Friends?

Bliss26

Bluelighter
Why are there friend requests? Can they see anything about me others can't? Are there any pros/cons? I don't get it.:?

Well, the benefit of adding friends to your contact list is that you have one page which will display the posters you particularly like for easy interacting. What's more is that you can change your settings so that only friends and moderators can PM you. Which is nice.

I think locking your PM's is counter productive on a site like this - so many people could read a post you have made and may have further questions on the subject or wish to speak to you in private about the matter.

The only benefit is having your regular contacts in one place (not that it makes much difference).

I think locking your PM's is counter productive on a site like this - so many people could read a post you have made and may have further questions on the subject or wish to speak to you in private about the matter.

The only benefit is having your regular contacts in one place (not that it makes much difference).

I agree, but having options is always better than having no options IMO.