• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos From Etizolam to Diclazepam

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
Would diclazepam work as a valium substitute for someone trying to taper off of etizolam using the substitution schedule as described in the ashton manual? I've been taking etizolam daily for over a year now, the last 5 months my intake has been anywhere from 7-10mgs through out the day. I've been trying to taper off of etiz by itself but the half life is just too damn short. I take part of my dose before I go to work and by the end of my shift I experience minor tremors and moderate rebound anxiety.

Yes I think so as well, it seems similar enough to diazepam. I don't feel that all benzo's with long halflife are equally useful to taper, but I am not quite sure why. I guess the balance between hypnotic, anxiolytic, etc effects.

Make sure you do a complete switch, mixing them is no good. Do you have experience with coming off benzo's? Good luck <3 , it's a bitch. But yare definitely recommended to stop.

Diazepam is chosen because it as around equal affinity to all 4 of the diazepam-sensitive sites so be it a nitrazepam habit or a clonazepam habit, diazepam will give equally effective results. As for diclazepam, it's got a very similar profile (the grab-bag of active metabolites. Etizolam was not considered by Dr. Ashton so I don't know. I presume Indian doctors have a method in place? Worth looking?

Wow, I didn't think anyone responded to this. Thanks for all the input:). I received my 300mgs of diclazepam and plan to use the 14 stage replacement schedule for coming off of 6mgs of alprazolam as described in the ashton manual. I will keep this updated for anyone else trying to come off of etizolam.

^^ thanks for updating I was just thinking about this very switch to taper
Yes I think so as well, it seems similar enough to diazepam. I don't feel that all benzo's with long halflife are equally useful to taper, but I am not quite sure why. I guess the balance between hypnotic, anxiolytic, etc effects.

Make sure you do a complete switch, mixing them is no good. Do you have experience with coming off benzo's? Good luck <3 , it's a bitch. But yare definitely recommended to stop.
why is it not good to mix.... I believe one popular taper guide I saw gave options of using both alprazolam and diazepam to taper. I think I saw ones including clonazepam and lorazepam too.

Do benzos fight each other based on binding affinity or anything? Or do they synergize, I've read both on here, including in the intro of the benzo mega in kokaino's posts. I've also heard they work somewhat like opiates in the way binding affinity comes into play quite a bit. Anyone have a clarification for this?

Last edited:
I'm doing the same thing OP. Schedule 7 though since I'm only on about 4 mg of etizolam. I wish you luck.

I thought I would drop in for a quick update. I'm happy to say that this transition has been completely painless. After a year of taking up to 10mgs of etiz a day I was able to switch to one 4mg dose of diclazepam before bed. I am now in the process of droping .25-.5mgs every week. So far so good! I highly recommend this stuff to anyone with an etizolam dependency who are unable to seek professional help.

Last edited:
Diclazepam helped stop the withdrawal when I ran out of clonazepam. It should help any benzo withdrawal really.

^Yeah, it's the long half life that makes it ideal for me. A single dose at night keeps me withdrawal free the following day, much better than taking etizolam several times through out the day and still spending a quarter of my waking hours in mild withdrawal. The only challenge now is mustering up the willpower to follow through with a proper taper.

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I am also currently using etiz, on it for about a month and a half now and really want to quit. I am hoping that diclazepam will be the way to go. I also have heard of Flubro, but I don't want to do this if I don't have to. I am scared and really upset that I got myself into this predicament. Maybe OHroxianne, if you see this, can you tell me how it went for you?

Anyone else have any advice on this method for taper and finally getting off completely? Thank you

Hi. I would not suggest diclazapam to taper from etizolam. You will just end up worse off . Luckily I just received the purest etizolam I've ever seem today from right here in states . Looks like gold glitter and tested over 99.7. It's seems two or 3 times better then an up I've ever had. Didn't make me sleepy, straight eurphoric. AMAZING STUFF. JUST stay off the diclazapam. If you really want to taper, pm me and I'll give you a fool proof method, even help you out with finding the purest supply posible.

Any chance a mod could delete that last post? I suppose it is an opinion, but it seems like they purposely spreading misinformation.

Hi All,

I've had a slow progression of usage of etizolam over the last two years - starting with it recreationally but now as an anti anxiety treatment for everyday life. I have now recognised this is something I need to start to manage. I've come into the line of thinking now that if I don't take it before I go to sleep I'll be anxious the next day. It's therefore meant I take it before I sleep the days that I have to work.

