• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Friend drank codeine/prometh that expired in 2009....

NeedHelpASAP641

Greenlighter
He was throwing up like I've never heard a human throw up. And still feeling sick. Will this pass? Or do I need to bring him to the er? He's lying down now...

Codeine can cause nausea especially on an empty stomach. Perhaps your friend got sick because he drank too much of the syrup. It's possible that he could be allergic to codeine as well. If he hasn't improved by now, get him medical attention.

If he's done throwing up and seems fine now, then I'd say let him be. However, if he gets any worse, definitely get him some medical attention.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this fake hip hip drug, but how is promethazine even valuable recreationally?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this fake hip hip drug, but how is promethazine even valuable recreationally?

Well 1 it will potentiate the codiene also in his system.
2 it has antidepressant/ mood stabilizin qualities, which for some could be seen as recreational.
An 3 it's a sedative

Fake hip hop drug?
It's real
It's a drug
It gets you high?...

Not every one has to shoot raw cause they want to do opiates lol

I've shot heroin and still love to sip juug, it's different strokes for different folks yadigg

When opiods (like codeine) expire, they aren't more dangerous, just significantly less potent. He might have just done a high dose, but I'm thinking that the stuff in the syrup, like flavoring and all that, might've caused this. It would be like drinking a 20 year old bottle of juice. The worst that could probably happen is food poisoning. If it was caused by too high of a dose though, it could be more serious. It takes quite a bit of codeine to kill you, but promethazine overdose is somewhat common. 25 mg is about the limit on a 100% safe dose, but it usually won't kill you until at least 50 mg. If he took over 50, you should get him to the ER.

It's an enhancer. It's overhyped because of hip-hop culture, but it's still a valid drug to take with codeine. It potentiates most effects, decreases a few, makes you less lazy and more social, and makes you act dumber, so it's good to take during social events. Some people prefer it while alone too. No, it doesn't get you high by itself, but it has just as much value to mix with opiods as any other potentiater.

It's an enhancer. It's overhyped because of hip-hop culture, but it's still a valid drug to take with codeine. It potentiates most effects, decreases a few, makes you less lazy and more social, and makes you act dumber, so it's good to take during social events. Some people prefer it while alone too. No, it doesn't get you high by itself, but it has just as much value to mix with opiods as any other potentiater.

if it alters your mind state at all, it got you high..

Very biased opinions round heeeerrrrr