• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Friend wants to try heroin..

HeroinMafiuh

Greenlighter
So my friend wants to try heroin and there in no talking her out of it so I figured I'd get her stuff that I know is heroin and monitor her she is going to shoot it be a use she shoots other things and knows its a waste otherwise. So my whole thing is what's the best way to dose her? I was just gonna give her a quarter of a ticket with a shit ton of water to dilute it is that reasonable? I'd really rather her not do it but she said either I get her some or someone else will.... I know that other person won't be there and I'm trying to make this as safe as possible.. I lost a girl I love to heroin Feb 16th while I was in rehab and don't want to lose another so any input on how I should go about with this would help.. Thanks and I think asking about doses is against rules but this is for harm reduction so hopefully its OK?

Maybe she is unstoppable but check your motive. Let this girl go off on her own. Many people are proud because they were the first to inject a person with heroin thereby sending that person to a life of hell on earth. I have been an addict since 1969 and always hate and remember the person who first shot me up. He is a loser, now dead, and anyone else who does this is a loser. Grow up. Get high yourself and ruin your life. Don't drag anyone down into your own hell. Michael.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, inject someone with heroin for their first time with the drug (unless they have experience shooting other opiates)

People who have been shooting for long periods of time, with extensive habits, have even been known to miscalculate a dose and end up with problems. And that's people with experience, I don't there's any way to safely eyeball a dose of street heroin for an opiate-naïve person. Is this individual opiate-naïve, by the way, or, if they are not, how much opiate experience do they have?

No expert on heroin, but read this and can't help but feel angry at your friend. She knows you lost a girl you love to it while in rehab and now wants to drag you into this. There isn't love in this act if you ask me, neither in her putting you in this position nor in you helping her shoot up. Tell her to use google, someones probably posted all this info here already in bluelight and let her take responsibility for her own actions. Tell her you'll be there for her if she wants to talk about what's troubling her.

you don't sound any older than 18, and if you are that should make things even worse. you're just gonna let your friend inject herself with heroin without any previous experience? not that it even makes a difference -- no one should do heroin, let alone inject it. people with years of experience with the drug die from accidental overdoses and here you have this little bitch "heroinmafiuh" and her friends shooting up dope actually thinking its cool. what a crazy fucking world we live in

Try to make sure she takes it some way like orally if she does. Explain the rush is non existent and only a relief of feeling like shit because the body is dependant on it and once IV is stated it's throwing away her life. Tell her if you help her she will only try it the one time to remove the temptation of wanting to know what it feels like and if she ever uses again you will never talk to her and hope she changes her mind and does not use it as it's no more special than morphine just more dangerous as it's only available unstandardized and one day she could do 0.03 only to OD on the same amount the day after due to varying potency as well as possible fentanyl cuts.

Tough love never helps especially on people who think of themselves as adults with the freedom to choose whatever they want. Just be there for her, but of course don't enable a habit you know will lead to an early grave. If you can help her to realize it's nothing special that can be helpful. Just understand that helping someone with their first dose of heroin is usually something that many consider to be an act that proves a lack of friendship, which while mostly true I don't believe always as it's about intention.

IF there is no way of stopping her from doing this and she is already an IV drug user, or at least has used drugs intravenously in the past, then perhaps it is best to have someone who knows what they are doing show her the ropes, starting with a quarter of a 'ticket' (I'm assuming you're referring to 1 east coast stamped bag, though i've had dealers in the west use the term too) is probably a good dose, but it's impossible to say because we don't know how good the heroin you're getting is. Assuming it's mediocre/average strength 1/4 bag should be safe. Some people are more sensitive than others though, I've had friends that did the same exact amount of dope that I did every day nod the fuck off of the same shit that wasn't making me blink. I've also had people OD off cotton shots in my presence, which brings me to my suggestion, and that is, give her a cotton shot. If its ECP, leave something in the spoon and just use a big cotton. If it's tar, there's usually always something left in the cooker no matter what. Do that first and see how she handles it, and if she must, she can work herself up from there.

I would also make sure that you warn her about how heroin is not like other hard drugs, regardless of whether she's used a needle in the past. Heroin's a drug that is more than likely going to not only ruin ones life but become ones life. Just tell her to be prepared to throw out all her hopes and dreams and God's because she'll likely have a new one called 'smack' that she'll serve faithfully and sacrifice everything for. Dope's not a game, it's a way of life, I'm not judging her, or anyone else for making that choice, I'm just putting out the warning because once I was in the thick of it, it was too late and I just stopped caring about anything else.

She might want to reconsider and just pop a few hydrocodones or something, she'll at least be postponing the process, plus why boost ones tolerance up so high when they can enjoy the climb to the top of the latter.

Maybe she is unstoppable but check your motive. Let this girl go off on her own. Many people are proud because they were the first to inject a person with heroin thereby sending that person to a life of hell on earth. I have been an addict since 1969 and always hate and remember the person who first shot me up. He is a loser, now dead, and anyone else who does this is a loser. Grow up. Get high yourself and ruin your life. Don't drag anyone down into your own hell. Michael.

