• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Friend uses too much..

I agree with Loch - if you set some good solid boundries - such as not discussing chems with this person - that will sort them out real fast.

If they are your mates, you will find something else to talk about... if not... then they are the ones walking away from it...

Update on my friend..

its about midnight on Sunday night/monday morning...

he is waiting in his car for his friend to get back from scoring some stuff..

he falls asleep on the side of the road in the car, when he wakes up two detectives are searching his vehicle. Luckily all he had was a bud of pot, an ice pipe, (if it had been last wknd he would have been in deep shit..)

The cops took him down to the police station, questioned him heaps, tried to get something substantial on him, his phone was stolen before that night anyway so they couldn't get that. He had a piece of paper with a list of stuff and prices etc that they were interested in.

anyway they followed him home, to make sure he wasn't lying about where he lived and they let him off with a 'Drug Diversion program' which he had to go in for this morning. Am thinking the cops are quite pissed off they could not get him for anything else lol

Anyway if this had happened to me it would have scared the living daylights out of me and certainly would have taught me a lesson...unfortunately this isn't the case with my mate - he has just realised he needs to be more careful but he'll still be doing everything he has been before...

So basically i think we have all given up on him. something more than what happened to him on sunday night will eventuate and that is probably when he'll stop - when its too late...so i guess all we can do is be there for him if he does decide to change his mind....

i can admit that i use to have a problem with taking xtc/speed/coke. i use to go out and feel wierd it i was straight and not normal. i would go places and feel so bored and in a shitty mood and taking drugs was the simple, cheap and fun way of having the best night of my life wed, thurs, fri, sat nights. and when i say cheap, its cheaper than alcohol. i still didnt think i had a prob cos everyone around me was doing it and oxford street isnt a place where ppl were zero tolarance. then i started to loose old friends who didnt get into the club/drug scene but i still didnt care cos i had made new friends. But then i sort of began to think what am i doing with my life. after every big night i would start getting angry at myself for taking drugs, and although it took ahwile to listen i started realising that i had to stop. the drugs were not as fun anymore. One thing that didnt help me was when ppl would try to tell me i was having too much, cos i was in denial n it just use to go in one ear out the other. i now hardly ever go into city (i guess you just grow out of it), i like the smaller clubs and i can go out and not take. i just think your friend can only really help himself cos he needs to realise he has a problem or a habit before he will really listen to anything said.
i hope this helps

one swallow doesn't make a summer!

Dr. Beat said:
why dont you go and do some research ?

because it is true that marijuana DOES down grade your seratonin receptors, especially the 5ht 2a receptors. Phase dancer put up a page just on this topic a few months ago.

Marijuana also lowers testosterone.

Marijuana smoked everyday also down grades dopamine receptors, and is why in my experience big dope smokers get less high on pills than non smokers.

Go to any rehab and watch how fucking angry hard core smokers are when they go cold turkey.

I work in a rehab and see the results of long term smoking.

It is not a harmless 'herb' even if the majority of people smoking dope everyday are in 'denial' about their drug problem.

In my opinion, only 'dopes' smoke 'dope'.

Have a nice day.

dunno how true that is champ!

maybe i'm in denial, like you say, but i lead a pretty happy successful life like most of my friends who are into the same.....smoking DOPE daily.

perhaps it's time to take the blinkers off and realise that you cannot generalise.

further, since you work in rehab......perhaps some of your clients had a latent mental problem which manifested itself by them smoking dope.

anyway.....alcohol and tobacco are far worse IMHO.

so.......go and blow your trumpet in that direction.

happy days.....:)

*edit* anybody who watches that wanker 'dr phil' has got fucken mental problems.......

I think you should sit down with the person and tell them exactly what they are doing to themself.

I went out hardcore for about 6 months. My friends never actually sat me down and told me I had a problem so I had to work it out myself. I still don't know if I actually would of listened to them but I'm sure that message would of been floating around inside my head and I think I would of cut back alot sooner. I very rarely take pills now.

My friends did say I was going out an awful lot but I didn't realise that that was bad I was having fun.

Especially if you can tell him of your experiences and how life is much better and stable now you don't fry every weekend.

Thanks for all your advice guys! Still don't know what to do about this situation. We are all still really worried about him. He has certainly pissed off a lot of people off this wknd with his arrogance as well all because of a deal gone wrong (long story)...he caused everyone around him to be in a bad mood because of it and turn against each other..just goes to show what drugs can do to people lol

Its actually made me incredibly over drugs and not wanting to touch anything or even see or hear about drugs for ages. Sorry about my negativity!!

hope everyone had a better wknd :)