Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Foxy Methoxy 1st time

Justgiveitakush

Greenlighter
Hi all,

SWIM recently tried Foxy Methoxy (5-meO-DiPt) for the first time at home and had a few queries about what follows.

1.What does Foxy do to the brain exactly, in terms of serotonin release, etc?
2.How long does SWIM have to wait to take it again without losing any of the magic?
3.What is the soonest SWIM can take it again?
4.Any tips about the day after would be helpful too

Hi, Welcome to Bluelight !!

No need to swim here. You are safe. Your questions could be answered in some various forums. Do you mind if I move this thread? Great to have you here!

Best,
Smoky :)

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the welcome! Of course you can move this thread, I don't mind. It's great to be here :D

im guessing you had a good experience if you're that ready to do it again. I couldn't tell you much about it i have a sample but people say its got a heavy body load and kind of dirty feeling so it scared me from trying it.

Foxy methoxy is primarily a 5HT2a agonist, like all other serotonergic psychedelics. It does affect some other subtypes of serotonin receptors as well. It also seems to inhibit reuptake of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine, in my opinion it does so only to a neglible degree, maybe some one wants to correct me on this?. I'd guess that eating a dose of foxy probably equates to eating a single dose of some SRI antideprassant. Probably not even that though.

The bottom line is that imo, you don't need to take the same degree of precautions as you would with MDMA for instance. MDMA is a serotonin releaser and a stimulant in a completely different way than foxy methoxy, which is more a psychdelic.

There's a good section on its pharmacology here:https://drugs-forum.com/5-MeO-DIPT

2.How long does SWIM have to wait to take it again without losing any of the magic?

You could probably take it every weekend without problems, if you want. But if you really want to keep the original magic, then not more than once every few years, I'd say. I mean, it's exactly the same as with any other psychedelic.

Next weekend :)

Proper sleep and rest, some good food. Are you feeling any kind of hang over, since you ask? IMO you shouldn't really.

LucidSDreamr, it was a good experience, but the trip does depends on your current mood. It was taken at home so it felt like a safe environment, plus I told my roommate and spoke to him for reassurance.

Last edited:
Incunabula, thank you very much for the information. It has helped greatly :D As for the hangover, I didn't really have one but I found it hard to focus on anything productive.

Last edited:
As has been mentioned, foxy (5-MeO-DiPT) is basically a classic psychedelic. It does not release any monoamines (including serotonin), it agonizes them, ie, fits into the receptor sites and mimics serotonin and whatever else the molecule has an affinity for. As such, it's pretty safe to use even weekly as it does not deplete your neurotransmitters, but the thing about all psychedelics is that if you use them too often, they lose that special magic. It goes beyond just acute tolerance, which dissipates in about a week. Part of the magic of psychedelics is that they throw you so far off baseline that you experience life in a completely novel way. This leads to profound feelings and even realizations depending on the trip. If you start tripping weekly, it will start to feel more "normal", so some of the impact will be lost. I've tripped countless hundreds of times, much of it in a couple of years of extreme overuse back in 2006-2007, and I can say that although my trips are still great, even when I do it weekly (usually in the summer I trip weekly or at least every other week), I am very rarely able to reach those initial places I used to get back before I had tripped so much. I am simply much more used to the psychedelic state. If you want to keep the full level of magic, I'd say you should only trip very occasionally, when the time is right.

I don't really regret tripping so much, I mean psychedelics still bring value into my life (now that I use them anywhere from once a month to once a week, when I did it more often it was pointless and resulted in permanent tolerance after a couple of years). But sometimes it would be nice to be able to get as far out as I used to.

You could probably take it every weekend without problems, if you want. But if you really want to keep the original magic, then not more than once every few years, I'd say. I mean, it's exactly the same as with any other psychedelic.

Every few years???
I've never noticed a loss in magic for psychedelics if I keep my usage down to once a month and I've been doing them for 7 years now.

Agonist, other posters described it better than I can

I've had success taking it once every 4-5 days for a little while. It doesn't lose the magic in the same way MDMA does, it more so loses the novelty factor. You'll get bored of it eventually, MDMA kind of just burn your brain receptors to the point where it doesn't work that good anymore.

4-5 days.

Drink a lot of water and get some sleep. This is a psychedelic not a stimulant. You won't feel awful and damaged on the comedown but rather, fried.

Every few years???
I've never noticed a loss in magic for psychedelics if I keep my usage down to once a month and I've been doing them for 7 years now.
And I'm sure your trips today aren't as magical as your very first. It's the same with everything else really. Your bungee jump number 50 is still going to be exciting and thrilling, but it's not going to make your adrenaline pump like the first few times.

It depends how you define "magic", so it comes down to semantics in the end. My trips are almost all still magical too, but they aren't as magical as when I started out. I've tripped for 20 years btw. But doing so less and less due to not having the time.

Anyway, I think OP was more thinking of the MDMA "magic" and I think Cyberius nails it pretty good:

It doesn't lose the magic in the same way MDMA does, it more so loses the novelty factor. You'll get bored of it eventually, MDMA kind of just burn your brain receptors to the point where it doesn't work that good anymore.