• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fuckin Pathetic: NJ to Ban Smoking In Cars if Kids are Present

lacey k said:
Come back and post something when you are emotionally stable. its impossible to even take anything you say seriously. either be mature about it and discuss whats actually the issue here, or continue to repeat yourself getting nowhere, while STILL MISSING THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT of what everyone else is discussing.
How can you even tell if I am "emotionally stable" or not? It's the internet, and without facial expression and tone of voice your judgement is severely off.
And I did nothing but reply to what you said, so if I "missed the point" because I replied to you, then you missed the point as well.

lacey k said:
OK, that shit obviously went right over your head. i compared it to iraq because you stated that "A lot of people not liking something is a good reason for it to be illegal or put a stop to the practice." I brought up iraq because its a example of something that a lot of people dont like, but apparently that aint a good enough reason to stop the war, so why the hell should it be a good enough reason for something else.
Yes, and I told you that you shouldn't even compare the two. One is smoking, the other is a war. They should never be used in comparison unless you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

lacey k said:
If simply "Not liking" something is a legit reason to make a law against it, then that gotta apply to everything, not just things that YOU dont like personally.
If you would have put in enough intelligence to actually read my post, you would know that I said "smoking effects the health of the people around you", not simply because they don't like it.
lacey k said:
I dont even know where the hell in sweet christs name you came up with the idea that i was saying "If you are anti smoking, you support iraq"
It makes perfect sense unless, oh shit wait.[no insults]
lacey k said:
Which makes me suspect even more that you didnt do too good in highschool on the "What is the author implying?" part of your standardized testing.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
DarthMom said:
they why did YOU bring it up initially?

edit* i see, my apologies, i brought up the term occasional in regards to junk food. in that case, your post is kinda moot, there are cases where childrens diet is becoming something that is cause for removal from the home, though only in extreme cases at this point. i will leave the post instead of erasing.

Extreme cases, yes. I would agree if the same action were taken against extreme cases of smokers harming their children.

I dont smoke but I feel its wrong to completely "police "peoples habits.
If you dont want to be around smoke , go to a different restaurant or bar. Everyday that goes by in this country seems to lead to more "babysitting"
People know what smoking does , this is America & im tired of having my hand held by big bro. when I cross the street (because he determines what is right for ME)
If they didnt collect tax from cigs. , trust me , they would be illegal

Okay, Here's one for you. I am 16 and have parents/siblings that smoke. If I get in a car with one and find the smell/fumes of their smoking to be intrusive I know I am respected/confident enough to tell them to friggin put it out. I am at least physically big enough to say "Look I don't want you smoking in here, if you don't put it out I'm getting out the car," without fear of reprisal. So they could at least lower the age.

This is all hypothetical of course because I don't give a shit anyway. I smoke myself, windows down makes all the difference and I'm not American. Ha.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
How can you even tell if I am "emotionally stable" or not? It's the internet, and without facial expression and tone of voice your judgement is severely off.
And I did nothing but reply to what you said, so if I "missed the point" because I replied to you, then you missed the point as well.

LOL, no, i think it is safe to say that you missed the point. If i said something, and you missed the point, that dont mean that i missed the point.. It means your reading comprehension needs some work.

Now how can i tell if you are "emotionally stable" or not? First of all, see "Sarcasm" in the dictionary. Second, Maybe from the whole "I dont fucking want some dirty fucking goddamn smoker coughing up their filthy fucking smoke into my fucking goddamn air!!!!!!!!!!!" and shit along those lines that you were saying. whether or not you think so, talking like that shows anger. if you werent angry when you typed that, and you dont want people to think that you were, then dont type like that and then no one will think that youre heated.

Yes, and I told you that you shouldn't even compare the two. One is smoking, the other is a war. They should never be used in comparison unless you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Do you understand the concept of using "Analogies?" Analogies are a form of speech or writing that compares one thing to another thing, by drawing a parallel between them. It dont mean that they are the same thing. it is a way to examine and analyze something by comparing it to something that may or may not be similar, but its a way to give perspective on something.

Ill say it one more time, as simple as i can.

You: A large group of people not liking something is a good reason for it to be stopped. (You yourself stated this after i asked you if it was true. you said yes, its a good reason. ) If a large group of people dont like smoking, by your logic, it should be eliminated. My beef was with your completely flawed reasoning that general dislike=good enough reason to stop or illegalize something.

