fuck me, i just want to get off the dope

Misfit Chick

Bluelighter
i have been a junkie for almost 20 years, iv drug use main problem, decided 5 days ago to get clean, one of my hundred attempts. my familily went to the streets to get me suboxone, which ive used before to get strait...i keep thinking about doing this shit iv, cant get it out of my head....i know im gonna try it, just want to do it safe...the addiction to the rig is just as bad....i know doing this shit mainline has to be bad, but i cant stop thinking about the shit...i really want to get fuckin clean, the drugs have taken everything from me, my soul has been sucked out.....heres a kicker...ive been clean 5 days, and i found an opanna 40 today in my house, must of lost the damn thing while i was high....well i shot it about an hour ago....here i am, jonzin...trying to decide wether or not to do subs....my head is not on tight...i dont even know what im asking...is it safe to shoot sub?

I dont understand how you've been clean for 5 days without w/d ? maybe 3-4 because of suboxone usage and its long half life? Still. Shooting the Opana could put you into a precipitated withdrawl state and HARD if you want that then be my guest. otherwise that opana probably has you higher than your sub dosage.

i wouldnt shoot sub, u can but i wouldnt...

u can do it...

coming from a ol' jersey dope fiend its possible... im not clean right now but its possible n u can ddo it!!!

Hey man sub will only do so much for you either way. Just snort it if you don't want to waste it by taking it under your tounge.

Sub is just about your LAST choice of tapering off opiates smoothly if you REALLY want to stop. You can abuse it but like I said:

1) Its not going to feel good/be worth it.
2) You should really just try to use the sub to taper with.

I'm from jersey too not a heroin fiend, was just taking any opiate I could basically over the course of 4 years. Everything except heroin.
That has got to be a very difficult beast for you to get off your back.

Remember, even the people you look up to in life had to start somewhere small & humble.

I highly recommend WHATEVER you do with the sub, just use it to taper. I know Captain Heroin shoots his sub, he's not what I'd call an "out of control"
addict and injects the smallest amount you could imagine.

So even if you did inject, I'm not sure things would neccessary spiral out of control, its just suboxone, you're not getting high off it imo.

Like I said though, suboxone as been an absolute TREAT in my life. I respect it, I respect the fact that w/out it I would be a much worse situation right now.
I have tapered down from 6mg to .5mg over the last 6-8 months roughly.

I STILL take my tapering slow, and it has been a breeze dropping my dose.

This is the part where I must take things that much slower, and I will continue to taper untill I'm off this crap.

-Bo

Shooting Suboxone is simply an extension of addictive behavior. Find a physician to prescribe it and use it as directed. www.suboxone.com for a doctor in your area.

Shooting Suboxone is simply an extension of addictive behavior. Find a physician to prescribe it and use it as directed. www.suboxone.com for a doctor in your area.

Do they still have the coupons online for the sublingual films? That's a good resource for those who can't afford subs very well. I got 5 months clean yesterday (no drugs, no subs) and it feels great. Just keep on sticking to the recovery process and you can make it. Don't use NO MATTER WHAT. P.S.- shooting subs blows from my experience, as Missykins said, it just reinforces the addictive behavior. As YOU said, you have the needle fixation (as did I) you need to break the mental correlation between mainlining something and feeling relief.

Do they still have the coupons online for the sublingual films? That's a good resource for those who can't afford subs very well. I got 5 months clean yesterday (no drugs, no subs) and it feels great. Just keep on sticking to the recovery process and you can make it. Don't use NO MATTER WHAT. P.S.- shooting subs blows from my experience, as Missykins said, it just reinforces the addictive behavior. As YOU said, you have the needle fixation (as did I) you need to break the mental correlation between mainlining something and feeling relief.

