• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

frog sweat opioids

asecin

Bluelighter
i found a source for amazonian sticks containing what seems to be frog sweat and after figuring out what the hell that is, i found these things on wiki;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltorphin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltorphin_I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermorphin

ive heard of hallucinogenic frogs, but never of opioid frogs! now, those sticks are really expensive at 75$ a piece, so im not even sure i will bother UNLESS someone with knowledge on here provide some idea of those compounds i just posted. are they of interest for anything or what??

There's an Erowid experience vault for the frog preparation known as sapo.

I think the frog preparation is probably too broad spectrum to be considered an opioid alone, given that there's a bunch of other bioactive stuff described as residing in the venom/skin secretions.

As for the opioid peptides, they aren't seen in recreational/medical use because of problems getting them past the BBB (and preventing them from being destroyed by peptidases immediately). Otherwise we would see DAMGO, DADLE, etc and other endorphin/enkephalin peptides being abused IV.

Otherwise we would see DAMGO, DADLE, etc and other endorphin/enkephalin peptides being abused IV.

I'm still hoping something comes out of PTI-609; I wonder if its mechanism of action is like a short molecule, truncated / non-peptide DAMGO (I haven't educated myself closely as to their specific mechanisms to feign I could say they are such, downstream effect or not)

BTW, speaking of frogs, what is your avatar sek? An Armadillo or an Ant-Eater?

sekio where did you get this not BBB friendly. i read otherwise, "and on account of its unusually high blood-brain-barrier penetration rate" from the urls i pasted

considering its so obscure, not many tried it at least properly. from erowid, it seems people were doing all kinds of weird things with it but from the literature i read, in amazon people use it quite often as analgesic with no problems so its safe to assume it does pass the BBB and it does work

There are also a handful of vasoactive and intestinally active peptides in sapo.

This is NOT a drug of abuse or recreational use. But from what I have heard of it it does seem to have the potential for some reasonably long, intermediate-term benefits to the user.
I'd make sure to take a reasonable dose of a proton pump inhibitor and sufficient gaviscon to bring the stomach juices to a non-acidic PH, because you will vomit, and probably harder than you ever have in your existence believed to be physically possible.

And you will do it from both ends. Simultaneously, probably. I've read some accounts of sapo use under the supervision of a shaman well versed in its use, the guy told him after that he thought (and hoped) he was going to die.

Shaman's reply? 'perhaps you didn't get enough, then'=D

Just to check I'm thinking of the right frog, this is the ''dow-kietl'' of the Matses people, right? phyllomedusa bicolor?
The traditional way of use, is to inflict a burn, or series of burns with something like a bundle of twig fibers, or a cigarette.
And I'd make sure to fast beforehand, so there is nothing in your intestines that can come out when your intestines, try to become out-testines and you shit your britches otherwise. A disposable diaper might also be a worthwhile precaution.

Yes, yes they do, can you say you are in the least surprised?^=D
It isn't simply because its using an antidiarrheal drug to get off on, its the fact that it is actually toxic, in the 'poison' sense of the word. should it cross the BBB. Otherwise it would just be another opioid to try and get past the door, that otherwise wouldn't, or at least not very well. That said I'm not singling it loperamide, I have an even worse opinion of haloperidol. Although the following would apply to any opioid but especially to a peripherally selective one, there will be more thus present in the GI tract and more tolerance of those MORs situated in the gut. More tolerance. Worse withdrawal. Bigger fucking mess when it does.

Well there at least potental health benefits and a lack of potential or probable parkinsonian toxicity from sapo.

I don't see it becoming a street drug however. As at least personally, where my insides are concerned, thats just what I want them to stay. Inside, and for that matter, inside ME, not inside the house, not as decorative wall-hangings.
I'd give the stuff a try, although I'd want to subject the mixture 'as served' to electrophoresis and separate out the tachykinins and similar, because shitting until my eyes bleed isn't REALLY my cup of tea.

i wasnt really thinking of this becoming a drug to get high on, just looking at the chemistry and those molecules and wondering if there is any potential in future research to tweak them in various ways and create new substances that can have beneficial results in various ways, it seems quite interesting stuff looking at it but ive no clue of any way to turn them into anything special mostly because im not a biochemist but i do have a tingling sense it can be done

IMO either electrophoresis or running a column to stirp out the bombesins and tachykinins, the components of the dow kietl! skin secretions which are responsible for the nasty gastrointestinal side effects of sapo would at least be beneficial even if it didn't leave the extracted purified sapo as useful as it otherwise sounds.