View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Fun things to do wile tripping

ERIKMOHIGAN

Greenlighter
Hi I'm somewhat new to the site so if a thread already exists on this topic point me in the right direction but i was just wondering what are some of your guys favorite things to do wile tripping :)

Well, you'll get lots of different stuff as there's there's such a diversity of opinions on this. My own view is that it depends to a great extent on what level of dose you intend to take. On a low dose you can pretty much do anything you would normally find "fun". As you ramp up the dose the concept of fun may take on a whole new meaning. Personally I don't subscribe to the fun aspect - I carefully prepare in respect of set and setting and just go where the trip takes me. Now that has always served me well and I've always felt that I've had a fabulous time. But the old favourites of music, sex and nature + a substantial dose (200+ mics) seem to work well for many people given the reports over the years. But many people play computer games, visit shopping malls, etc. You'll get some good suggestions I'm sure :)

Being in nature at a state park or similar is usually the best for me and most everyone I know. The outdoors is just amazing and the indoors can be stifling at the least sometimes. A big part of it is dose dependent, as EntheoDjinn said. Once you move into solid trip territory it really becomes just that, a trip in your mind, so that takes over and then there's no need for doing anything except being in your own body and head, and along with that dancing.

Most trips, for me, have been random... just where ever I happened to be. It has always been either fun or interesting. Only a couple of times I have tripped so hard I blacked out. It was fun standing about 10' from freight train tracks, in a curve where the train turned slightly away and the boxcars would rock and lean out in my direction as they rolled by. Along this sane line there is a train "bridge" over a small river. This train FLIES through this area. You can crawl up under the bridge and lay in the gravel looking up just a couple of ft (a meter) under the train as is roars past, just above. I alway wanted to do that but never had the chance and "the flow" has never taken me there while on acid. Watching an outdoor glassblowing furnace, like at Penland school in NC. Was really interesting. I could hear Hendrix playing in the woods behind me, of course it was just the sounds of the furnace and the woods. Walking at night in a pasture with horses is interesting but a bit unnerving because they are big and bejeweled!
J

I listen to music, talk deeply with friends, go out in nature, masturbate, have sex, smoke weed, drink alcohol, party, dance

Often I just lie on my bed while peaking and listen to music.

Did'nt Albert Hoffman get on his bike and go on a cycle about his area when he dropped acid for the first time ?
Sounds like not a bad idea like Autumn colours of yellow, brown, red, rust and a lil leafy green still left over from summer all around the place.

Listening to music, dancing, hanging out with friends, sitting and thinking, lying on the floor, exploring outdoors, running, hanging out with family, silly pranks, exploring a city, trails.

showers and baths are amazing.

Just sitting in a quiet dark room is also amazing.

walking over suspension bridges

Upper_Falls_in_Letchworth_2.jpg

I like to do some combination of these while I am tripping most of the time:

Being in nature
Having ridiculous/witty conversations
Having intense serious conversations
Listening to music
Playing music
Having sex or otherwise being physically intimate

On the occasion that I take a high dose with the intention of dissolving my ego, I either want to be lying down listening to music, or in nature hearing only the nature, in silence and solitude.

Actually it's a 'simple beam bridge' one post above, but on acid it wouldn't matter - it could look like a spongy, wavy, snake on stilts ;-)

Actually it's a 'simple beam bridge' one post above, but on acid it wouldn't matter - it could look like a spongy, wavy, snake on stilts ;-)

Yeah, I reckon that bridge would be pretty amazing on acid! Next time I'm in Scotland I may take a trip to the Forth Rail Bridge. It's amazing when straight anyway; a stunning piece of Victorian engineering. Only problem is getting there!

As for "fun" things, that would depend on many variables. If taking a high dose of something then it would tend to be at home with music. I live next to some woods so I can escape if need be, but I tend to need to know that my bed and familiar surroundings are there if things become tense.
At lower doses, I like to just walk and see where my feet take me.
It's also substance dependent (possibly taking liberties here as the substance wasn't specified in the title); something like metocin I will quite happily take at home (especially good for winter months as I find the tricks it plays with light to be wondrous) and just go with the flow.
For miprocin, I have to have a keyboard handy as I seem to just churn out endless reams of thoughts.

Thinking about it, there is a common theme: go with the flow. Something that may seem a good idea when you are straight may turn out to be dull and uninteresting when tripping. A simple towel could provide lots of interest whereas a so-called psychedelic artwork is boring. Psychedelics are, IMHO, about tapping into your own mind and therefore seeking out things that others may find interesting doesn't really work, simply because we are all so different.

Yeah things like getting sprayed with a hose on the mist setting and looking at fruit/plants/animals are weirdly amazing, you should try fighting with foam swords though it can be pretty awesome.

............Next time I'm in Scotland I may take a trip to the Forth Rail Bridge. It's amazing when straight anyway; a stunning piece of Victorian engineering. Only problem is getting there!
Well, give me a shout if you do come to Scotland - I live just 12 miles away from the Forth Rail Bridge and see it every Friday and Monday when I cross the Forth Road Bridge which is right beside it. There's another Road Bridge under construction right beside that too - the Road Bridge is past it's sell by date and will close next year to traffic except buses I believe and really only be for pedestrians and cyclists. The ol' Rail Bridge is still going strong though. As student I was in a party that walked out onto it - the trains passed within 2 feet of us - that was in the 70's and wouldn't be allowed now due to safety concerns.

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/%22forth+crossing%22?search_source=base_keyword

Well, give me a shout if you do come to Scotland - I live just 12 miles away from the Forth Rail Bridge and see it every Friday and Monday when I cross the Forth Road Bridge which is right beside it. There's another Road Bridge under construction right beside that too - the Road Bridge is past it's sell by date and will close next year to traffic except buses I believe and really only be for pedestrians and cyclists. The ol' Rail Bridge is still going strong though. As student I was in a party that walked out onto it - the trains passed within 2 feet of us - that was in the 70's and wouldn't be allowed now due to safety concerns.

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/%22forth+crossing%22?search_source=base_keyword

I visit Scotland several times a year for work; based over in Glasgow though!
I've walked the road bridge a few times, but of course the main reason for its existence is to get a great view of the rail bridge.

I love Scotland, and if things keep going down the current path in the UK would seriously consider moving there in the future.