• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Functional / therapeutic meth use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
I know that, in rare circumstances, d-methamphetamine is prescribed to treat ADHD. Here is an example of functional methamphetamine use.

However, does anyone successfully use street meth to self-medicate? Less potent amphetamines, like the most common prescription amps, are used widely to improve functioning at school or in the workplace. But so far I don't think I've encountered a highly successful meth user - do they exist?

^Most meth users don't get into it with the intent of therapeutic use, it starts with recreation (productiveness being a side-effect), and escalates from there to chase euphoria and whatnot.

As for therapeutic regimens, I intend on attempting one myself, just as soon as I get some new hookups. I'll tell you how it goes (it was not a lightly made decision, some rough soul-searching went into it).

The usual therapeutic caveats apply, if you're considering. Euphoria/moodlift is a side effect, not part of the healthy profile, the goal is to give you a slight nudge, to do what you have to even if it's still painful to do it, not to make things easy.

Last edited:
Probably - somewhere in the world there is.

However, because street meth is so addictive and the additives in street meth are extremely taxing on the body - I doubt it rarely ever happens. Maybe only one or two people per country are able to successfuly do this. Pharmaceutical Meth doesn't have the added addictive chemicals or additives that are extremely bad for the body and therefore is worlds safer to use (which is why it's not the same).

Also Desoxyn is prescribed to people who have a metabolism disorder and are unable to lose wait.

^Most meth users don't get into it with the intent of therapeutic use, it starts with recreation (productiveness being a side-effect), and escalates from there to chase euphoria and whatnot.

That's what I figured.

As for therapeutic regimens, I intend on attempting one myself, just as soon as I get some new hookups.

Certainly keep us posted.

[...] the additives in street meth are extremely taxing on the body

Can you elaborate on this, and if possible, provide a source for this information? I'd like to learn about these toxic "additives" in street meth. I would presume that they are less additives, and more impurities from amateur synthesis.

In my experience street crystal meth is quite strong and far to hedonistic to use in any functional way. I have never been able to find a dose where i dont simply mess around and do fun things as apposed to anything constructive.

The mindset it gives me is to not care on bit about doing anything like work and ill always abandon any plans in this regard like a spoilt child lol. I think im different in this way and most others find it functional.

For me this is good however since functional use is where it can become very addicting due to the perceived performance enhancement.

I would honestly avoid any attempts at discovering any functional use. All that means is daily use and addiction. In my own experience I have found it relatively easy to use it only on weekends and for rec purposes mostly because it has no functional use for me.

In my opinion a "highly successful meth use would be the guy that made sure he didn't use it for anything functional and thus kept far away from daily use.

For what you want i found kanna to work decently. Its also one of the few things thats apparently not addictive, doesn't cause withdrawals and can be used long term and daily (based off my research so far).
Just an idea.

Also i do use Kratom and i guess that would be my functional drug. I use it often in the week and its perfect for doing work since its rather stimulating and motivating for me and i dont find it causes any problems with 2-3 consecutive days.

In a perfect world, I can see myself medicating with street meth, also because there are no other forms of it that are legally available here.
However through more than 10 years experience, this would work for a few hours and then go "pear shaped".

So IMO, No, there isn't any "functional" therapeutic meth use except in the first 2-3 hours - but there is no "stop-button" available causing any positive "functional therapeutic use" felt right in the beginning to swing the other way causing it to become a negative effect therapeutically.
This negative effect also would out-weight the initial positive effect by thousands of percent in the long run.

^ I think the problem is that its to euphoric. What i find is that due to the reward activity pretty much resulting in you being happy with whatever random activity you are engaged in, i find it very difficult to change activities.

Its annoying, even simple things like getting something to drink is a long process of eventually getting distracted enough to remember this need in the first place and then work on peeling yourself away from something thats very engaging and doing something else that is, based off of memory, far less entertaining.

Because of this i find it very difficult to do pretty much anything since the idea of starting some work seems incredibly unsatisfactory compared to what you are currently doing.

I guess dosing very small doses while already working would work and if you could force yourself to engage in some constructive activity when doing something else it would also work as you would then be rewarded for it as well so it would become "fun" i guess. I never got that far however so not sure. Its actually pointless

I have tried it for work a few times. My work is mostly emails and communications (management stuff) and amps really do not result in proper business emails. I dont know how others manage work on this stuff but emails always turn into very long (like the way this post is heading) personal irrelevant unprofessional repetitive over descriptive (like this sentence) disasters like telling your boss who you dont like at all that he is such a great guy in long painful embarrassing detail. No more of that shit thanks.

