• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Friend passed

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
A friend of mine who we were close, many years ago, and even though we didnt hangout much anymore, we kept in contact, and had some intensity of friendship passed away

we used to hangout every day, we smoked weed a lot together, we did a lot of ecstacy together, weve been though a lot of intense times, living an intense lifestyle in our late teen and early twenties

he would write me on facebook, and I him, and although our life styles have changed, it really hurts he passed

Its been over a week and since he passed ive been pulling our memories i havent thought about and keep thinking about them and searching for more memories out of my subconcious. Sad thing is his brother died a week later

I was semi close to close with his family, they welcomed me, stayed over his house nights, talked with his parents quite a bit

maybe the ecstacy and drugs did seem to make our friendship deeper when we were hanging or maybe they didnt but this hurts and its a totally different world without him

I talked with him a year ago, went over his house, and talked a few hours, with his kids around, his wife, again its been 2000-2002 since we really were hanging out a lot like everyday , taking a vacation to florida and rolling a lot, so many stories, im so sad and many of our memories i only remember . One of our friends passed, another one still alive as far as I know, has been in and out of prison the past fifteen plus years and I dont want anything to do with, hes done some bad stuff

anyways , Im thankful for my health, roof over my head, great neighborhood, parents, girlfriend, job that I enjoy, and so much more so im thankful . It does hurt and we grew apart yet i feel intense about our friendship and intense memories , ive cried a few times over time, just walking alone, and its been a while since i cried, Im tearing up now, which makes me realize he mattered a lot

Last edited:
i am very sorry for your loss. its so weird when people in your own peer group die, as well as the sadness, for me at least, it brings your own mortality into focus.

I hope you can find peace within the terrible loss <3

I know it's something I struggle with a lot. Take care, we're here if you want to talk about it.