• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Freezing or starving? Is it scary?

I read something today saying that it was the prefect storm of the pandemic + Brexit + Putin's invasion of Ukraine all happening in such a cluster fuck that this has caused the energy price issue to hit the UK particularly severely right now.

On top of that we have a continuing and ongoing complete vacuum of leadership as the conservative leadership race drags on for another week, and so nothing will even get said until that fucking bollocks is finished.

There has been no leadership for weeks while this ridiculous contest drags on.

Why cant they get their fingers out and realise that there are urgent matters that need attending to?

I read today that currently up to 50% of the UK's energy can potentially be generated by wind turbines. This technology generates power extremely cheaply, and far cheaper than the current price of gas.

So wouldn't you like to think that the producers of this windpower would now step in to sell it cheaply to help offset the currently crippling price of gas? Not a chance! Rather than do this they have instead opted to hike their prices so that they equal the current prices of gas! Thus sending their own profit margins through the roof.

And all this is completely legal.

What a fucked up world we live in. I have no more words.

The corporations are in league with the government and they are all lying to us. The energy companies are making billions more in profits than ever before. The only people that gain are the power companies, the shareholders and the rich elites. This will only get worse unless people protest this. Fortunately it's easier than ever, you don't even have to leave your living room at this stage.

How close will it get this winter? Will you be sat shivering too scared to turn the gas on?

Or will you just snigger to yourself as you sell another disabled french bulldog for £4500?

Just spend it all on food. Who needs to pay for heating when you have 650lbs of blubber to keep you warm?

Also, I once flat-out did not eat for 5 weeks. It's not that bad.

Like, fucking DUH I don't recommend it, but....like....I lived just fine (and I was very slim to begin with) and there were no lasting ill-effects.
Worst thing you have to deal with is Orthostatic Hypotension where you have to go from lying to sitting or sitting to standing v-e-r-r-y- s-l-o-o-o-w-w-l-y or you'll black out.
And if you're anything like me, you NEVER fucking remember.