• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe From IV Fent to Subs

DCREDD

Greenlighter
I know to look thru threads etc, and have. But I'm looking for answers specific to my personal situation. First post but been reading on this site for years. Have been doing IV heroin for about 5 years and now IV Fent for past 6-9 months. I feel I have a "healthy" habit, as in fairly large. I used to go thru .5-gram heroin a day, just whatever I could afford that day. Now past 6-9 months been going through approx 2 tenths of fent a day, IV. I did my last shot of fent approx 2 hours ago, 6am. I plan for that to be my last shot. I have 2 Sub strips with ability to get more when needed/wanted. I plan to take a whole strip the 1st dose. Then half strip my 2nd and 3rd dose. Then I guess get another strip or two so I can take 1/4 strip 4th and 5th dose and 1/8 strip 6th and 7th dose, then be done. I do NOT want to take them longer than necessary. The only reason I want to take them is to ease up my w/d symptoms from the fent. I expect to still experience some discomfort at some point and for me, more than anything, mental discomfort. So, what do y'all think of my plan? I tried to give as much info that I could to help to understand my personal situation. I'm open to any suggestions etc to make my plan better and/or easier on me. Oh I also plan to take my 1st Sub dose whenever I feel absolutely horrible. I figured the longer I wait, the better the sub will work, knowing me and my w/D's, it'll probably be tmrw evening sometime. Probably 6pm-12am. That'd be 36-42 hrs since my last fent shot. Now I did have someone tell me to escape ANY withdrawal symptoms that I could go ahead and take like 1/4 strip this afternoon, like 6 hours after my last fent shot. But to me that doesn't sound right and I feel would throw me into major withdrawal. Thoughts on that?
So any help with my plan is welcomed! Thank you in advance!!!

This is something I’m still trying trying to figure out myself. After quite a bit of trial and error I found this works best for me (if it’s a long bender).

Last shot take a night and go to sleep. Sleep as much as I can during the day - take what I could to sleep as long as as I could. Keep hydrated during the brief wake up periods. If I can make it through the next night without taking any sub - awesome! Otherwise take between 2mg and 4mg that next night and go to bed. wake up whatever normal time (6am-8am) take 8mg and wait for the anxiety to wear off and a couple hours later take another 2-4mg. Around that time I usually feel okay.

I found that after 48hrs after last fent shot is when subs are usually the most effective.

this is what works for me, everyone is different and this has been through lots and lots of trial and error.

any ?s shoot me a PM.