• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids From Dilaudid & MS Contin to Suboxone to Methadone

juke007

Greenlighter
Hi again folks,
I utterly lost at my pisspoor attempt to kick dilaudids and MS Contin by using black-market Kadian (XR morphine capsules @100mg.), simply ended up injecting those buggers too, 3-400 mg. per shot...instead of my original plan to injest them orally and taper over the space of a month or two, ffs. Anyway, not going to bitch and moan and pathetically beat myself up on the internetz nor in my personal life at home here.
January up to now went by in another fog, and I finally got up the nerve to go to the local, provinicially run public clinic in town (mid-sized city in the province of Québec here) and seek assistance. I wish I had found a source of methadone on the black-market, but to no avail, so now I'm in the provincial data base and have that "black mark" visible to all the stereotyping-judgemental doctors, nurses, and pharmacists.
The doc set me up on 16mg of suboxone, three days ago, day one I was approximately 16 hours into the withdrawal stage since the last dose of 56 mg of Dilaudid (16 x 4mg) when I had my first dose of 8mg. of suboxone sublingual tablets of which I was prescribed 4 - 2mg. tabs then another 4 take homes to injest over the space of the next 6 to 8 hours as prescribed. Well, I didn't feel a thing from the first dose, ended up talking all 4 of the rest about 4 hours after the first dose and still absolutely no relief. Continued into day 2 of now full-blown cold turkey symptoms, went back to the pharmacy to pick up the same dose for the day (24 hours later). Another 18 hours goes by into day 3 and still no noticeable relief. Today I was booked for a follow-up at the clinic, I described my last two days and requested we switch to methadone. I was asked how much I was taking the first and only other time I used methadone to quit (although this was being purchased from a "friend" illegally) and it was about 60mg. per day that got me through ten days and then I stopped with very minor withdrawal symptoms that went away after a couple of days and with the help of 30mg. tabs of codeine and tylenol. I was using fairly good street heroin from a steady source, still nothing compares to the pure, clean pharmaceuticuls that are hydromorphone, etc.
So, yeah, today I was prescribed 30mg. of methadone juice, took it and nothing, nada, sfa for relief, by then I was into the vomiting stage. Called my contact and picked up 80 - 4mg dilaudids to get me through the weekend and into the start of next week on a steady taper, also on friday the dosage from the pharmacy will be increased to 40mg. / day.
I don't understand why the f**k they don't start a prescription at a high dose (60mg. would have helped a great deal) when the cold turkey symptoms are at their worst, ffs. The doc also figures I'll be on this script for the next year or two...I laughed to myself a bit. I've cold turkeyed so many times over the last thirty years that I've got my own plan to taper once I get take homes in two weeks from now if they deem me a non-risk.
Anyone else have the same shit luck with suboxone?
Anyone else have the same experience where the doc prescribes a low dose at the start of a methadone or suboxone program??

Suboxone works for some people and me in the past when I was in college and forced to take it basically. I never liked it or the saran wrap around my brain feeling but it took my withdrawals except for extreme craving from Oc 80’s and any other oxycodone based pill. Dealers started charging way more for the green 80s and then the switched the formulation and that by chance when I was going to sub doctor. This last relapse i went to sub doctor and I just couldnt handle the feeling it gave me this time and no pain relief or anything. I went to methadone clinic and it worked a lot bettter for cravings and pain (once my dose got up to a decent level). Got into increasing my dose trying to get a buzz and i got up to 120ng and on difference was being sleepy as fuck all day. So im down to 70 mg now and body hurting but im gonna stay at 50-70 mg

I believe that subs help you stay out of the whole scene, while methadone keeps you in the same environment.