• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Freebasing various opiates

Was wondering when this thread would come up PJ ;)

I'm curious.

lol carry on gentlemen.

I thought it would be more popular. But, i guess i’m not heavily junked out. I feel like I have to perfect my high... I love making shit easier to use as well.

I hate people who smoke acid salts of opiates... I FUCKING CRINGE...

I also love how on every other forum and this one, there are delinquent assholes trying to clown the idea of the possibility. And also.... state that they know nothing about simple ass chemistry and try to shit on dudes for their ignorance being redundant.

Nobody is smoking pills. So all of you who are saying anything about acetaminophen... If you do the CWE right, you will have negligibly negligible amounts.

The opiates in the poppy are in the freebase and meconic acid salt forms... You need to acidify the solution more than any lemon juice or vinegar will do... You need a strong acid. 10% hydrochloric acid solution to get the pH low enough to get the best extraction (more than 50% of the alkaloids.) Powder you pods as fine as possible.
I use a neutrabullet for easy extremely small particles.

After that its simply base the alkaloids out of solution just like if you had the pill extraction.

Note: This is not for small amounts. Anything that is going to yield less than half a gram or so is pointless to do.

Safety tip: Remember acid into water, not water into acid.... Shit can reactively splash...

Last edited:
I'm super interested in this. Could you share a detailed procedure that takes your pills to freebase to how you find it best to smoke them? Or is it not HR to tell us that?

Also you seem to have your CWE down very well...would also be interested in any tips or tricks you have about that because I have had shit luck with these.

The key is filtering.

You need a better quality filter. Using coffee filters is ok, but I use slow flow qualitative filters. They are way slower i must warn you, but they have really really small pores. You can even put the refrigerated mixture back into the freezer while it is filtering to keep the mixture as cold as possible.

Another thing to note is it is going to take multiple filters. Filter - cool - filter again - cool - filter again... This gives the most clean solution. There is no way to get it on one go.

The apap is out on the first go if you use a proper amount of water to do the extraction.

Too much water is a bad thing.

The less drug involved, the worse your outcome will be. This goes for the extraction as well as the freebasing.

You should do this when at least a gram of the drug in it’s pure form is going to be the outcome regardless of what drug it is.

I prefer the foil spoon method of smoking... it’s just as simple as it sounds... the handle of the spoon you made offers better control over the canoe method...

As far as freebasing, it is very simple, but uses caustic chemicals... read back in the thread.

10% janitorial ammonia is really all that is necessary after the solution is made from the filtered pills.

All you are doing is basifying an acid to make a drug in it’s free form... “Free-Base”

Drop by drop of the ammonia while swirling the mixture untill all reaction is ceased...

Then... filter it again... Dry the filter out under a lamp, not too close though... Scape you shit off of the filter and enjoy it chasing it on foil...

It works for a multitude of opiates.

If you want detailed experiences in smoking one i’ll be more than happy to share.

Would this work with buprenorphine? I can't imagine how vaporizing that would feel, however. 8(

Let's be real though; a CWE won't get every last bit of your pill. And to evap and smoke the pills, you're still burning various fillers and the hydrocodone is still in salt form-the majority of it will be destroyed. People on this forum know what an acid/base extraction is... right? I know, no synth talk, but I'm pretty sure this is allowed. You can convert baking soda, or sodium bicarb, into a much better IMO base to use (sodium carbonate) by simply putting it in the oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit for about an hour. While waiting, CWE as many times as possible, re-using the sludge. This gets the maximum hydrocodone from your pills, and don't waste your time with this if it's less then 10 5mg pills (For me, 50mg hydrocodone does nothing). Mix an ~equimolar amount of sodium carbonate and hydrocodone thoroughly, shaking them in some sort of jar with a cap for a good 10 minutes. Find an organic solvent, such as naphata (Zippo lighter fluid), hexane, heptane.. And mix this in. To avoid.. well I can't remember the word right now but a thin layer of bubbles between the organic solvent and the hydrocodone mixture... Flip over the mixture slowly so that the now freebase hydrocodone mixes in with the solvent. Do this as many times as you're willing to endure (I do it for 20 minutes) and then, in a manner similar to a seperatory funnel, strain the unwanted gunk (the original hydro/sodium carbonate) out and keep the organic solvent layer. Try poking a hole in the top of your jar and using a rod that fits in the hole to slowly strain it; don't use a bag. The solvent could dissolve bits of the bag. Now, finally, evaporate the solvent (Wouldn't it be glorious if we all had chem vents?) outside or lightly using a blowdryer, whatever. Tah dah mothafuckers, you have a freebase opiate from the acetaminophen-filled pills you once had. this works wonders with the OTC codeine tabs you get in canada and such. Freebase freely, friends, or plug it or even shoot it (Make sure it's completely evaporated) as this is as pure as it's gonna get with home supplies.
Have fun and be safe, whores :)