Speaking to people is even worse. It just doesn't work and i cant hide it at all. Anyways the point is that street amps are a very bad idea for what you want, even besides all the many other obvious reasons.

EDIT: Ok, i think the point of this post and mentioning the euphoria initially was actually to say that another type of drug like ephedrine might work well for getting things done by providing the focus without the euphoria which is unconstructive for these purposes.

I dont think its avail these days but i used it many years ago mostly as a kid wanting a buzz, but it worked well for doing work but unfortunately had the nasty side effect of aggression and chasing neighborhood kids down the road with a shovel (no idea why which is the problem). Turns out we where eating 400mg tabs of pure pharma crystal. I think that's apparently to much.

In retrospect however the effects of ephedrine and what we would consider negative SNS or peripheral stimulation was actually quite pleasant and useful, even rather enjoyable. It was not how you might perceive it to be when experiencing it as a side effect from amps or coke. If i had access now might use it effectively for getting things done. I would be interested to know if there was a similar option in terms of effect and strength to some degree?

There are many other options though. Meth for your purposes might be like clearing some rubble with a big ass unstable bomb. Its really a lot of fun but shits gonna go wrong, guaranteed.

Last edited:
Desoxyn never seemed quite as euphoric to me as street, assuming its because I can snort much more meth a lot faster without all that filler in it. I get absolutely no euphoria from taking meth orally and have used it multiple times for things like studying with no issue of trying to re-dose, but I'm also not that big of a fan of the amphetamine high.

The chances of using any street drug to self-medicate a condition is extremely rare.. especially in an individual with prior addiction issues.

It sounds good in theory but in practice.. it's just not likely.

No effects orally is a bit strange. It has shown to be very effective this way and in my experience. I know i take larger doses this way since i came to like them when i did this mistakenly treating it like street coke.

What are your doses, perhaps if they are on the lower or normal end this done orally could cause reduced effects. I do know that lower doses with meth for me is not good. It always has more side effects in relation to the positive effects and that annoying anxiety stims give you that coke always used to cause.

Fortunately unlike the shitty street coke, with crystal you can dose that stim anxiety and anything negative at all, drug related or not, into oblivion. As an example of silly usage, i used to have this weird idea that increased dosage would resolve any issue with the experience and would often be able to resolve vasoc discomfort by taking more which doesnt make much sense. Once i treated overstimulation from taking to much, by taking more, honestly and it worked perfectly, dont ask me how that worked.

What i find is its a game of managing euphoria and positive effects vs the negative effects. Why this rather dumb idea worked was the fact that with meth dosing more and to very high levels could often increase the perceived positive effects (but more likely its the focus and distraction that helps the most) to a level where they overpower anything else and such things along with other things you actually want to remember, just dont get through to you at all, like the signals for shit gets cut off leaving you in this crazy protected dead zone of comfort and immortaility.

In my silly days of ignorant high dosages i would get all the vasoc shit but never hardly noticed or cared about it and never even remember it after, and only realized the extent of the discomfort in lower doses where such trivial things actually register to you.

Prob here is that many other signals get blocked, like the need to take a piss or shit or hydrate etc, they dont penetrate the weird headspace thats in some other world you get in. It worked out to be rather destructive and unhealthy due to simply not even thinking about basic human needs at all. A bit to close to actually beliving some of the lis like being indestructable and possibly seriously entertainng thoughts of taking on a car or some other dangerous situation. A bit to close to insanity for my liking. Fun though, but best avoided.

You mention no euphoria implying you do get some other effects. This sounds pretty much like my experience. Even normal doses other people might use, on the more lower end spectrum or functional therapeutic ones are not enjoyable for me due to as you say no positive effects at least in terms of hiding or making the side effects worth it.

In higher doses meth made me a happy man in terms of no anxiety at all and no need to drink to take the edge off like with shitty coke, its so much better. Anyways not recommending increased dosage but i find the dosage range quite large in terms of varying effects that are positive and not uncomfortable or dangerous.

I know from ignorant experience that i can take up to 500mg of good crystal and have a good time without any bad side effects beyond the norm, though it does get antisocial and destructive irresponsible and arrogant/aggressive, but i find in higher does people annoy me for some reason, it feels like they are talking so slow and i wish they would stop speaking and get on with it lol. Anyways i dont take that dose again and would not and neither recommend it but in my experience the dose range is tolerant and useful for finding your reference with careful experimentation, but dont take my word for it, maybe i got lucky.

