• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Full Spectrum Poppy Alkaloid Extraction Tek

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Here’s a little gift to obtain a high potency extract that doesn’t require an A/B to obtain. Given to me by a friend but written in first person for ease of reading. If your an addict trying to maintain yourself, this isn’t the extraction TEK for you. It’s fairly time consuming..

You’ll need:

-Dried Poppy Pods (1lb used in sample TEK)
-distilled h20
-naptha (or other suitable solvent)
-distilled vinegar
-99+% methanol

1lb of dried pods is de-seeded and chopped up as finely as possible with a scissors. Placed in a non-reactive (Teflon or glass) pot and then a 50/50 water/vinegar solution is poured in just to the point of barely covering the material.

Set to the side at room temperature, stirring/shaking/agitating for 48 hours. The liquid will take on a brown amber color and smell of baked goods/opium. Decent liquid from material and then run it through a coffee filter. Don’t worry about getting all the liquid in the decant, and in fact it may be good to leave a tiny bit behind.

Place liquid in a glass pan for drying/condensing. Set aside in darker warmer place with fan running on it. I suggest buying a fan with heat settings for times when you want to increase the rate of evaporation.

Pour in fresh distilled water to pot/pod material and this time place on a hot plate with periodic heating at the lowest setting plus occasional agitation for 48 hours. By periodic hearing I mean any time you have free where you can casually check on it to ensure no boiling, just a nice hot steaming pot of goods. In the sample TEK heating was done about 1/3 of the time overall when referring to “occasional heating.”

Decant liquid while warm and filter same as before into the condensing tray. By this time enough should have condensed to make the next extraction fit.

Repeat two more times same as before with fresh distilled water. So 4 total extractions, first one 50/50 distilled vinegar/dh2o at room temp for 48 hours, the next 3 with dh2o with occasional heating for 48hrs each.

After each extraction the liquid condensing should be low enough for the next addition, if not speed up evaporation with a low heat setting on the fan (if you got it.)

Also note that filtration with the coffee filter will be slow going on the first extraction but will clear up and become easier on each subsequent extraction.

You now have your alkaloids in this condensing water/acetic acid solution. In the sample TEK the liquid was condensed down to about 1000ml.

It was then washed 3x with about 200ml naphtha each time in a seperatory funnel. With each wash there was a fatty looking interface that reduced in volume with each wash.

The water/alkaloid solution is saved while the naptha solvent washes and fatty interface are discarded.

Now so far this TEK has been pretty normal, if you dry the water solution out now you’ll be left with a good hunk of fairly crude extract.

Two bioassays were performed with the crude extract that is left at this stage. Roughly 1/3g was used each time, a minimal high/euphoria was felt but pretty light. That said my pain was managed well even at this light dose.

But if you want to have a much more pure extract, instead of letting the water/alkaloid solution completely dry...

Pour the now solvent washed water/alkaloid solution back into the condensing tray and condense it down until it starts to skin over on the top.

As soon as it begins skinning over, flood the solution with an equal amount of 99+% methanol. Immediately upon flooding a white/beige/gray precipitate will form. This is garbage and lots of it, the alkaloids will stay in the 50/50 water/methanol solution.

Now the tricky part, separating this shit. It seems the best way is to pour the whole shebang into a sep funnel and let sit overnight for all the precipitate to settle into the bottom of the funnel. The next morning the liquid was fairly easy to decant off.

Pour in fresh 50/50 dh2o/methanol into the sep funnel and wash this precipitate again by shaking around. Same as before let settle and decant. This was done 3x more times, so 5 extractions total.

The last two started to become cloudy in the sample TEK as it seemed the precipitate was beginning to redissolve into the 50/50 water/methanol solution.

The last 3 extractions were run through a coffee filter to catch some of the precipitate which did help but a little still did redissolve based on the cloudiness of the later extractions.

These extractions were poured into condensing tray and evaporated similar to how was done with the water extractions.

