• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Freezing cold after IVing Black Tar Heroin?

GlamourGhoul8835

Greenlighter
Twice now, months in between, about an hour or so after IVing a shot of black tar heroin, my boyfriend has expierenced extreme cold. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and may know what the cause is? It's not accompanied by any other symptoms. His body is acting as though he is in below freezing temperatures, outside in the snow, in nothing but boxers. Teeth uncontrollably chattering, moaning, shaking from the cold, freezing. It comes on pretty quickly, like I said about an hour after his shot. It lasts I'd say about 45 minutes (after piling on blankets and turning up the heater) and then he will fall asleep. A couple hours later it comes back. In order to help him, because he is in so much "pain" from freezing "to death" (quotations because it's not pain pain, and he's obviously not dying, but it seems like it's painful because he's so cold) I have to put a heating blanket over him and tuck it in, a heating pad over his core, another blanket tucked in, two comforters on top of that, winter boot socks, and a beanie. I've done a little research in the last hour, one article about Dirty Shots or Cotton fever touched on a freezing feeling, but he doesn't have the other laundry list of symptoms. He's not nauseous or vomiting. No fever, shortness of breath, sweating or cold chills (they aren't like normal cold chills) no headache or other flu like symptoms. This isn't a sweaty flu like chill. This is climbed My. Everest and forgot a jacket, cold. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is from heroin, or if I should be looking at other medical conditions that have nothing to due with our drug use.

We are regular users, we take about 3 shots a day, for the past 8 months. My boyfriend has used alot longer than that, several years longer than I. We're expierenced and know how to cook a shot, and filter it as best as we can. We use tightly rolled and pinched cotton pieces. We always check the solution, for debris, before pulling it into the syringe and make sure the shot is fully cooked, and everything is fully dissolved. We do not reuse or share needles. I only think this could be the heroin, because it's only happened twice, months apart, and both times it's been not very long after his shot. Also, I take shots with him. Same heroin, cooked the same way, at the same time. We just have two different spoons, two different syringes (obviously). I've never experienced this freezing feeling he has. He has no control over it, he can't take a deep breath and calm himself down and warm himself up like a person normally could. The only thing that helps is the blankets and a heater and waiting for it to pass. Any information you guys could give me would be amazing. Thank you!

I would be willing to be my money on an impurity, but it's going to be impossible to say.