Unfortunately, the more research I've done, the more I think I have convinced myself of my tolerance and a need to sustain a steady intake to avoid withdrawal. I have certainly however noticed my tolerance is far higher than it used to be. It would be that I'd get a buzz the next morning but this seems to have gone.

I made a note of what I've been taking the past week and it's between 3-6mg before bed. 6mg is the highest I've taken non recreationally before bed. Prior to this week or two I don't think I've been taking it everyday without fail, but it will certainly be for a large fraction of the week - probably at most around the 4 mg mark when I do. I work 12 hour shifts in a people based job - I'm only in 3 days a week, but as I only started it about 3 months ago I wanted to make a confident introduction. This method is clearly unsustainable now due to the nature of how benzo's work.

Etizolam's short half life doesn't usually seem to heavily manifest itself in me feeling anxious later in the day, apparently I should already be going through withdrawal by this time. I don't usually feel like I need a dose in the evening anxiety-wise, but that said it's reliant on the social circumstances of the time. I think that maybe taking it before sleep makes me less aware of requirements to dose up and therefore I'm not focusing on it.

Anyway, I've recognised I need to sort this out now or it's going to become a serious issue. I'm making this post partially as a commitment to myself to start the process, partially to keep a record and hopefully if successful as a reference for others that find themselves in my boat. With their easy availability I know this is a situation a fair few people will have found themselves in. I'll be reposting here as I go along providing that's cool with the original poster - as I am planning to do the substitute to diclazepam and taper.

If anyone has any advice based on the background I've given you, I'd be very appreciative. I don't really know how to start a taper schedule - but I'll read up on it on the Ashton website.

I'm a bit concerned that by making a daily routine out of my usage I may develop a daily dependence where one wasn't already. I haven't tried a prolongued period of a few days off them for atleast like 3 months when I started my new job - and a festival filled summer means I'm not really sure where me and etizolam are standing together. The fact I'm making this post says a lot though I guess.

Oh ROXIanne - if you read this would you mind letting me know how you've got on yourself. Presumably, from your posts above you'd recommend using diclasepam? Suggestions of dosages and timescales would be very helpful.

Apologies for the essay, Cheers!

dicla has a much longer half life than diazepam, so I would prefer the original for the withdrawal. dicla remains in your body for eternity.

I'm reluctant to go the doctors so was thinking diclazepam because I can get it from online vendors, I think I'll be able to source diazepam anyway though. Presumably taking something regularly with a very long half life might create a more permenant issue than I actually have, considering etizolams half life? Assuming I used diazepam, at a guess if you can, how long do you think I should taper for - baring in mind background above?

Oh ROXIanne - if you read this would you mind letting me know how you've got on yourself. Presumably, from your posts above you'd recommend using diclasepam? Suggestions of dosages and timescales would be very helpful.
Apologies for the essay, Cheers!

I would definitely recommend diclazepam. I am afraid to suggest any time frames for your taper as you said you havent been taking it every day but either way the build up of diclaze in your system will stabilize you and make for a much more gentle time coming off. First off I would try taking the bare minimum dose of etiz to see where you are tolerance-wise. I would then switch to diclaze before bed which will carry over fighting w/ds well into the next day and just take the etiz strickly for emergencies. After over a year on 10mgs of etiz a day I tapered down to 6mgs and then replaced that with 6mgs of diclaze. I did a 6 month taper which is probably longer than needed but I also work long shifts at a stressful job and couldn't afford any time off.

Towards the end I ended up taking .5mgs of etiz on top of my .5mgs of dclaze which was a terrible idea but turned out ok. My last dose was the day after thanksgiving and honestly other than some rebound anxiety I was pretty much back to 100% after a week or so. It's worth noting that I consume about an ounce of kratom a day which I'm sure helped and I took phenibut before bed and work for the first 3 days.

Lastly, if you make a solution of diclazepam be sure to store in a GLASS container. I was stupid enough to keep mine in a hand sanitizer bottle for stealth reasons and it looks like a good portion of my dose absorbed into the plastic.

Thanks for getting back so quick, I'm gonna try out 2mg of etizolam before bed and switch up to diclasepam when I get some through. You said you mixed the two together at the end of your taper. Should I not mix the two during taper - like taking 1mg of each during switch?

I found Diclazepam to be better than Etizolam in an equipotent dose. Diazepam being better than both.

Good luck with your taper, hope it all carries on smoothly...