Misfit I did the same thing with methadone. It's that addiction to the rig that gets ridiculous. You will shoot whatever you can get into a needle. When you are an iv user it's twice as hard to get clean cause you have 2 addictions to beat. There is no easy way to get clean in my mind. I have never had the luxury of going to rehab or using suboxone to help me. I've gotten clean dozens of times, and each time I kicked cold turkey on my own. When I tried using methadone to quit, I just ended up shooting that too, which did me no good. If you REALLY honestly want to quit, you will find a way. You will have to suck it up and deal with feeling like shit for a while. You know this already. IMO, taking methadone or subs to quit opiates is a cop out. Trading one addiction for another. I understand all too well how bad it sucks to go through withdrawl, and believe me I would have killed my own grandma for a shot while in withdrawl, but I got through it. If I can do it, anyone can. You know what you have to do, and how to do it. Just have to get though the first few days and stay strong if it's really what you want.

well....i did iv 4mg of the sub, and i felt warm and kinda feverish, was not a good feeling..then i had my heart beating out of my chest from panic, i laid down, fell asleep, woke up 5 hours later feeling normal....go figure...dont think ill shoot the stuff again tho....

well....i did iv 4mg of the sub, and i felt warm and kinda feverish, was not a good feeling..then i had my heart beating out of my chest from panic, i laid down, fell asleep, woke up 5 hours later feeling normal....go figure...dont think ill shoot the stuff again tho....

You can't say you weren't warned.

I've gotten clean on and off many times, the thing is you have to give up your rate of administration as well (The Needle). Use the suboxone as prescribed (sublingually) or you won't quit. Simple as that. It caused me and MANY others to fail who haven't done it that way.

My recommendation on your sub intake (and yes some of it may be a bit much but you want to do heavy doses in the beginning so you don't get high and it deters you from using)

If you do 5 bags/day - Start with 1.25 subs a day, after a week go down to 1, after 2 weeks go down to .75, after 2 more weeks go down to .5, after 2 more weeks go down to .25, after 1 more week you can start weening off.

If you do 10 bags/day - Start with 2 subs a day, after a week go down to 1.75, after 2 weeks go down to 1.5, after 2 more weeks go down to 1.25, after 2 more weeks go down to 1, after 2 more weeks down to .75, 2 weeks then .5, 2 weeks then .25, after 1 more week you can start weening off.

It seems like it's long (which it is) but you have to understand getting clean takes mental preparation and willpower. I've gotten clean on suboxone as short as 1 week's time (actually 8 days) but it sucked and it hurt, trust me you don't want to do it that way. If you can afford a dope habit you can afford to do subs long term. Methadone is meant to be a year or more, so is suboxone. I can't safely say to cut down your suboxone usage to any shorter term than that, since your chances of slipping up and going back to heroin are going to be great as is.

I recommend you get on a long term program & clinic. If you are doing it on your own make sure your first 2 days you have nothing to do but stay inside, make sure the temperature is near 75 so you are neither hot nor cold.

AND PLEASE TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS:: Days 1 & 2 are rough. You will want to use. Spare yourself and DON'T. Days 3 & 4 are going to suck as well, but will be slightly better. Days 5 & 6 it eases up, and day 7 you will start feeling normal. I swear to you, everything in this last line is true and if you can make it to day 6 you have basically gotten yourself clean and just need to avoid temptation to use mentally.

Are you trying to make this a long term or short term thing?

Misfit--Opanas are a godsend, In a way I'm glad you found it just to feel it for a couple hours, but as for that suboxone, save that shit for when your really fiending on about day 4/5 and it will help for a small amount of time...and that's all we can ask for in the fuckin hell that is withdrawal, i guess. My friend, though I don't know you personally, best wishes.

Do they still have the coupons online for the sublingual films? That's a good resource for those who can't afford subs very well...Don't use NO MATTER WHAT...P.S.- shooting subs blows from my experience, as Missykins said, it just reinforces the addictive behavior. As YOU said, you have the needle fixation (as did I) you need to break the mental correlation between mainlining something and feeling relief.

They do have the coupons still.

Hey man, as I've only been a H-user for about a year I can't even begin to imagine what it is you're going through right now, all I can tell you is that you're not alone in this as I hope you realize. As I'm not a science buff I can't offer you any advice on what chemicals to use to make it easier or something, but still wanted to let you know I respect you for the awfully difficult decision you made.

Good luck, it's probably the steepest hill you'll ever climb in life, but I'm pretty sure the view's worth it!

i feel like a giant loaf of shit....i cant get off the couch, been stuck here for a couple of days, ive taken sub twice, it does not seem to help....have not shot it again, that was real dumb.....i find myself only being able to get up to use the bathroom, or to search thru jacket pockets, old purses, looking to find something to take this shit away....dont get me wrong i could easily call n have drugs dropped off or get my mom to enable me(terrible for a 39 yr old woman to still manipulte my family)....so i am trying do stay clean, but i still get up to search around ...its rediculous.

The "easiest" times getting clean for me were when I was locked up. Just knowing I wasn't getting out, and the fact there is NO possible way to get any opiates made it that much easier. It still sucked, believe me.. But Lying on your couch knowing dope is one call away makes it so much harder.

Use the suboxone as prescribed (sublingually) or you won't quit. Simple as that. It caused me and MANY others to fail who haven't done it that way.

My recommendation on your sub intake (and yes some of it may be a bit much but you want to do heavy doses in the beginning so you don't get high and it deters you from using)

I've gotten clean on suboxone as short as 1 week's time (actually 8 days) but it sucked and it hurt, trust me you don't want to do it that way. If you can afford a dope habit you can afford to do subs long term. Methadone is meant to be a year or more, so is suboxone. I can't safely say to cut down your suboxone usage to any shorter term than that, since your chances of slipping up and going back to heroin are going to be great as is.

AND PLEASE TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS:: Days 1 & 2 are rough. You will want to use. Spare yourself and DON'T. Days 3 & 4 are going to suck as well, but will be slightly better. Days 5 & 6 it eases up, and day 7 you will start feeling normal. I swear to you, everything in this last line is true and if you can make it to day 6 you have basically gotten yourself clean and just need to avoid temptation to use mentally.

Where did you hear that? I'm assuming from some doctor who only sees $$ and laps up everything the Suboxone rep tells him or her. Because that information is completely false. Suboxone CAN be used for a year or more, but it is NOT "meant" for that. Being on Subs for such a long time is only recommended for those who need it for long-term MAINTENANCE, and that is the minority rather than the majority. Suboxone works best when a relatively quick taper is done, generally between 2-3 weeks. The reason for this is that Suboxone is really only meant to buy you some time to get away from the lifestyle, find a hobby or job to fill the void, and to get you through the really rough beginning phase. It's JUST as addictive as any other opiate/opioid and the withdrawals last much longer. That's why professional detox centers will start weaning you off after the 2nd or 3rd day.

When I was in detox (May 9th - 13th), they started me on 4mg Subutex the first day and second day. The third day I was down to 2mg per day... and the last day, I took 1 mg. From there I went to rehab, and I stayed on 1mg for three days, then .5 the next three days before getting off completely. I had little to no withdrawals, I was so comfortable that it was a joke really, and in fact the comfort factor is the main reason I ended up relapsing. I thought, "Oh that wasn't so bad... I can do that again!" Hahaha WRONG. The withdrawals were only so comfortable then BECAUSE of my superfast taper... it made the withdrawals so comfortable that being in detox was almost like being on vacation at times.

After I relapsed, it was back to the Subs (Suboxone this time). Except I took a much larger daily dose and tapered much more slowly doing it on my own, so that when I finally jumped off at around 1 mg, I was in a world of UNBEARABLE (literally) pain. I kept myself on it for too long... long enough to get addicted to the Suboxone... and I ended up relapsing AGAIN just to get rid of the suffering... it was torture. I wish I was exaggerating, but no. My blood pressure spiked so sky high and the anxiety was so terrible that I was having very violent tremors and shaking, to the point I couldn't even pick up a glass of water at times. It was just really bad, I've never felt anxiety like that in my life, and believe me I've had more than my fair share of anxiety attacks! Everything else - the sleeplessness, fatigue, lack of appetite, the runs, dehydration, watery eyes and runny nose, constant yawning, the RLS, muscle and bone pain, the out of whack body temperature, even waking up drenched in a cold sweat (the one symptom I dread most) - all of that would have been SO bearable if it weren't for the horrible, horrible anxiety. It's something I never want to experience again. I actually refuse to get off of any type of opiate or opioid until I have a script for a muscle relaxant and benzo in my hand. Didn't even make it to the 36 hour mark before I caved. I truly felt I was going insane; I constantly just wanted to just scream, loud, and cry, and run a mile all at the same time. However I couldn't do any of that, God knows I tried, but the fatigue would win out every time. And so the anxiety would build and build until I quite literally felt I would either explode or go completely insane, whichever came first. It was, hands down, the most terrifying and physically traumatizing experience I have ever been through. And ALL because my dumb ass didn't want to taper more quickly.

And that, right there, is what you have to look forward to when you take Suboxone for longer than a couple of weeks, max. Some people do need it for maintenance. However, many people don't... but greedy doctors keep them on it for so long that, when the time comes, they can't get through the withdrawals. And the whole time they could have been just fine and made it through the worst of the withdrawals simply by using Suboxone for 1-2 weeks while doing a relatively quick taper. Obviously you should always do your own research, but a lot of the time people don't start doing that until they realize something is wrong... and by then of course it's too late. It's sad really. Just completely messed up and a picture perfect example of how corrupt the pharmaceutical industry has become.

Long story short... is it safe for long-term use? Sure. The withdrawals won't actually kill you, unless you have a pre-existing heart condition, but even then the risk of actual death is extremely rare. Is it recommended though? No way. And are the withdrawals more comfortable than what you started Subs for to begin with? HELL no, and they might even be worse in some cases, depending on your DOC. It's a slippery slope with Subs. Anyone considering ANY type of opioid replacement therapy - no matter how long or short the taper - should do a hell of a lot of their own research first, fully understand what they're getting themselves into, and have a tapering plan in place BEFORE they even THINK about putting that shit under their tongue. It isn't something you need to be on for a year or more... that actually doesn't even make any sort of sense medically speaking... :/

I don't mean to get on your case, it just bothers me when I see misinformation being spread like that. Like I said, it could very well be the reason someone is deterred from getting clean, or the reason they do "get clean" but end up with a (possibly) even worse addiction than they started out with. Anyone considering it should exercise extreme caution... Subs aren't something to fuck around with at all. And don't even get me started on methadone, OMG... that's an even worse drug than Suboxone to be on for a lengthy period of time! I don't know where you heard all this... but it's a very potent opioid with a VERY long half-life, and many people will attest to the fact that it's even harder to kick than heroin. Some clinics will even hospitalize you once you get down to the 30 mg mark, because medical supervision is crucial when quitting methadone... that's how bad the withdrawals are. It isn't called "liquid handcuffs" for nothing! I highly recommend to anyone considering methadone that they watch the documentary Methadonia before going forward with it... THEN decide...

Aside from that, you gave some pretty solid advice/insights, I'll give you that! :)

OP - you're probably through the very worst of it by now. I give you mad props for even making it to a couple of days, even if those days were spent on your couch! That takes A LOT of willpower and a ton of strength... it's better than I could ever do anyway... good for you. Hang in there, you've made it this far, you can do this!! :)

i feel like a giant loaf of shit....i cant get off the couch, been stuck here for a couple of days, ive taken sub twice, it does not seem to help....have not shot it again, that was real dumb.....i find myself only being able to get up to use the bathroom, or to search thru jacket pockets, old purses, looking to find something to take this shit away....dont get me wrong i could easily call n have drugs dropped off or get my mom to enable me(terrible for a 39 yr old woman to still manipulte my family)....so i am trying do stay clean, but i still get up to search around ...its rediculous.

Trust me I know, I fucked up and I am back on day 3 right now, pleas believe me it gets easier. I have done this now more than I can count on almost 2 hands. It sucks, I know it sucks, and I know it is no condolence that I am going through it as well miles away, but please believe me, it is only going to get easier.

I hope I have only helped, and good luck, you will feel better soon.

Long Post...

I didn't even bother reading this long post, I will read and respond tomorrow at work, I got through the first 10 words, scrolled down and realized I don't have time for it. I will respond tomorrow.

Honestly even when I got down to 0.25mgs (or less) of suboxone every other day (sometimes every other 3rd day) and you will still experience intense w/d's off of that....but its better then jumping off at 1 or 2mgs a day.. thats for sure.

Extremely long post....

I don't mean to get on your case, it just bothers me when I see misinformation being spread like that. Like I said, it could very well be the reason someone is deterred from getting clean, or the reason they do "get clean" but end up with a (possibly) even worse addiction than they started out with. Anyone considering it should exercise extreme caution... Subs aren't something to fuck around with at all. And don't even get me started on methadone, OMG... that's an even worse drug than Suboxone to be on for a lengthy period of time! I don't know where you heard all this... but it's a very potent opioid with a VERY long half-life, and many people will attest to the fact that it's even harder to kick than heroin. Some clinics will even hospitalize you once you get down to the 30 mg mark, because medical supervision is crucial when quitting methadone... that's how bad the withdrawals are. It isn't called "liquid handcuffs" for nothing! I highly recommend to anyone considering methadone that they watch the documentary Methadonia before going forward with it... THEN decide...

Now while I agree that suboxone tapers are best at 3 weeks or less (I prefer 2 weeks) the thing is, it's not true that's what it's meant for. You have to realize that treating the withdrawals DOES NOT help with getting clean from the addiction. I had a long post about this in another thread. Suboxone and Methadone both should be done for at least 6 months, regardless of how long it takes you to get clean of opiates.

When you do a quick taper (like I listed above) it's just a quick detox, it doesn't do anything for all your cravings. When you spend more time (Ie: A year or more) on suboxone or methadone it gets you out of the habit of getting your dope (or pills) and getting high. Quick detoxes are just that... a detox. After that point it is up to the addict to have the mental willpower to keep from buying more dope. That's why doctors don't prescribe you just a week or two or three worth. They aren't just after the money, you have to understand that you have to break an addicts daily routine. And that won't happen (or rarely happens) with just 3 weeks of suboxone use. I know I've relapsed every time so far.

You have to again realize detoxing and getting clean aren't the same thing. Anyone can detox, but it takes an extremely strong person to get clean (and stay that way)

Please keep in mind, I understand what you are saying, but you may want to think of why things are the way they are. It's not because of greedy doctors, or stupid patients, or trading one habit for another. It's about breaking the daily habit of going to cop drugs. It's about not wanting to go back. It's about having suboxone block your dope for a full year so even if you cave and use, you aren't getting much of anything anyway. It's about getting into a habit of normal life. I'm sorry but 2-3 weeks of suboxone use isn't for everyone, and if someone is having serious problems staying clean after detoxing 1 or 2 times, then yes they need a long term suboxone program. Again, detoxing is not getting clean.

Honestly even when I got down to 0.25mgs (or less) of suboxone every other day (sometimes every other 3rd day) and you will still experience intense w/d's off of that....but its better then jumping off at 1 or 2mgs a day.. thats for sure.

I've never had bad w/d's when I quit using at 1mg (which is 1/8th of a pill) .25 mgs is 1/24th of a pill. If you are still having bad w/d's from that then I think it is mental more than anything else. I doubt anyone would w/d off 1/24th of a pill unless they were at a higher dose somewhat recent to that (if they were taking 2mgs just a few days before and decided to quick taper down to maybe .5mgs or so)