• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

From Oxy to Morphine to Suboxone to Kratom

Momof4

Greenlighter
I've been through Hell and put my family through it as well trying to get my pain under control. The pain is a real and deafening roar and while I've had one bout of for real "no med" w/d, the pain emanating through my body during that is the memory that stays with me. The w/d was cakewalk in comparison to the pain I went through. Not that w/d was a great thing. Had I not been in pain, I'd probably remember the w/d more.
Anyway, here's the end: I have been a bit skeptical about this Kratom I keep hearing about, but nonetheless I have jumped in feet first and am getting my delivery of it today. I've been on opiates daily for nearly 8 years after attempting all natural treatment for my back pain except acupuncture treatments. As I said, 13 years and a permanent back problem. I was thrown from a vehicle at 65 mph. Only survivor, near death, in the ICU and coma as a result of the accident. I used to think "I'm lucky to have survived" but is it lucky to start pain management at 28yo and live in pain except when on organ damaging medicine? I went 6 years before noticing a daily interference from pain. I've only been on the opiates for 8 of the 13 years. Only because I couldn't afford it, acupuncture wasn't an option. This jump to Kratom is not by choice. I left my hubby of 17 years in the West and moved back to the country of the Mid-West where I grew up to provide the life they need and deserve. Dad used my pain medicine as a reason for his alcoholism and called me an addict 2 or 3 times a week to keep his alcohol. The only thing that's kept me down multiple times after moving is my pain. Now, doc won't refill the script (he did the 1st time I asked but not again) and I still am unemployed and uninsured.
Can this really be my salvation? I need people that have gone through this, not uninformed or textbook responses from those who've never dealt with this giving me garbage bags full of hypothetical reasoning.
I've gone without before and found that I don't "kick" like most people because I only cry out in pain rather than just wanting opiates. I don't care what stops the pain. I just want it to stop.
What am I up against and how do I know it's regular pain and w/d the Kratom can help me with and something that simply has to be dealt with? Can I expect good fortune coming down the mountain? Or should I expect to fall in the descent and nothing can be done for me? Like I said, please only people that have dealt with this, whether from H, oxy, methadone, subs and morphine since that's all equivalent to my medicine.

Use.
The.
Search.
Engine.

According to Google it took .0990988730398 seconds to find those links after entering "kratom opiate withdrawal blue light" into the search bar. They were the very first links provided at the top of the results. People don't like answering the same questions that get asked routinely day in and day out. It also takes up unnecessary space on the forums. Careful, you might just get your head taken off talking like that :).

Next time, I'll hit you with a UTSFE and not help you out learning how to Google.

truly though, I am rooting like hell for ya during your fight coming. stay vigilant and remember what you're doing it for! if you want it bad enough you can do it, I know you can. I am recovered horse rider myself. it won't be easy for you and it won't be a cakewalk. but, there are ways to make it easier for yourself.

Last edited:
Are you asking about using kratom as an aid to kick your opiotes? If so, I used it six months ago to attempt to kick a massive dilaudid addiction 90mg a day.

See this is difficult to explain, because for me, the mental aspect of withdrawal is far worse then the physical. Kratom does not help with the mental aspect at all. But for the physical! I felt it worked eerily well. I wasn't sick once, and a lot of other symptoms simply were not there. I waited for them to come but they never did. I took a tea spoon full every 5 hours during acute withdrawal. I didn't sleep a wink for 12 days, and went mentally phycotic. But physically I was pretty damn good for the amount of dope over been taking.

I'm about to start again...... Using kratom as any aid, as it works so well.

I'm sorry for a headache of a post. I had done many searches but my specific situation I was unable to find. Not too worried about getting my head taken "off" so to speak but I truly appreciate your frankness. That's the language I speak. I'm posting an update at the end of my first day on kratom for others. I hope it helps others.
Plus, I've never really been on the site and I had come across so many stories of people not continuing to take it for pain after withdrawal and that's what I needed to know also. Permanent pain relief. Thank you for rooting for me.

OK so are you already through acute withdrawal? Please help me understand your current situation.

I'm sorry for a headache of a post. I had done many searches but my specific situation I was unable to find. Not too worried about getting my head taken "off" so to speak but I truly appreciate your frankness. That's the language I speak. I'm posting an update at the end of my first day on kratom for others. I hope it helps others.
Plus, I've never really been on the site and I had come across so many stories of people not continuing to take it for pain after withdrawal and that's what I needed to know also. Permanent pain relief. Thank you for rooting for me.

Oh, it wasn't a headache. I've been guilty of not UTSE several times, you're golden. I just wanted to get to ya first before some codger came along and could've left a taste in your mouth that isn't in accordance with what Bluelight is about.

I get so stoked when people on here tackle their dependency head fuckin' on! I truly love checking everyday on posts like this to get updated on the progress, it gets me fired up when I read reports of people holding on and sticking to it! Ya gotta keep us posted. It's such a bummer when OP stops updating their progress.

Also, do not abandon the post if you relapse. If it happens there's no shame! It's a brutal fight, but don't feel like you'd be turned away or outcasted. We are right here with ya, you got the offense and the support here for you is your defense. Let's get it!

Whew, I am fucking amped now! Stay safe and vigilant.

I have successfully made the switch from pain meds to kratom for years now. I hope others discover kratom before it's too late.