View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Freo’s Finest store opens in Richmond, selling fake urine to mask drug use

poledriver

Bluelighter
Freo’s Finest store opens in Richmond, selling fake urine to mask drug use

d43989c0a2e17da0fb4ad1ec0205c8a5

THE owner of a controversial store selling fake urine to help people cheat drug tests says he is providing a community service by helping people “not lose their jobs”.
Freo’s Finest, which sells everything from herbal highs, mouthwash to beat saliva drug tests and detox shampoo for follicle testing, opened up on Bridge Rd, Richmond, this week.
The store’s website — which markets itself as “Australia’s most controversial retail store” — also spruiks drug purity tests and spy cameras, trackers, hidden cameras and stash devices.
Owner Alex McLeod said fake urine was one of the store’s most popular items, guaranteed it “100 per cent works” and there was “nothing police could do about it” because the products were legal.

39034f47deef66abdbd8849a8c0c976b

Mr McLeod maintained selling the urine kits was to help people avoid losing their jobs.
“It quite simply helps you pass your drug test which is why it is so controversial,” Mr McLeod said.
“We’re also out there to help people not lose their jobs over one minor stuff up they might’ve done over the weekend; we want people staying in jobs.

HAVE YOUR SAY: Should these products be legal? Tell us below

“I don’t want people out there taking drugs, but if you’re going to go out and stuff up on the weekend, which a lot of people do, I don’t want that to jeopardise their families, and their career, over one little stuff up.”

He denied the drug test evasion kits sent the wrong message to those wanting to abuse drugs.
Bridge Road Traders Association president Herschel Landes declined to comment until he had visited the store.
Yarra Police inspector Dean McGowan said police had been advised the shop had opened and were making inquiries.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...o-mask-drug-use/story-fnkgdftz-1227583387744?

Sounds just like Julian in the latest "Trailer Park Boys" movie when he's selling clean piss and rubber dongs... "Just trying to help people not lose their jobs!"

Head shops in my neck of the woods sell synthetic urine

And to think I could have donated him indefinite amounts of the 100% organic-certified variety for free. The shelf life ain't too good though - maybe he's already tried the real stuff and noticed.

Anyways, I gotta say it's unsettling to know there's still a high number of these seemingly anti-social "think of the children!" cherrypickers out there who will anonymously alert the authorities [and at times the media as well] about venues that their delicate moral compasses begin going haywire in close proximity to. My advice for those of them who are parents would be to never forget thinking of their children [particularly their whereabouts] while they are busy yapping away to the dispatch doing their best impression of Kanye West.

As you say, there is a big diffence between impairment and testing positive to having used drugs...but i think it is just a lot simpler and less time consuming for employers to pay for drug testing than to conduct ongoing, potentially subjective impairment tests.
I would blame employers and employment culture above that of OHS bodies like worksafe.
And really, i think it comes down to the technology being readily available for fairly reliable urine screens and the like to be conducted.
I would like to think that if trade unions weren't so lacking in influence and membership, things wouldn't be like they are in terms of these kinds of employment conditions; but that is strictly hypothetical in the current climate of enterprise bargaining.

The thing that pisses me off is employment drug screens for people that aren't working in a dangerous environment, with machinery or anything harmful.
But i suppose the attitude is 'what's good for one is good for all' - especially in organisations that employ a wide range of workers.
I don't really know who you're ranting about, i don't see anyone here supporting mandatory drug testing of workers :?

Interesting...
Maybe you should start your own company offering these services to the nation's consciencious employers! :)

Thanks ro4eva, although I have no idea what your talking about. I just hope you weren't making any threats to children.

I was clarifying that I possibly could have provided him with a lot of real urine (hence 100% organic) for free (and I'd save me some money from not having to flush the toilet as frequently). Sarcasm and some dry humor, nothing more.

And the last thing I'd ever want to see happen to any child is any form of harm (especially my kids - Heaven forbid), particularly that which is deliberate and malicious (e.g. a pedophile).

Last edited:
Definitely something I've considered but am much too busy with Freos Finest atm. I've actually given the government a public ultimatum, that if all MP's agree to routine and random urinalysis then I will stop selling products to beat the tests.

When you look back in history at one of the worlds cruelest dictators (Adolph Hitler) and his gang of meth heads, you can clearly see that the biggest risk with drugs in the work place lies with the people in power. Even if your average blue collar worker did become crazy and homicidal with ruthless and massive ambitions of death and misery due to their meth use they would not have the power to even begin to carry out their evil ideas.

Where as if a leader of state had the same ideas they would probably gain much more traction with their plan.

It would be interesting to know who was using and who wasn't. It is one thing to create and enforce laws, it is completely another to abide by those laws.