In the sample TEK these were then evaporated down to a highly potent caramel like extract. In fact to get it to dry it must be whipped frequently to allow it to better dry just like hardening up caramel.

More bioassays to come but so far an unknown but low dose caused a nod that I haven’t felt in a long time.

I wiped what I’d estimate is 30mg on my finger then licked it and tasted that familiar opi alkaloid taste. 5mins later a slight head pressure develops. 15min later a slight heart rate increase coupled with euphoria, slight sedation while simultaneously motivating. (Common effect for me on opiates.)

Zero pain felt from cancer despite obvious inflammation and swelling which should be hurting.

Later on.. Obvious opi effects but more sedating than I prefer. Feels different to any opi I’ve tried, more physical and rounded. Also effects my vision abir too. This dose is still a little on the lower side though.

A few hours later I took a stir rod that had a bit of extract on it, I made some tea and dissolved it into the tea. I could barely taste it in the drink. This really ramped up the high and a few hours later I was pretty out of it.

I then laid down and got into that nod mode where I felt nausea unless I closed my eyes. Unlike other opis there was still a sense of anxiety like “am I too high?” (Thebaine causing that?)

Fell asleep and slept like a rock til today.

—————————

Now there’s tons of room for improvement from the sample TEK. The naphtha washes could be doubled, and the methanol precipitation could be repeated again once the new extracts our condensed again to the point of skinning over. My guess is if these changes were implemented, the extract would be really damn pure.

That’s it for now.. Again this ain’t for those with a habit to maintain but if your like me and need a decently potent full spectrum extract to use then def consider this.

-GC

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for sharing your procedure.
In another post you omit the use of vinegar, and do the naphtha wash after the methanol step, unlike here...have you changed your mind, or maybe it doesn't matter?
I'm curious...why naphtha? What does it remove from the product? Can other hydrocarbons be employed for this task?

Best wishes...

Hello, thanks for sharing your procedure.
In another post you omit the use of vinegar, and do the naphtha wash after the methanol step, unlike here...have you changed your mind, or maybe it doesn't matter?
I'm curious...why naphtha? What does it remove from the product? Can other hydrocarbons be employed for this task?

Best wishes...

I believe what you had read was a later alteration of this TEK. Vinegar from my poor memory brings with it more Thebaine than water alone. As for the naphtha step, I can’t remember why I changed the order now unfortunately.

Naphtha was just the most available at the time and wasn’t used with any rhyme or reason. I’d feel comfortable saying other similar non-polar solvents would suffice. Toluene and xylene might even be better for the task thinking on it now.

One more thing I found, this was found kind of by accident. Heating the extract to 140-160C for 2hours, then let cool, chip up the carbonized mess and extract this into a minimal amount of water and filter it. A couple of other easy steps that I could further outline. Most of the tarry crap will burn up in this process and be insoluble but the morphine and related alkaloids will stay unscathed.

-GC

Sounds good except you forgot the part using methanol to precipitate out a lot of garbage. I mean your welcome to proceed however you’d like, just doing that final step seems to greatly reduce impurities.

You also want to at least lightly intermittently heat from the beginning to avoid mold forming which can happen quick. You could also reduce the amount extraction time, I now feel a bit less may be better to reduce impurities coming through. Possibly 3x at 48 each?

I wanna say without torching it, you’re looking at a 10-15x extract. (But I believe many tea preps leave a lot behind so keep that in mind when comparing.). After the heating it would reduce down to more like 50x.

I can’t say if an oven would work. This “accident” was done in a flask on hot plate. Honestly at this point don’t follow that last step, while I’m certain those temperatures won’t hurt the morphine it had other variables going on.

The extract before heating will be tarry, and afterwards it will be tarry just much much less so and much more potent. The extract before is very hard to manage with how it sticks everywhere, but after it’s much easier to divide and handle. The dosages described above for this TEK while felt were threshold in the “high” department it was mainly a well needed relief from pain. Not until I did the last step of heating did it feel strong enough for me personally.

I sent you a PM that explains things a bit more too.

-GC

Last edited: