• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Founder of ‘Palcohol’ says powdered alcohol is safe but Aussie experts are worried

poledriver

Bluelighter
Founder of ‘Palcohol’ says powdered alcohol is safe but Aussie experts are worried

224047-e9ba155a-c85b-11e4-bdbb-25549bb81a95.jpg

NOTHING says hiking like a nice refreshing shot of vodka. That’s the bizarre argument from the people pushing ‘Palcohol’, a powdered alcohol product legalised overnight in the US despite protests from just about everybody.

“When I hike, I like to have a drink when I reach my destination. Palcohol is so light and easy to pack. It’s perfect for hiking and backpacking,” founder Mark Phillips said.
The product received the go-ahead from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau on Wednesday after protracted negotiations between the authority and the product’s designers.

The Bureau initially approved Palcohol last year but quickly backtracked, citing unresolved issues. Spokesman for the bureau Tom Hogue told The Associated Press that all issues have now been resolved and Palcohol is legal, though individual states will determine whether or not they allow retailers to sell the product.

Mr Hogue said the bureau’s evaluation does not take into account potential harm.
“Potential for abuse isn’t grounds for us to deny a label,” he said.
So how does it work?

Consumers can purchase the powder in a bag containing the equivalent of one shot of liquid alcohol. The designers want consumers to add water, zip up the bag, give it a shake and “drink straight from the bag”. Yes, it’s classy.

In a video published online, Mr Phillips sought to clarify concerns surrounding the product including that it will make it easier to sneak alcohol into festivals and concerts, easier to spike a person’s drink, easier for children to get a hold of and will promote snorting of alcohol.

“What a crazy few weeks this has been since the public discovered Palcohol,” Mr Phillips said.

“Since Palcohol was discovered, we’ve mostly heard about the negative uses of it. Those are unfounded. It is unfortunate that most of the media coverage has been negative.”
He said snorting Palcohol “is very painful” and “it burns a lot”.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...erts-are-worried/story-fneuzlbd-1227260225031

palcohol is such a scam. youre better off just carrying a flask of everclear