There are a number of different highs it can offer depending on your requirements. I usually tend towards "brain numbing euphoria and the sensation of godhood and mortality and a state of perfection and near insanity which requires i lock myself away in my room and avoid any civilians and related risk of discovery or causing damage in some way.

I usually space out focused on some random shit for hours or days and spend a lot of time in my head talking to myself, analyzing some issues or new idea and venturing near the limits of sanity to see what interesting things might be around them parts. Definitely not social dosage or functional for public exposure but i enjoy this type of thing, like a different sort of mental psychedelic mental performance enhancing effected crossed with insane thoughts, but others might not.

Though still increased dosage has improvements over the shitty lower dose effects that dont yet venture into insane territories. Oh and my doses tend to make me rattle on and on like with this post. Apologies if i repeated myself a zillion times..

^^

God, do you write some long ass posts, Blight.. hah.

It's like a full novel every time you show up.

^^

God, do you write some long ass posts, Blight.. hah.

It's like a full novel every time you show up.

Yeah sorry man, its just that I have so much wisdom and insight to share. It practically bursts forth demanding to be freed upon those in great need of its guidance and teachings.

Actually the truth is that i appreciate BL and try to share and contribute as much as possible and try to help others and be a good person. Ok ok thats part of it but the real truth is that im high and enjoy writing stuff and a lot of it.

It should make some degree of sense though and be of some value, if a touch long and overly detailed, opinionated, slightly off topic, repetitive, etc. But those are good things i hope. My posts are pure gold i fact, if i do say so myself.

Last edited:
I would classify myself as a functional (pharmaceutical) methamphetamine user. I do not take my Desoxyn every day, but I have been taking it (during periods where I would dose daily regularly) without problems for five years, give or take a year.

Some things I've noticed about desoxyn:
-No compulsive redosing.
-I know this must sound crazy, but I feel like it has the least potential for abuse out of every med I'm RX'd. I can have an excess of literally thousands of desoxyn, yet struggle immensely to make my pain pills last the whole month....
-Desoxyn is by far the best therapeutic stimulant for me.
-I don't get any side effects, maybe mild appetite suppression, but NOTHING like the shit-ton of side effects that Adderall, or Crystal brings on.
-I have never required a dose escalation in my entire Desoxyn therapy (about 5 years now)
-I can take a single 5mg pill and feel dose-dependent focus, I NEVER have needed to take more than my RX'd dose.
-I never even come close to taking my full daily dose, even in times when I would take it daily I would rarely require my full dose.f
-It's more expensive than methamphetamine that is cooked out here in Cook County, and worth every cent over it's crystal counterpart.
-I would compare my subjective desoxyn experience to that of experiencing methamphetamine without the huge potential for addiction. I may be one of the few who doesn't view my Desoxyn as a goldmine. Some people beg to bang desoxyn, I don't know why. I benefit the most from the less/not fiendish ROA's: oral/rectal.

Some things I've noticed about crystal:
-too tempting to use more euphoric ROAs like intranasal rather than productive ones like oral/rectal.
-Way too many side effects
- street drug so no quality control (even though where I live the quality can essentially be guaranteed, we got like the Martha Stewarts of meth cooks out here).
-I've seen this drug destroy too many lives to ever condone it's therapeutic use, and I worry for your plan NeverKnowsBest.
-Desoxyn literally should be viewed as a completely different drug, it certainly behaves as one.

I would classify myself as a functional (pharmaceutical) methamphetamine user. I do not take my Desoxyn every day, but I have been taking it (during periods where I would dose daily regularly) without problems for five years, give or take a year.

Some things I've noticed about desoxyn:
-No compulsive redosing.
-I know this must sound crazy, but I feel like it has the least potential for abuse out of every med I'm RX'd. I can have an excess of literally thousands of desoxyn, yet struggle immensely to make my pain pills last the whole month....
-Desoxyn is by far the best therapeutic stimulant for me.
-I don't get any side effects, maybe mild appetite suppression, but NOTHING like the shit-ton of side effects that Adderall, or Crystal brings on.
-I have never required a dose escalation in my entire Desoxyn therapy (about 5 years now)
-I can take a single 5mg pill and feel dose-dependent focus, I NEVER have needed to take more than my RX'd dose.
-I never even come close to taking my full daily dose, even in times when I would take it daily I would rarely require my full dose.f
-It's more expensive than methamphetamine that is cooked out here in Cook County, and worth every cent over it's crystal counterpart.
-I would compare my subjective desoxyn experience to that of experiencing methamphetamine without the huge potential for addiction. I may be one of the few who doesn't view my Desoxyn as a goldmine. Some people beg to bang desoxyn, I don't know why. I benefit the most from the less/not fiendish ROA's: oral/rectal.

