• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Friend and Benzo withdrawel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModerationMatters

Greenlighter
(Still cant post in any other categories)I know we're discouraged from using Terms like SWIM or my buddy but this is about my buddy, I was warned when you take Benxos the urge to redose is gonna happen and I gave in, I'm now out and have been experiencing a bit of anxiety and thats it, But my friend has been taking 6-8 Mg a day for a good two weeks and is out as well and she's been having panic attacks and extreme bouts of depression to the point she cries and cries, I know someone who's got a lorazapam script and im gonna give her them as she needs them to curb withdrawls, But i also know someone who's scripted an Antihistamine with anxiety relieving effects( Can come back with the name later). If i help ween her off with loraz and then start giving her the antihistimines for anxiety later on how do you think that'll go? Should i bother with the Antihistamines or just get more loraz and use that solely to ween her off? Her girlfriend and I are starting to worry more and more as the day progresses. Also even though though they're both benzos will an Addict still withdrawl from something that might be in Xanax but not Loraz?

Have her or you go to a hospital or check into a rehab. Benzo withdrawal is nothing to fool around with and people have died from attempting it themselves.

Last edited:
Yep benzo withdraw has put me into seizures, twice. But a rehab will ween her off with lorazepam so.... But a rehab would be best so she is monitored closely.

Still new to being a member of this site Priest so sorry if i replied twice, She's taken 1.5 mg of Loraz and feels better, Later I'm having her take the other 1.5 and after that if the withdrawls are the same or worse I'll take her to the Emergency Detox Center a few minutes from her pad, Thanks for the advice.

Have her or you go to a hospital or check into a rehab. Benzo withdrawal is nothing to fool around with and people have died from attempting it themselves.
^^

Attempting to withdraw from Benzos by yourself can be an unnecessarily harrowing experience. I've tired it several times.. One attempt, when I went cold turkey off a 20-40mg per day Xanax (Alprazolam) binge of a couple of months, after 4 years of, on off, on off, extremely high Benzo abuse (ridiculously high doses of various Benzos), I was admitted to hospital being diagnosed with Psychosis!

I can honestly say that was the worst week of my life.

after just a 2 week run, you can detox with alcohol as needed ime.

This is extremely dangerous advice and trading one drug/addiction for another. Stay safe.

Don't attempt to do benzo withdrawal or detox on your own, or without telling a doctor or better yet checking into a hospital or detox/rehab.

After just two weeks? Rebound anxiety should be expected. That's about it.

Granted 6-8mg of xanax a day is pretty hefty it's still only two weeks. Don't see why anyone should have to go to the ER or rehab.

There are people out there dying every day who coul use those rehab beds. I can't stand when people waste them.

Imo you need to figure out It your friend is just being a baby because she wants to keep partying Or what. If she's just trying to hold over til the next binge then whatever. But if she plans to use responsibly next script then give her some mercy lorazepam.

Worse comes to worse and she feels it necessary have her go to the ER. I'm not a doctor and can't tell anyone there wrong about how they feel But man unless you left something out I can't see much dependence happening after 2 weeks.

Of course there will be rebound anxiety. And if she had panic attacks before and got the xanax for them then she needs to learn to save some for emergencies. I know it's So tempting to redose but sometimes it takes a little pain to scare people into common sense. That's why I'm being a little harsh.

She's now been to the Detox and is told she'll be fine, They said to expect Psychological symptoms and possibly minor physical aches here and there, Also to watch closely and come back if they're worse than expected, She's gonna be getting 6 mg of loraz over the course of a few days, I also got back to the other person about the Antihistamine and it turns out to be Hydroxine K11s, Figure she'll have some of those after the Loraz is gone and then past that I have no control in this so we can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.