This. Be careful and with all the strong dope and dope that's cut with fent nowadays you really are putting yourself and someone else in danger if you or they decide to use heroin. A LOT of people OD and die on heroin. Both the first time, and this can happen to experienced users as well. Stay safe.

It isn't ethical either decision you make, if we're talking about actuality here. You're concsious won't feel clean, especially if you administrate it yourself and then get her addicted. She needs to make her own decision. I've not used heroin, but opiates are insanely addictive. Hell, even pills are addictive. But heroin? Good luck. She needs to not use in the first place. There is no good reason to start. Especially if she's young, her decision making is shit. Connections are still being made in her brain and she's way more likely to make it a habit. Like someone said earlier, if she hasn't any experience with other opiates or hasn't built up tolerance she is likely to OD. Tell her to do her own fucking research, and make sure she minimizes risk with prep and all that jazz.

Tough calls here! Oh, by the way, you have my deepest condolences. I'm sorry for your loss, nobody should have to deal with shit like that.

Stay safe, Nix.

You are a fucking retarded individual and ignorant as fuck because you obviously didn't read my post

Thanks for one of the only positive responses... I tested the dope first to see quality with one east coast stamp bag ticket and dosed her with a little less than quarter of one with 50 units of water and she felt it I even tried convincing her not to right before doing that... But I ended up using 4 bags and turns out one of them was fentanyl and I overdosed in front of her.. So hopefully that made her not wanna do it... She saved my life tho thank you for your feedback and I didn't actually inject her she was a ketamine and dillly user occasionally so she's used to needles and I feel terrible about this entire situation absolutely fucking terrible and it doesn't help to hop on here and see an ignorant ass comment like "e92" because this post was all about harm reduction thanks

It isn't ethical either decision you make, if we're talking about actuality here. You're concsious won't feel clean, especially if you administrate it yourself and then get her addicted. She needs to make her own decision. I've not used heroin, but opiates are insanely addictive. Hell, even pills are addictive. But heroin? Good luck. She needs to not use in the first place. There is no good reason to start. Especially if she's young, her decision making is shit. Connections are still being made in her brain and she's way more likely to make it a habit. Like someone said earlier, if she hasn't any experience with other opiates or hasn't built up tolerance she is likely to OD. Tell her to do her own fucking research, and make sure she minimizes risk with prep and all that jazz.

Tough calls here! Oh, by the way, you have my deepest condolences. I'm sorry for your loss, nobody should have to deal with shit like that.

Stay safe, Nix.

this is just counter productive, I believe the OP wishes she wouldn't use, but the fact is that she is going to use heroin, so she might as well do it right, and this is what harm reduction is all about, it's choosing the lesser of two evils, it's realizing that the reality is that people will do what they are going to do, with or without your help, and you can choose to be a part of that or you can choose not to be. But looking at it again from an ethical perspective, what if the OP were to refuse to be there with this girl when she uses and she Overdoses, what if she then chose to use with some moron who told her, oh why don't you start off with three ticket (this was my experience the first time I shot up) and she overdoses, then I bet the OP would really feel guilty. If harm reduction were about telling people just not to do anything everyone would likely abandon this site as they could get the same answers from a twelve step program.

I wasn't directing that post to the OP, it was towards Nixiam.

I've had friends die because they got high by themselves. I wasn't trying to attack Nixiam either, its just that there seems to be quite a bit of posters that seem to think that 'just saying no' is going to solve the problem, I wouldn't say the majority, but a decent amount, and if I recall that was a slogan quite commonly used during the 80's and early 90's and it ended up with a lot of people dead and in overpopulated prisons.

I've had friends die because they got high by themselves. I wasn't trying to attack Nixiam either, its just that there seems to be quite a bit of posters that seem to think that 'just saying no' is going to solve the problem, I wouldn't say the majority, but a decent amount, and if I recall that was a slogan quite commonly used during the 80's and early 90's and it ended up with a lot of people dead and in overpopulated prisons.
I was just chiming in with my opinion, I wasn't really replying to you Z?

Nancy Reagan what a stupid bitch.... She was associated with government yet constantly talked about g-d.... Separation of church and state my ass.

I remember learning that an old friend of a friend used heroin. I asked her if i could have his number, and she said no. I said i'd give her $200, she thought about it and said she'd sleep on it because she couldn't afford the medical bills for her pet at the time. Next day comes around and she still said no.

Now I'm addicted to heroin, but the main thing is I understand where she's coming from kind of. I don't think I'd ever get a friend a heroin connect, but I have been known to set friends up with cocaine for their first time use under the condition that they do it in the safe environment of my home. But cocaine isn't as dangerous as heroin in my opinion. Now that I think about it I'm in the same boat...I don't know what I'd do of a friend asked me for some dope. I'd be torn between getting them stuff I know is heroin and letting them do it "safely" under supervision or refusing to sell to them...

Morally I'd say don't do it though. But who had morals these days?

I did tell her to make sure her friend minimizes the risk when she does it. You are correct however, saying no is counter productive. I meant the friend of the OP needed to do her research before shooting up, even if the OP were with her. And its true what I said, she need not use in the first place, but I didn't emphasize telling her not to use or say no. Just that she should make her own decision and smarten up before hand. I'm a fan of your posts by the way, Znegative. Sending love your way <3.