Some things I've noticed about crystal:
-too tempting to use more euphoric ROAs like intranasal rather than productive ones like oral/rectal.
-Way too many side effects
- street drug so no quality control (even though where I live the quality can essentially be guaranteed, we got like the Martha Stewarts of meth cooks out here).
-I've seen this drug destroy too many lives to ever condone it's therapeutic use, and I worry for your plan NeverKnowsBest.
-Desoxyn literally should be viewed as a completely different drug, it certainly behaves as one.

Yeah you can't really compare the regulated/quality controlled Desoxyn to street meth.

I personally believe that [street] methamphetamine effects me much more positively than negatively.

My overall quality of life is significantly better whilst on the drug.

I have been a daily user for approximately 2 years now. My tolerance has stayed the same for almost a year now (my usage equates to about 0.2 g/day). This amount isn't something I hold myself to; I use when I want to (except for when I am at work, or a social function, with non-using friends - which are most of my friends - or parents, etc.) I don't restrict my use, I just use until I am comfortable, and redose as needed.

In the past year, I have opened my own business, and last week I was promoted to manager at my job, which is not an easy feat to accomplish at this specific place. I have been able to lessen my social anxiety a bit, and am able to leave the house and do normal things like grocery shop, run errands - whereas before, I was crippled with depression most of the time, drunk (haven't drank in over a year and a half), stoned to the bone (haven't smoked pot in 2 years - mind you, I don't have any ill will towards pot or those who use it, it just isn't a good drug for me, personally) and rarely left the house, and was terrified to go to work or see my friends.
Nobody is aware of my use except for the two or three people I use with.
I've never been in trouble with the law and have no record.
I have never and will never use this or any other drug intravenously. I am not saying using drugs via IV route is bad, nor the people who do - however, in my experience, I have seen up close the potential it has to quickly take someone from functional user to full-blown junkie in a very short period of time. That, and I'm positive I'd enjoy the hell out of it. So for me, it's simply not an option.

Of course, there are negative aspects - sometimes I get stuck on a specific activity for a bit too long.
I'm ALWAYS late. Not massively late, like hours, but 5 minutes late for work, or 1/2 hour late for social engagements, etc. I really need to squash that.
I notice in my speech, I often have trouble remembering the 'right' word for things, and my memory is shot to hell. Not sure if the memory part is a direct effect of the drug, because I had a difficult time remembering things before I used, but I'm sure it doesn't help. I believe that lack of sleep probably contributes.
Monetarily, I have struggled some because of choosing the drug over paying a bill or two on time, but nothing dramatic or life changing/threatening - I would never choose the drug over something essential and important such as rent, insurance, etc.

Some may look at this and say "that's the drug talking, she is all fucked up and can't see it, delusional, clouded by the clouds, living in a fantasy world..."
Maybe...but I don't think so. I think the results speak for themselves. I am the first to admit when I fuck something up, and I'm fully aware when shit is hitting the proverbial fan. I would be straightforward and say that this drug is fucking my life up - but it's not, and I choose not to let it.

The performance enhancing aspects you mentioned are real and is the drug talking, but is the truth to some extent bar some important ommissions. The problem is that its not really reliable, consistent and most importantly sustainable. This makes it a honey trap in some way with functional real life value adds that justify and strengthen the addictive aspects.

This would be fine if it was sustainable without any other issues like this but short term use, addiction and the struggle with realization that its not really helping more then its hurting and then trying to escape and get used to normal life is not worth the short time when things seem to be going well and better then before you started. Knowing that why plan to and up with this shit, long term its an obvious bad investment while seeming awesome in the short term. I would say that for short term performance enhancement with a clear end date could work well but you would need to be able to stop when te time came.

Im not sure about the pharma stuff. I dont agree with doc approved amp addiction and daily use but if they think its fine, they must be right i guess. Fortunately pharma companies are generally trust worthy and do have or best intentions at heart. This may be more consistent for this purpose though, who knows. Street amps are not though.

Appreciate all of the input so far.

