• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Freaking out

hthr007

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay...so I applied to work at a drug rehab center for billing and patient records. No big deal, right?

Well now I'm freaking out. When I submitted my application I said that they can contact my current employer who I have only been temping with for about 2 months... It's a huge call center so I don't think my presence will be greatly missed, and I feel under appreciated as it is plus the job is taking a lot out of me.

My question is -- if the prospective employer contacts my current employer, could I be fired for actively seeking employment while employed by them?

If it's a big call centre, I wouldn't worry about it as they are probably more worried about getting the most return on their training (you) as possible, rather than holding a grudge because you're leaving your Mcjob.

Aside from that, if your prospective employer does call, don't expect an actual review of your performance. Large call centres usually have a policy of not giving them although there are exceptions.

Okay great, thank you. I was worried that if the job I applied for doesn't fall through that I'd be fired if my current employer found out. The hours + school are killing me and this new job would be part time which I could handle, but I do need a job so I'll be stuck at my current place if the other one does not hire me. I was up half the night because I was so worried.