• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

From klonopin to Ativan back to KPIN.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
My doc who graduated from Duke University in the 70's 50 year experience. I Said Klonopin which I was on 2 mg twice a day. I decided to change up the med. I chose Ativan cuz I had never been on it. Well that didn't work out too well. So I talked and pretty much said let's go back to klonopin. Trust me this doc knows his shit. He was there when benzo blew up. He told me there meant to be taken for the rest of your life. This docs nowadays only care about themselves. So he up'd the Klonopin back up to 2 MG 3 times a day. Some of yall will disagree he said klonopin by far is the strongest benzo since its long half life. really don't try to even take 6 MG a day but now I can ration by klonopin easy. I'm cutting down slowly cuz I know my shit I know how to wean properly but also they'll come in handy when I need then.Ativan sucked it did not even touch my anxiety. So there ya go. He's 80 yrs old But as sharp as a tack.

My doc who graduated from Duke University in the 70's 50 year experience. I Said Klonopin which I was on 2 mg twice a day. I decided to change up the med. I chose Ativan cuz I had never been on it. Well that didn't work out too well. So I talked and pretty much said let's go back to klonopin. Trust me this doc knows his shit. He was there when benzo blew up. He told me there meant to be taken for the rest of your life. This docs nowadays only care about themselves. So he up'd the Klonopin back up to 2 MG 3 times a day. Some of yall will disagree he said klonopin by far is the strongest benzo since its long half life. really don't try to even take 6 MG a day but now I can ration by klonopin easy. I'm cutting down slowly cuz I know my shit I know how to wean properly but also they'll come in handy when I need then.Ativan sucked it did not even touch my anxiety. So there ya go. He's 80 yrs old But as sharp as a tack.
If he's 80 you better start planning your next doctor now imho

F that. And yes I will preach cuz yall are butthurt cuz I do it the right way. Plus you must of nor read what I said. I ration it. Break em in half the break the half in half so I don't take 6 mg a day. Plus you go ahead and use your chemicals cuz I do it the right way. What have I done that is illegal? Prove it. I go to the doctor cuz I actually have a lot of trauma in my life which in turn causes me to have massive anxiety. The type you can't function. Oh well yall are thinking I'm abusing them. Nonsense.

I want off all my medications but I accepted along time ago that it Iis better to have somewhat I normal life then suffer all the time. Be raped by several men and you would be able to fit your feet in my shoes.

My old doc was 42 and passed away suddenly. Death doesn't respect no one. Were all a breath away from eternity.

F that. And yes I will preach cuz yall are butthurt cuz I do it the right way. Plus you must of nor read what I said. I ration it. Break em in half the break the half in half so I don't take 6 mg a day. Plus you go ahead and use your chemicals cuz I do it the right way. What have I done that is illegal? Prove it. I go to the doctor cuz I actually have a lot of trauma in my life which in turn causes me to have massive anxiety. The type you can't function. Oh well yall are thinking I'm abusing them. Nonsense.

I want off all my medications but I accepted along time ago that it Iis better to have somewhat I normal life then suffer all the time. Be raped by several men and you would be able to fit your feet in my shoes.
I've been on klonpin over 10 years. Like you i don't abuse but couldn't function without them. Some think we abuse them because they would.

Benzos have always been a love/hate relationship with me.

Ativan works quickly and is easily tolerated by me, but it wears off very quickly so I always have the urge to re-dose.

Klonopin takes longer to kick in and is much more subtle, but it tends to creep up on me and turn me into a stumbling mess.

I'm trying to get to a point where I don't need any, but I've been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks since I was 6 and I'm 52 now, so it'll be hard to do.

Best of luck,
DF