large meal and load up on vitamins (try to avoid vitamin c) and antacids, go to town. If you feel strange or psychotic-like, find a benzo or anti-psychotic from a friend and take a small dose titrating up as needed.
Regardless, be safe, and I hope you learned something. Peace and harmony. SMOKE WEED.

Status
Not open for further replies.