• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Former Co-op Bank chief Paul Flowers says 'I have sinned'

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Disgraced former Co-op Bank chairman Paul Flowers has spoken for the first time since his arrest over drugs allegations, saying: "I have sinned."

The Methodist minister, who stepped down from the bank last summer, told BBC Newsnight some of his "frailties" had been exposed in the public domain.

He was arrested last November after the Mail on Sunday published footage showing him allegedly buying drugs.

Mr Flowers, 63, said the last few months had at times been "hellish".

In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with Newsnight, he also revealed how the government had put pressure on the Co-op Bank before it aborted plans to buy 600 Lloyds branches.

(...)

Mr Flowers, who has been a minister in Bradford since 1976, said "things got pretty hairy" for him last November when he was arrested as part of what police called a "drugs supply investigation" following the newspaper allegations. He is currently on bail.

At the time he was also facing questions about his suitability to have led the Co-op Bank, after he had appeared before a committee of MPs and told them the bank's assets were £3bn when they were actually £47bn.

"I am in company with every other human being for having my frailties and some fragility exposed," he said.

cont at
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26734513

Loose the guilt and shame Paul, quit holding yourself to the standards of a GOD.