Desoxyn literally should be viewed as a completely different drug, it certainly behaves as one.

Very interesting and informative post, tricomb.

So, basically I can only conclude that pure d-meth (Desoxyn) has high therapeutic value, but racemic meth (street meth) is almost entirely useless, ruined by the introduction of the levo- enantiomer?

Makes sense that desoxyn is going to be superior for therapeutic use -- d-amph is generally found to be superior to racemic amph for these purposes as well. But I don't think that the chemistry can explain it all. Think about dosage, for instance. Without a highly sensitive laboratory scale, you'd need to use liquid measurement to administer street meth in doses of exactly 5 milligrams. Even then, you have purity issues which make measurement difficult. Whereas Desoxyn is pressed into 5 milligram tablets. So, it's probably very easy to overshoot the therapeutic mark when attempting to use street meth, and land in the euphoric / recreational range instead.

Also, you say you've seen too many lives ruined over street meth. Well, imagine if street meth were chemically identical to Desoxyn - pure crystalline d-methamphetamine. Would that change? Arguably, lives would still be ruined - the difference is not entirely in the chemical, it's the fact that >99% of street meth users are chasing a high.

Appreciate all of the input so far. So, basically I can only conclude that pure d-meth (Desoxyn) has high therapeutic value, but racemic meth (street meth) is almost entirely useless, ruined by the introduction of the levo- enantiomer?

Could you clarify this with the street meth. What does this mean and is it accurate?

@OP, I like your critical thinking. The levo isomer is notorious for producing superfluous anxiety-producing and peripheral nervous system side effects, and you only find racemic meth when it's been made via P2P, which is not common in America, it's predominant in Europe where the precursors are easier to obtain, just like here in the USA, we have easy access to precursors for RP/I --> d-meth.

...The thing is, most meth in America made via Red Phosphorus / Iodine reduction using pseudoephedrine DOES yield "near pure" crystalline d-meth.... So street meth is trying to mimic the same legitimate prescription drug, Desoxyn that is QUALITY CONTROLLED, and PRECISELY DOSED in 5mg tablets, FDA APPROVED for legitimate use.

So I think that it's definitely more likely the latter of your theories, that it's not chemically different. Desoxyn contains pure quality controlled meth + pure quality controlled inactive ingredients, street meth contains variable quality with no controls, and if you don't know the purity of the product you're taking, then you can't accurately dose it, so like you said, it all comes down to HOW EASY IT IS to chase that high when the drug is NOT in the prescription form due to being pretty much clueless about how much meth you're ever taking. Like in littlepenguins case, she says she averages 0.2g/day of crystals.... That doesn't say anything about the % meth per units mass of crystal she's consuming. Although she could definitely argue that where there's a will there's a way to acquire a steady supply of ice that you know is from the same batch, one that you found to be of respectable concentration in your subjective experience....

ANYWAYS, all of that is wayyyyy tooo risky for most people who are simply trying to enhance their performance / attention / focus / metabolism, if you ask me. Also, we have not gotten into the scientific reasons why methamphetamine could have short and long-term potential health consequences. I hope to steer the discussion towards this for HR's sake, @OP, how do you intend to try and use methamphetamine therapeutically?

I really do not want to glorify the drug Desoxyn, I feel like in times past I have done so when comparing stimulants and in other threads of this nature, I just want to make it emphatically clear that I do not condone others using drugs, and that I clearly state that I am stating my subjective opinions/experiences, Yes, I think Desoxyn is therapeutically a miracle and has been a blessing for me, it's improved my quality of life, this is NOT universal and don't assume that you will react the same way I did. The reason I'm on desoxyn in the first place is because my unique body chemistry reacted horribly to standard stimulant therapy, and Desoxyn offered the pro's of amphetamines with minimal effects on my other health conditions, and without the side effects that made standard stimulant therapy (Adderall, etc) not an option for me.

You should interpret all posts with your own critical thinking as any logical person does when taking serious advice about serious subjects especially when there are health risks involved.

Ahh ok, so its not normal meth. I understood meth was superior and an example of perfection without any sneaky isomers tainting this factor. Good to know this is still accurate.

I hear pharma amps are designed to reduce abuse potential anyways (meaning make it shitty and less fun) and that's my they need to create new ones with new names when the ideal version already exists? What other reasons could the be beyond building in flaws to annoy us. Making a drug worse or less effective seems like a troubling new trend but it does lend validity to other evil deeds them hiding the cure for cancer to make more $ on treatment. Evil bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.