• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Freebasing various opiates

Psychedelic Jay

Bluelighter
Is there any opiate that does not apply to the morphine/heroin of smoking?

I ask this because there are opiates of different classes of structure.

I know I can vaporize most natural and semi-synthetic opiates/opiods....

Any pointers in the right direction?

The only opiates I know of are tar heroin and fentanyl taken out of a gel-pouch style patch. Which other ones are you referring too?

Are you asking if you can convert say Oxycodone salt to oxycodone base in hopes of smoking it?

i enjoy smokin roxi30s preferably the blues since they seem to smoke the best on tinfoil.

do you mean like putting an opiate in a vaporizer (that you would smoke weed out of) and trying to get the same results as what happens to weed?

because I've often wondered that myself but never wanted to be the guinea pig to try it out on my own because this shit doesnt fall out of the sky into your lap you know?

^no I think he is wondering whether you can change the salt form of certain opiates/opioids and turn them into a freebase (like crack cocaine) to make them better suited for smoking.

oh, yeah idk man you'd figure the people in the hood would have been doing it by now if it was feasible for the average person to do.

I'm no chemist but maybe in a high-tech lab somewhere it would be possible

Well, it's also just that something doesn't necessarily need to be in freebase form to smoke it-for example methamphetamine, MDPV, Black Tar Heroin etc... Some drugs though can't be smoked properly in a certain form or they'll be mostly destroyed (like cocaine Hcl) and need to be made into a freebase.

There's also a misinterpretation That some people think 'freebasing' is the act of smoking ANY drug off of tinfoil or in a crack pipe which isn't true.

oh, yeah idk man you'd figure the people in the hood would have been doing it by now if it was feasible for the average person to do.

I'm no chemist but maybe in a high-tech lab somewhere it would be possible

I once saw a video of cocaine hydrochloride being converted into freebase cocaine using Arm & Hammer brand sodium bicarbonate and a really high tech kitchen stove setup. :p

But seriously, I believe converting #4 heroin HCl into #3 heroin freebase would be as easy as making crack. Just put it in solution, add a base to get to the right pH (around 9 I think), react a while and then filter out the freebase precipitate. However, I don't do that sort of thing and I don't have direct knowledge from anyone who has. It would be interesting to hear more about it from someone with experience or chemistry training.

I think what the OP wanted to know was whether there are any opiates that can't be smoked (vaporized really). That would depend on what form they're in. The problem with smoking salts is that they burn and vaporize at similar temperatures, so it's hard to smoke (vaporize) them without destroying them thru combustion. That's why smoking cocaine HCl is largely a waste. There may be some opiates that burn rather than vaporize no matter what form they're in so I think that's the real question here.

That's what im trying to say though, if it were easily done I think it would have been common knowledge by now like how crack is made (well it might not be that common knowledge lol, but you know what I mean)

What I am asking is if there is any opiate that is destroyed into a worthless material? Or anything with harmful effects...

I freebase hydrocodone, heroin, poppy alkaloids from strong poppy tea, oxycodone, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone...

They all turned out pretty well. Decent quantities are necessary cause you cant really visualize anything under 100 mg or so.

^
Turning it into freebase is often not enough. Heroin base is mixed with 1/3 to 1/2 of caffeine (which has a higher melting point) to make it burn less easily ( and run better on the foil). This might be useful information for you.

^
Turning it into freebase is often not enough. Heroin base is mixed with 1/3 to 1/2 of caffeine (which has a higher melting point) to make it burn less easily ( and run better on the foil). This might be useful information for you.

This is true for novices. I for one always settle pure shit out of solution. Caffeine smoke is acrid.... LMAO. I never buy anything freebased.
it just too shitty to smoke like that for me.

But, i always use a stationary flame and both of my hands are free to hold the straw and foil with the heroin. Only when you mess up should there really be anything on the foil left over. If you do it right, the shit will indeed fizzle into a nice white cloud and nothing on the foil.

This is true for novices. I for one always settle pure shit out of solution. Caffeine smoke is acrid.... LMAO. I never buy anything freebased.
it just too shitty to smoke like that for me.

But, i always use a stationary flame and both of my hands are free to hold the straw and foil with the heroin. Only when you mess up should there really be anything on the foil left over. If you do it right, the shit will indeed fizzle into a nice white cloud and nothing on the foil.

I agree with you about the caffeine. Needing to add caffeine to a substance in order to vaporize it properly seems like a sign that the vaporization technique or form of the drug should be adjusted, rather than ruining it with an adulterant.

assuming the product is clean, why not use an "oil burner" like people use for DMT and meth? That just seems easier and the only reason I can think of not to use it is if the stuff being vaporized is so full of contaminants that it would fill the oil burner with charred garbage after a couple uses. Like I said, I don't work with these substances but I've gotten very curious lately and you seem to have real-world experience so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I was also wondering what chemical(s) you use to free base molecules. There's an A/B procedure on Erowid for cleaning heroin that uses household ammonia for the salt to freebase conversion.

From that procedure it looks like what you're doing would be pretty simple. For example:
-dissolve the opiate in water
-discard insolubles
-add household ammonia dropwise until precipitation ceases
-separate and dry precipitate

The mechanics of the last step seem the hardest, unless you simply be patient and dry the solution. I don't think you could dry it in an oven due to the low boiling points of freebase opiates but maybe the ability to dry it under vacuum would justify the expense of a vacuum aspirator and a flask with a vacuum port.

mmmmm... mad science! :)

I agree with you about the caffeine. Needing to add caffeine to a substance in order to vaporize it properly seems like a sign that the vaporization technique or form of the drug should be adjusted, rather than ruining it with an adulterant.

assuming the product is clean, why not use an "oil burner" like people use for DMT and meth? That just seems easier and the only reason I can think of not to use it is if the stuff being vaporized is so full of contaminants that it would fill the oil burner with charred garbage after a couple uses. Like I said, I don't work with these substances but I've gotten very curious lately and you seem to have real-world experience so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I was also wondering what chemical(s) you use to free base molecules. There's an A/B procedure on Erowid for cleaning heroin that uses household ammonia for the salt to freebase conversion.

From that procedure it looks like what you're doing would be pretty simple. For example:
-dissolve the opiate in water
-discard insolubles
-add household ammonia dropwise until precipitation ceases
-separate and dry precipitate

The mechanics of the last step seem the hardest, unless you simply be patient and dry the solution. I don't think you could dry it in an oven due to the low boiling points of freebase opiates but maybe the ability to dry it under vacuum would justify the expense of a vacuum aspirator and a flask with a vacuum port.

mmmmm... mad science! :)

I love using oil burners, they are mad convenient.... This also minimizes the amount of smoke can escape for beginners. I rather smoke larger amounts on foil, it’s easier.

But, on the other hand I can't live without a roll of foil, it is just way more convenient to carry a folded up piece in the back pocket than have to worry about breaking your pipe...

Most freebased substances are insoluble in water, especially at the pH you precipitate it at.

I lose very very negligible amounts. I always shake the solution to make sure all of my product is completely converted.

After that, it is simply filter and dry. Very lovely crystals.

so you use household ammonia just like the erowid procedure?

and paper filters? those don't capture too much of the substance you're interested in?

Was wondering when this thread would come up PJ ;)

I'm curious.

lol carry on gentlemen.

so you use household ammonia just like the erowid procedure?

and paper filters? those don't capture too much of the substance you're interested in?

Not household ammonia... Janitorial ammonia. Household ammonias most likely have surfactants in them, which will be very shitty.