My point was that obviously this is NOT a legit reason, because there are many other things in this country that people dont like (Including the war in iraq) That are still going on. Why? Because "Not liking" it, aint a valid reason. Thats all i was saying. Thats it. nothing more. So, i dont know where the hell you get me saying "If you support anti-smoking, you support iraq" out of that. That dont make sense, and i would never say something like that, because its fucking STUPID. If you want to keep on reading your own bizarre meanings into shit after it been repeatedly explained to you, go ahead, but thats your deal.

You can substitute iraq with alcohol drinking, or homosexuality, or george bush, or anything you want. All these things are issues that many people dont like, and all of them are still goin strong. alcohol is still legal, homosexuality is still legal (As both of those things should be), george bush is still president regardless of his almost 70% disapproval rate. DO you need your hand held longer or does this spell it out enough for you, i think i said the same thing about 5 times here so hopefully it will start to dawn on you that whatever the hell you are gettin offended about has nothing to do with this and youre taking it out of context.

i never said iraq is related to smoking. It aint. I mentioned it because it was simply there as a COMPARISON. if you cant understand this now, after it been explained clearly three times, then that is also your problem.

If you would have put in enough intelligence to actually read my post, you would know that I said "smoking effects the health of the people around you", not simply because they don't like it.

Yea, LOL , except that you SAID , let me quote

A lot of people are really pissed off about smoking in general, and well congress doesn't ignore that so of course a law is going to come around some time taking away the rights of smoking.

I said this:
So, lemme get this straight.
A lot of people dont like smoking, thats your justification for it to be illegal.
Im lookin, and lookin, but i dont see nothing to back up your theory that a law banning smoking will come around, other than "Alot of people are really pissed off at smoking in general." do you think that is a good reason for legislature?

YOU said:
Yea people don't like to breathe in smoke when someone else around them is smoking.

So.....Yea....Nuff Sed on that one.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

My bad, maybe you didnt make it to highschool yet.

OK, In high school in the US, they give you the tests that give a paragraph, and then you have to read it, and then make a conclusion based on what the author was writing, and decide what the author was implying, without directly saying it. Its to see how good your ability to understand what you read is.. this is called "reading comprehension."

Judging by the way that you misunderstand and misinterpret pretty much everything everyone is saying about this, Im pretty sure you were the kid that read "Pollution is as much of a problem in todays society as the bubonic plague was in the dark ages" And under "What is the author saying about pollution?" you picked "You can get the bubonic plague from pollution." as the answer.

So far, everyone else been able to understand the arguement im making, and also been able to respond to it with more than the emotional maturity of a 14 year old, so im guessing the problem lies with you buddy.

Last edited:
I just see this as an unecessary rule that is going to turn in to another reason to pull people over and search for other crimes, and issue more citations. Shit, between the DUI checkpoints and the seatbelt checkpoints, and the cops standing at off-ramps to make sure inspections are valid, it's getting ridiculous. The last thing we need is to give cops another reason to stop and scrutinize us. This law doesn't seem like it will accomplish anything as far as making the lives of children safer/happier. I mean, if there's a parent out there that willing to drive around with the windows up with an infant in the back seat, that is probably the least of that kids worries. Imagine what the kid's diet is or what shape the home is in etc., etc. The law may sound good especially with all of the anti-smoking sentiment around these days, but if you really look at it, the law will not accomplish anything and is not worth the obvious hassles that it will cause. It's a cheap way for a politician to propose a populist bill that makes him/her look good but accomplishes nothing. There's laws that can be passed that could help the overall lives of children, but this doesn't seem to be one of them IMO.

I hope that the residences where school children live are periodically checked by a swat team to ensure no one is smoking in the same room as a child.

9mmCensor said:
I hope that the residences where school children live are periodically checked by a swat team to ensure no one is smoking in the same room as a child.

No man , they should have swat teams everywhere so no one can smoke outside in the same air as a child.

lacey k said:
So far, everyone else been able to understand the arguement im making, and also been able to respond to it with more than the emotional maturity of a 14 year old, so im guessing the problem lies with you buddy.

too long ; didn't read, except i saw this part. People have been able to understand your arguement? Why? Because they are on the same side of an issue as you? Of course they are going to agree with you.
Well I can't really reply to your supremely intelligent post without being warned by a mod again.

You won, I was wrong. The perfect points you made and the condescending remarks against me really made me see things your way. So I guess you win. Does it feel good?

I hope that you go up to someone in real life with your "I'm right, your wrong and stupid for not seeing things my way" attitude and get smacked in the jaw.

lacey k said:
A large group of people not liking something is a good reason for it to be stopped. (You yourself stated this after i asked you if it was true. you said yes, its a good reason. )
Wait a minute, you being all smart and all, I thought that you would have read that I justified this twice by saying "its not just because they dont like, its because it directly effects their health".

