• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Four questions about opioids

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
I have four questions.

1. I'm prescribed 40mg Fluoxetine daily and have been on it for over six years now. If I admitted to my doctor that I was abusing drugs that haven't been prescribed to me, for example Tramadol and Morphine, would they withdraw my prescription for fluoxetine on the grounds it could cause serotonin syndrome when taken with Tramadol/Morphine? Or would they just warn me of the dangers of mixing them?

2. When I've taken morphine or other opioids I always get a funny feeling in my arms and legs (especially my legs!). If feels like someone is giving them an intense massage like every inch of my legs at the same time. It goes over my legs in constant waves. It's not my entire body, just arms and legs. They feel like they're weak, maybe from being overly relaxed? Is this a 'normal' part of a high, or is this unusual? I don't know anyone else who experiences this.

3. Out of codeine, Dihydrocodeine, morphine and Tramadol - which could cause serotonin syndrome? Is it just morphine and Tramadol?

4. When I've taken opioids and benzos (or other CNS depressants) together, I always feel like my body won't keep up with my normal breathing rate? I feel like I'm breathing too slowly for it to be comfortable and I want to breathe more but my body wont let me. So I have to literally force myself to take a big loud deep breathe in, to feel like I've got enough air - if that makes sense? Is this like a mild respiratory depression? (No I don't think it's a panic attack and I don't hyperventilate).

1. In the US, you'd get your shit yanked, the UK idk..
2. Yeah that's normal, it's called the 'glow', or 'warmth'
3.Tramadol is definitely the worse one to take, if you want to avoid ss.
4. Yeah, this is what respiratory depression is.. Watch your intake, Prozac is a strong pgp inhibitor, pgp is a protein that transports chemicals and they're metabolites out of the brain. This is the function that allows loperamide to be digested, without feeling analgesia.

- Hopeless..

1) Of those you listed, only Tramadol could cause serotonin syndrome
2) Yeah that's normal
3) Just Tramadol.
4) That can be a dangerous combo. I've found that about 0.5 mg Xanax or clonazapine is about the maximum amount to combine with an opioid. More than that makes you super drowsy and some people have died from this combo.