• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Freaking out! Never taken methadone before, help a girl out.

Girlinred

Greenlighter
I have never taken this drug before and I have never done heroin. I have taken 100-150mg hydrocodone a day at 1 time which is dangerous in itself, yes. Stupid I know! I took a 10mg methadone and feel like I am dying. I'm so scared. Feels like I'm having a hard time breathing. Maybe a panic attack from all the stuff that I've read about it. I'm scared to go to sleep but I'm exhausted. Did anyone else feel like this when they first started it? I'm not in a clinic or anything. My dealer was out of hydro' but had these so I thought why not try it. Stupidest decision of my life. I feel miserable. Head pounding, queezy, but mostly frustrated and scared! Thanks for your advice in advance. I'm sure I'll hear how dumb I am and I'm ready for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly , if you have no opiate tolerance 10mg will give u an effect , how much hydrocodone will you usually take? Was the methadone a pill? Did u just swallow it? It's not a very nice drug (recreational) in that its more for opiate addicts / pain . All opiates have the ability to make u feel nauseous especially methadone.

I thought I posted how much I usually take. I take anywhere from 50-100mg hydrocodone at a time. Sometimes twice a day. Lately it's been 100mg everytime. The feeling has passed now. Think I was just freaking myself out laying there. I got up and did some stuff to keep my mind off of it for a while and I feel better. Guess it wasn't really nauseous like I was going to vomit. Just my throat felt huge and like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Yes it was a pill and I swallowed half around 2pm and the other half around 5 but didn't start feeling crazy weird like that until about 30 mins after I started feeling scared. Maybe I was just super high and I'm not used to feeling like that. I know I will NEVER take this drug again! I figured it would keep the withdrawals at bay until he got more hydros. Lesson learned!

10 mg of methadone is about equal to 25-30 mg of hydrocodone. Well below a life threatening dose for a non tolerant individual. Still it's good to be safe.

U should be fine..methadone feels like a diff drug than hydrocodons..I think u had a panic attack because u weren't use to it

If your taking that much hydro, you are in a very risky position due to the APAP you're also ingesting. Liver damage territory. Please at least do CWE if you can't scale down your usage.

Glad to hear your alright and the feeling has passed. 10mg to someone who takes that much hydro shouldn't cause a lethal OD but if it made you feel like you couldn't breath then it sounds like mild respiratory depression, and my advice to you would be to stay clear of methadone in the future and be careful when trying different drugs. Do your research and start low, you can always take more later. Good luck and be safe.

When I first started opiates, I would get this feeling like I took too much, and would be paranoid about it, and would shoot out of dead sleep gasping for air. Yeah, you may have took a little too much for your liking, maybe 5mg may have been better and gave your brain a chance to get used to the feel of a new kind of drug.

Methadone is known to cause respiratory depression problems, but 10mg shouldn't cause any worry, in accordance to your hydro experience especially. Methadone is a powerful opiate, and take the above advice, when taking an unknown substance, start out small and take more if you feel you need it. You can always take more, but never can go back and take less.

10 mg of methadone is about equal to 25-30 mg of hydrocodone. Well below a life threatening dose for a non tolerant individual. Still it's good to be safe.

I agree.

Methadone is a long acting medication and the worst about it imo/e is how difficult it will be to stop using.
I wouldn't trade your current addiction to a much more more definitive issue.

As for your reaction, I personally don't think it was due to 10 mg of methadone specially considering your current intake of hydrocodone. I have used it for years but can't relate to what you described.

I had bought a few of them so yesterday I took half so 5mg and felt fine. Didn't get all freaked out. Think it was really just anxiety from what I read on it. Today I took a 10mg. It's the last one I have and don't plan to take more. My dude will have my regular hydrocodone tomorrow. I will not buy these again. They haven't been good for a high but I haven't had any withdrawals. Thanks for all the help!

sounds like a panic attack.
and I really truly hope that you are doing a CWE to get the hydro you consume otherwise you probably have liver damage by now.

I have never even heard of cwe until I just looked it up. It hasn't always been this high. I took from 10-50mg of hydrocodone for 2-3 years. It just recently in the last couple of months that I have started taking 100mg. So I'll have to try that out when I get the others.