That doesn't really matter, thank you for enlightening me. I can clearly see that smokers should have the right to smoke wherever they want. May that be in a restaurant, in a car, even if there are kids present. The kids will just have to suffer for the choices we make, oh well, it's alot easier on your mind when you only care about yourself.
Oh wait, I think I'm missing the point. The point is the GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO GET RICH OFF THIS... but I don't get it, if you are so smart why didn't you read the article and see that it clearly says something like "all money made in fines will go to a stop smoking cessation program"? Oh well, the guy who wrote that must have just been lieng, after all you are a genius, no?

I really should have never argued with you, I can clearly see that you were right. It was like arguing with a child. After all, every single statement you made in your post could be countered by me if you would READ MY POSTS.
Here is a quote from the article, I posted it earlier but a mod deleted it. I guess it just proved you wrong too much.
The committee added an amendment proposed by Sen. Tom Kean Jr. that would devote the money from fines to state-funded smoking cessation programs.

I will not be replying to this thread again, so save your condescending remarks for the next person to oppose you.

Last edited:
No, people understood my arguement because it made sense, and you completely misunderstood it. Not everyone in this thread was on the same side yet they could still clearly understand what i said. you can take the cop-out route and say "OK OK Im wrong" and be sarcastic about it, but you are the one acting like a child here. You read thru all the other posts i made that were LONGER than the one before, so its hard to believe that you didnt read that last one cuz it was too long, but thats your loss, maybe if you did you would understand why the hell no one agreed with you and why you got warned.

it sure as fuck wasnt because they disagreed with you, its because you acted like a whiney child and didnt use anything to back up your point of view other than name calling and swearing.

youre hilarious. you write shit based off pure emotion, and call names like "bastard" " stupid prick" "fuckin idiot" "youre too fucking dumb" and all that, and then act like the whole reason anyone had a problem with you was cuz they disagreed with what you said...Not because your attitude sucks and you seem to have no ability to use rational thought, or because you attack people, or because you change the subject when youre wrong, or......

Look at the thread, there is plenty of people in here that support this law, and no one attacked them or had problems with them. see for yourself. All i ever did was speak my piece, supporting what i was sayin with legit, valid points, while you just whined and played the "No, YOU suck" game with your posts. youre a huge hypocrite and you not posting in the thread again will be a relief, cuz then people can discuss shit civilly , and not have to deal with a over emotional poster who aint contributing shit other than drama to the thread. Thank you.

Why not just have a flat rate traffic tax instead of 10,000 traffic laws?

Just have the police pull people over at random and fine them a flat rate of $100.

The Jersey government is dead fucking broke and will continue to extort money from citizens through any means necessary.

Jersey is the worst for traffic tickets I ever experienced, it is all most impossible to drive to the shore through Jersey without getting a ticket, and they especially target out of state motorists because they know they won't come all the way back to Jersey to fight the ticket.

^^LMAO, thats pretty true, everyone i know gets pulled over on the way there or the way back from the shore, its nutz. And yea the gov. is totally broke. and you KNOW that they aint putting that money towards smoking quitting programs, they just say that. Cha-ching.

scrooge.jpg

Somewhere there must be tax and fine collectors swimming in huge pits of gold and cash, like Scrooge McDuck, from Duck Tales.

Whenever they feel bad about screwing people, they just have a refreshing dip in the wealth pit.

lurkerguy said:
they know they won't come ... back to Jersey ...
Yeah once people make the mistake of going to Jersey once, they aint going back.

Nice to see you back.

There's a law now going through the approval process that would allow cops to stop anyone talking on the phone. Currently they could only ticket you for using your cell phone while driving if they stop you for a different violation.

Jersey's getting worse and worse... It might not even be worth it to go there for cheap liquor anymore.

Some bullshit-ass laws....But there is ways around them like anything else. i jus use my shit on speakerphone and let it sit on my lap while i drive and no one knows the difference.

Also as far as smokin goes, If they can ban smoking then there should be smoking-only places where you aint allowed in unless you smoke and all nonsmokers have to go outside and stand in the rain if they want to not smoke.

lacey k said:
Also as far as smokin goes, If they can ban smoking then there should be smoking-only places where you aint allowed in unless you smoke and all nonsmokers have to go outside and stand in the rain if they want to not smoke.

Lacey, I think that's a grand idea.
wink.gif

There are very few activities more dangerous for children than being confined in a car where someone is smoking

food processor
matches
knives
traffic
microwave
strangers
aliens
large predatory birds

Mind you, I absolutely hated it when my mother would smoke in our car when I was a child. It made me feel positively ill.