• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants freebase adderall extraction + smoking the freebase questions

Maybe you could vape Amphetamine Sulphate if you reduce the pressure enough, same as water boiling at less than 100C in high altitude.
That piece brought me back to when I was ten and doing mountain trail's with my Mom. During one of the walk's we had a lunch with some other travellers and while cooking some eggs.The man, this part remind's me about how you told yould ask your Father and get some dialogue on it. Explained that despite the boiling the water was less warm then on ground level. And the cooking would take longer then usual.

At that age, probably 10 or so, it was a good piece of info on how things work. The egg's bubbling in boiling water of below 100 degree C.

Last edited:
Nina Simone said:
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
I'm trying to find material regarding the freebase>HCl step, but it seems a complicated procedure for trained chemists in a proper lab.

I'm trying to find material regarding the freebase>HCl step, but it seems a complicated procedure for trained chemists in a proper lab.
this is precisely what i was thinking it would lead to, especially if you start with adderall salts having to seperate them.. base the ones you want.... convert to hcl..... it's a tedious thing to do with larger amounts of amphetamine/chemicals to make it worth it

So perhaps it is worth investigating if another substance exists with a comparable effect profile, that has a shorter duration?

So perhaps it is worth investigating if another substance exists with a comparable effect profile, that has a shorter duration?
Hmmmmm... the question remains, what, other than amphetamine, meth, mixed salts what is there really other than different ROA, i never snort the addys because ive seen the crushed powder under a microscope n even if it looks fine the beads crush into an almost crystal glass shard looking stuff, but maybe at some point ill try that since lower bio than subling and take a small dose sublingual at the same time and see how that effects me

Hmmmmm... the question remains, what, other than amphetamine, meth, mixed salts what is there really other than different ROA, i never snort the addys because ive seen the crushed powder under a microscope n even if it looks fine the beads crush into an almost crystal glass shard looking stuff, but maybe at some point ill try that since lower bio than subling and take a small dose sublingual at the same time and see how that effects me

2FMA comes to my mind as a milder stim than Amph... mostly it seems to have a lower effect ceiling and it's easier to sleep on it. But it still not to be considered short acting.
Ofcourse it's not going to be covered as your Adderall.

2FMA comes to my mind as a milder stim than Amph... mostly it seems to have a lower effect ceiling and it's easier to sleep on it. But it still not to be considered short acting.
Ofcourse it's not going to be covered as your Adderall.
Unfortunate :/ itd have to be as strong though but a lesser duration i mean.. smoking coke works like a charm for this especially for a shorter up but i use enough of it as is and do spend a good chunk on it

this is precisely what i was thinking it would lead to, especially if you start with adderall salts having to seperate them.. base the ones you want.... convert to hcl..... it's a tedious thing to do with larger amounts of amphetamine/chemicals to make it worth it

Why would you separate the individual salts in Adderall, though?

These will all turn into amphetamine freebase once neutralized, after all.

Unless you're talking about separating the D-isomer from the L-isomer, which is generally not something people just do in their kitchens, especially if the starting material is already roughly 70% D-amphetamine.

@Hodor The TEK I had i found was very weird after rereading it today.
After filtering out insolubles, it said to add H2SO4 to neutralize any carboxylic acids. But seeing as amp sulfate is a weak acid, wouldn't this just further ionize the solution? Or am I missing something?

Wouldnt an isopropyl extraction be better and quicker with less hazards materials involved then the method I came across?

I have thought about an alternative approach, that would bypass the need for all chemistry apart from extracting the Amphetamine salts from the binders/fillers shit.
Here we go:
Extract, dissolve in water, use nebulizer to inhale water+amphetamine solution.
As you'd be inhaling a solution it should be less irritating than freebase or HCl as well. YAY.

Last edited:
I have thought about an alternative approach, that would bypass the need for all chemistry apart from extracting the Amphetamine salts from the binders/fillers shit.
Here we go:
Extract, dissolve in water, use nebulizer to inhale water+amphetamine solution.
As you'd be inhaling a solution it should be less irritating than freebase or HCl as well. YAY.
Hm. Idk if thats super healthy for lungs but - EDIT: just looked up a nebulizer THATS FUCKING COOL. never knew about this thing.

Why would you separate the individual salts in Adderall, though?

These will all turn into amphetamine freebase once neutralized, after all.

Unless you're talking about separating the D-isomer from the L-isomer, which is generally not something people just do in their kitchens, especially if the starting material is already roughly 70% D-amphetamine.
if i neutralize via sodium bicarb and evaporation basically the crack method, be left with somthing viable to use?
also i don't care to actually seperate them, if they can all be used and not thrown away thats better
so basically if i neutralize without heat, it'll turn into an amphetamine freebase in an oily form? i'll try dissolving the salts in alittle water, and adding a neutralizer to see what comes out

Last edited:
You'd have to freebase the amphetamine first, then protonate it using HCl.

The problem with amphetamine freebase is that it is a smelly volatile oil, which makes it slightly harder to handle. It may also be somewhat caustic, being a primary amine.
so if dissolved into water, sodium bicarb added to neutralize, am i understanding that what would be there would be amp freebase or somthing of the kind? that'd be interesting
then i was thinking of either ordering the hydrochloric acid or buying a weaker form of it diluted specifically around 32% and evaporating it down further to concentrate it and use that to convert to HCL salt?