people in my area smoke oxycontins off tinfoil and fentanyl gel on foil....i laugh when i see them pay hundreds for one patch and all feignishly trying to smoke it.. i never got any effect from smoking fentanyl off of foil, or oxycontin, its a waste!!!!!...why not just crush the pill, mix with water, and slowly heat it up till it vaporizes!?!?!!?!? fuck a lighter and foil if ur gonna smoke to begin with, all novices know smoking pills is childs game

people in my area smoke oxycontins off tinfoil and fentanyl gel on foil....i laugh when i see them pay hundreds for one patch and all feignishly trying to smoke it.. i never got any effect from smoking fentanyl off of foil, or oxycontin, its a waste!!!!!...why not just crush the pill, mix with water, and slowly heat it up till it vaporizes!?!?!!?!? fuck a lighter and foil if ur gonna smoke to begin with, all novices know smoking pills is childs game

First and foremost, all that filler needs to be removed.

Secondly, the chemical in question needs to be freebased. The boiling point of nearly all opiate salts are way to high and just get destroyed.

Third, people who think smoking opiates is a child's game finally do it correctly, they overdose... This simply was because now they aren’t destroying the opiate like they were.

All the pros use foil because it will have virtually no thickness change from batch to batch, and it dissipates heat faster than any oil pipe can... Leading to a better control of vaporization.

Think about it. Freebases are stronger than mostly all of the salts of the same drug. You actually use less freebase orally than you would most salt forms.

I'm thinking about trying this tonight or tomorrow...I'll have 300+mg of hydrocodone, but I don't know if I should try to do it all at once in case I mess it up somehow. I never had a ton of luck with doing CWE but I figure with the pills I'm getting I don't have much choice. And if I'm gonna. Do a CWE I'd love to be able to do this.

I wish you could write a detailed step by step how-to method (ideally with pictures ;) ) but I don't know if that's considered HR or not. I was a chem major once upon a time so I've done real labs and such so I feel I should be able to do this but I'm also more worried about fucking up my drugs than my a.chem lab grade.

If you CWE 200mg of hydrocodone, it will be pretty small when you do your freebasing.

I highly recommend a gram and up of the chems you want to freebase.

If you want detailed experiences in smoking one i’ll be more than happy to share.

I would like to hear some experiences freebasing less..'smoked' things, such as hydrocodone. I've seen things such as fent, heroin and even the old OC's smoked, but I always assumed for all the work and the high itself, you would be better off selling your massive amounts of hydro's for something already in a more smokable form (BTH?)

using a non-polar solvent and sep-funnel seems superior to filtering precipitate out of lye or ammonia-filled water to me, especially if you are doing this with small quantities. You could absolutely capture a couple hundred milligrams of base if you are using a non-polar solvent that will dissolve the base as it it crashing out of the aqueous solution. Then you don't have to worry about your product being caught in the fibers of the filter paper, if any of the particles of your product are tiny enough to get through the filter paper, or of your product having residue of the base you used on it. Also, some alkaloids do have a little bit of water solubility in their base form, so a non-polar solvent will pull out any of the free base that might otherwise be lagging in the aqueous solution. The only thing you have to worry about if you use this method correctly is scraping it all up of your evaporation dish!
I've never done this with pills, just tar. The average yield is about a third by weight (which I believe represents capturing well over 90% of the alkaloids) and that 350mg of base will get you about as far as 3g of tar would if you are vaping it. Like someone said earlier, you can get far more our of a hit than even remotely possible smoking the salt. Overdosing from vaping the base is a very real possibility if you aren't careful and don't have a tolerance. A pookie works great. (I just don't think tar heroin is that great of a drug ~ the ratio of euphoria to digestive system paralysis is lame, and often the high feels like a lot of sleepiness.) It would be neat (but dangerous) to try this with hydromorphone!

TEST ANYTHING THAT'S NOT FROM A PHARMACY FOR FENTANYL.
And thanks to the avalanche of frivolous lawsuits that have led to the "Global Opioid Settlement", tar and fent is all anybody in the USA is going to be left with. They have done a really bad thing to this country. We were way better off when the problem was overprescribing oxycodone.