• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids friend took dilauid last night for first time and got very sick, needs help today

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
My buddy took dilaudid (7mg) last night for the first time ever (he's experienced with oc) got very sick and thought he was going to die. Better today but still feeling horrible. Would it be a good idea to take a bit of morph or oc to take the edge off or would that only make things worse? He also has a scrip for clonazepam wondering if that would be a good or bad idea to take the edge off. Please help! Thanks

Do not have him take more drugs.

If he is still really bad take him to the hospital, or to get checked out by a medical professional. Good luck, and stay safe.

He's much better today, he's up walking around and even cooking food he just feels sick and a bit nauseous. I wanted him to wait for a reply here but he took his clonazepam anyway and says it helped to chill him out and he feels it wasn't a bad idea.

He obviously overdosed... If anything some herbal tea with a light amount of caffeine could be helpful along with ginger ale for nausea. Do not give him any more sedatives like opiates or benzos.

Well he already took the klon, seems to be the same he says hes glad he did. He says he never wants to do dilaudid again he was just experimenting with it and it obviously didn't go well. But he takes oc not just for recreation but for pain as well. He wants to know after an "overdose" like that how many days should he wait to do any opiates again?

He obviously overdosed... If anything some herbal tea with a light amount of caffeine could be helpful along with ginger ale for nausea. Do not give him any more sedatives like opiates or benzos.

It really doesn't help unless you make him absorb it through Narcan.

Edit: Narcan should only apply for specific cases when the person is dying.

Last edited:
It really doesn't help unless you make him absorb it through Narcan.
Don't narcan people unless they are going to die from the overdose.... Narcan is not something to take lightly. Only if you rub on their sternum (center of the chest) up and down with your knuckles applying pressure screaming "WAKE UP OR I WILL NARCAN YOU" should you narcan them. Some people shoot for nodding, but that is of course dangerous or else unfair to the person standing by making sure that they are ok. Seriously by now there is no way he is still in danger unless the klonopin does him in, which I doubt as he says he is feeling better and it is not like his friend is saying anything about this guy being non-responsive... If it is really a friend now that I think about it.

Caffeine is a very light stimulant and will help prevent someone from falling asleep while ginger ale as I said is very useful for someone nauseous and both are very easy for anyone to access vs. some perfect caffeine and whatever combo capsule for opiate overdose in the sense of discomfort... Not respiratory depression and death. Seriously I don't even understand your post... Absorb what through narcan? Narcan binds a much higher strength to the opiate receptors there by knocking off the opiates leaving them floating in the synapse where they can be broken down by MAO enzymes and whatnot so that when the narcan unbinds and metabolizes mostly in 30 minutes completely in an hour there should be a much less amount of opiates in the system. That's why they tell you not to shoot up more dope to get out of forced withdrawals due to narcan as it would be useless.... I remember a story someone told me of someone who had a fentanyl patch in their mouth, but the narcan person didn't know so just shot them up, lips went blue, shot them up again being ok for a second, and then lips going blue again around and around until they found the fentanyl patch in their mouth.

Seriously make sure you know what advice you are giving out before you do. This is a serious risk to ones health and the improper information could easily lead to death.

Ok can you guys stop saying that. He's obviously had a scare last night and didn't have anyone to take him to the hospital. But he's fine now, just feeling sick. We both have experience with drugs but not professionals when it comes to opiates. Just wondering if it was withdrawals or something that was making him feel sick today but apparently he's gonna be fine. Thanks