• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Froehde Results Question

M

Magenta Toad

I have something purported to be MDMA. I have tested it with 3 reagent tests, Marquis, Folin, and Froehde. Marquis turns black right away (no purple that I can tell). The Folin test shows the slightly darker orange that is basically expected, but is difficult to really tell comparing to some other possible substances. Froehde quickly leads to a dark blue (traditional royal blue...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_blue). I have used Froehde on other samples and have gotten the expected dark green to black reaction. The dark blue color is unexpected. The color charts say 5-APB and 6-APB can be lighter purple colors and I have watched the BunkPolice video for 5-APB and the video shows a different color (think concord grape juice purple) than my sample. Anyone have any ideas what is going on with the Froehde test? Is that blue color alright?

It's hard to say, how recently prepared was your reagent?

The reagent was brand new. I did figure out the issue though...I was using to much material to see the color change from green/yellow to blue properly. I was using very little material before, but even less was appropriate.