You can't make the HCl salt from the freebase with drops of HCl.
To have any hope you need to have the freebase in an anhydrous solvent, then add anhydrous hydrochloric acid.
Any quantity of water and you get no crystals and destroy the amphetamine.
Even bubbling with gaseous anhydrous HCl does not grant success using lab grade equipment and reagents.
You need a vacuum chamber to dry the crystals too.
You see where I'm going.

You could use the ab extraction method to freebase amphetamine, remove it from the fillers and make any salt after that.
If you think the nebuliser is worth a try, it just remains to be seen what salt would be the least irritating for you respiratory system.

Unfortunate :/ itd have to be as strong though but a lesser duration i mean.. smoking coke works like a charm for this especially for a shorter up but i use enough of it as is and do spend a good chunk on it
Methylphenidate is like the shittiest Coke resembling medication on earth. But I guess you must have heard of it Zonxx

@Hodor The TEK I had i found was very weird after rereading it today.
After filtering out insolubles, it said to add H2SO4 to neutralize any carboxylic acids. But seeing as amp sulfate is a weak acid, wouldn't this just further ionize the solution? Or am I missing something?

Wouldnt an isopropyl extraction be better and quicker with less hazards materials involved then the method I came across?

Stronger acids can drive out weaker acids from their salts. You could see this as the counter-ion (which represents a base) getting neutralized.

So for adderal:
Amphetamine saccharate + H2SO4 => amphetamine sulphate + Saccharic acid

However, saccharic acid can be assumed to be extremely hydrophilic, so I kind of doubt it is going to be easily separated it from the sulphate via acid-base-extraction. IMO it would make more sense to convert all the amp salts to the freebase.

You'd have to freebase the amphetamine first, then protonate it using HCl.

You can't make the HCl salt from the freebase with drops of HCl.
To have any hope you need to have the freebase in an anhydrous solvent, then add anhydrous hydrochloric acid.
Any quantity of water and you get no crystals and destroy the amphetamine.
Even bubbling with gaseous anhydrous HCl does not grant success using lab grade equipment and reagents.
You need a vacuum chamber to dry the crystals too.

Hey Hodor, as you seem more knowledgeable than me in organic chemistry, what do you think of the difficulty of making the HCl salt from freebase, seeing as I read reports that gaseous, strictly anhydrous HCl is needed if you don't wanna destroy your amps most of the time, with only a few attempts being successful and your Amph being destroyed when you fail.

Stronger acids can drive out weaker acids from their salts. You could see this as the counter-ion (which represents a base) getting neutralized.

So for adderal:
Amphetamine saccharate + H2SO4 => amphetamine sulphate + Saccharic acid

However, saccharic acid can be assumed to be extremely hydrophilic, so I kind of doubt it is going to be easily separated it from the sulphate via acid-base-extraction. IMO it would make more sense to convert all the amp salts to the freebase.

So in essence, H2SO4 in an aqueous solution of the mixed amp salts would produce all amp sulfate, which could then be used to preform an a/b extraction. Am I getting this right?

And the freebase is an oil at room temp so I think the hcl would be way better for storage as long as there is very little moisture. The carbonate was something I was reading on too, as it is not nearly as hygroscopic.

And the freebase is an oil at room temp so I think the hcl would be way better for storage as long as there is very little moisture. The carbonate was something I was reading on too, as it is not nearly as hygroscopic.

Hey mate, what is your thoughts about the practical difficulties of making the HCl?

Some of the freebase is dissolved in toluene/xylene and its dryness asserted by boiling the solution for a moment. The gassing setup generates HCl from H2SO4 and NaCl and leads it through a H2SO4 bubbler, a CaCl drier and finally into a gas dispersion tube which is immersed into the solution. This worked once and gave hydrochloride crystals which could be filtered over a buchner. They were indeed found to be vastly hygroscopic, on the first attempt they drew water from the air and they were sucked through the buchner within a minute. Another attempt succeeded when the buchner was covered with plastic wrap which vacuumized and compressed the filtercake. The cake was then further dried to absolute dryness in a desiccator. However, numerous attempts at gassing already failed at the gassing stage. At the beginning of the gassing process a precipitate is visible for a brief moment, but then the solvent/base mixture seems to absorb more HCl than necessary to give the salt, resulting in a fuming acidic solution which gets a red tint more often than not. At this point it was never possible to get it to precipitate back, not by freezing and not by evaporation. Evaporation in this case seems to yield decomposition products. Sometimes they have a ketonic smell to them, a slight hint of benzaldehyde and clearly there is something which seems to boil higher than even the xylene (hydrochloride melts at 152°C, so when we're boiling off something with a BP > 152°C the salt is in the melt). Therefore I recognized the gassing procedure as too unreliable. The only clue why this failed numerous times is that the HCl gas wasn't yet dry enough which could yield a "super-acid" (w/w conc. > 37%) which hydrolyses the amphetamine and yields decomposition (or chlorinated) products which could have further absorbed HCl and/or irreversibly dissolved the hydrochloride salt.