• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Forgot my klonopin in another state.. can I last 3 days without withdrawal or risking seizure?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I take between 1-4 mg of klonopin a day depending on how I’m feeling and my goals for they day…

Can I last 3 days and be OK? My mom has 6 Ativan 0.5 mg i can scatter thought out the trip I should be OK right?

Klonopin has such a long half life I’d think I should be. Input?

Does the state have a drug monitoring system? If they do you should be able to get a patch

I think you'll be okay, from personal experience. It will likely be rough to function as well as you would without them~ though I take 4mg Alprazolam a day and have had to miss a few days, it sucked but I never experienced withdrawals or anything close to seizure-like symptoms. Hope you're feeling okay mate

Does the state have a drug monitoring system? If they do you should be able to get a patch

I doubt they would write me a script urgent care's up here are fairly restrictive

I'm feeling fine for now just couldn't sleep in like I usually do

I take between 1-4 mg of klonopin a day depending on how I’m feeling and my goals for they day…

Can I last 3 days and be OK? My mom has 6 Ativan 0.5 mg i can scatter thought out the trip I should be OK right?

Klonopin has such a long half life I’d think I should be. Input?

I think after 3 days you will be in withdrawal for sure. However the ativan will definitely cover you, but there aren't many, so definitely make sure to save it for if/when you really need it.

If it is only 3 days and you save lorazepam for the day 3 than risk of seizures is negligible. Not non existing cause you have done all sorts of things to your body so youre in your own league to put it like that. But with clonazepam having long duration of action and eliminatoon half life you can get fairly unscathed from not using it for 48 hours. And lorazepam has strong enough antisiezure properties so you're good. Some anxiety, sleep disturbances and possibly panic attack(s) can occure after 24 hours but I don't believe it will be anything worse. But then again with irregular benzo usage patterns and history of disrurbing all major endogenous systems you have more risk than others. Take drom this post what you think is valuable and ditch the rest. Hope it all goes nice and smooth.

IF you have a script, local doctors can call YOUR doctor. It isn't 'drug seeking if it's prescribed;. Also I note doctors are VERY concerned about epilepsy which can kill. If they are informed you forgot your EPILEPSY medication and then say you need 4 clobazam.... well it isn't much AND they could get sued if you come to harm.

But epilepsy is a special case. If you ended up on life-support - the doctor (or likely their insurance) would pay AND their would be an investigation.

But the lorazepam will help.

You're going to need to be strategic with your supply, as you know. However, I think that so long as you have some Benzodiazepines on board, you should be able to manage for three days. Everyone is different and I'm not a doctor, so I would never advise you to take any risks with your health that you're not already prepared for.

If you want to know exactly how I would do it, I wouldn't take anything at all the first day. Perhaps take a Lorazepam (Ativan) at night to help get some sleep. Then, you can endure some anxiety and pain the first day knowing that the following two days will likely be more comfortable, as you will then have more Lorazepam (Ativan) to last you through a time period 1/3 shorter than originally planned. You cannot deny the mental aspect of these situations. The knowledge of having relief is sometimes just as much comfort to the human soul as having the relief.

You are far more likely to enter into a panicked state if you exhaust your supply before your trip is over. This is going to lead to way more anxiety, way more fear and will make everything much harder for you. At any rate, if you start feeling funky, you should definitely seek professional help, but I think that 3 days and a small supply of Lorazepam is enough to get through.

I think after 3 days you will be in withdrawal for sure. However the ativan will definitely cover you, but there aren't many, so definitely make sure to save it for if/when you really need it.

Yeah I just got hit with full blown anxiety its day 3 I'm taking the last 0.5 mg now and leaving ASAP. Horrible headache too

The last thing I need is a 4th dui because I’m sober seizing off of lack of benzos … en route home

Well ativan is a shitty substitute for clonaz imo but ive been there before where all i had was ativan left because i used to keep it around in case i ran out of clonaz Ativan has a much shorter half life however so you have to space it out more.

If you forgot your script in another state honestly it might be worth just being honest with a doctor about it. In my experience in Canada where they don't have to write benzos on those magic blue tamper proof pads they will usually give you a few days worth of benzos if you need them It's also worth noting that some people are far more suseptible to benzo wd then others I cold turkeyed 6mg's a day once and didnt have a seizure however i know people who have taken far less then i did and have seizures. So if you start having any wd symptoms it might be worth just being honest with a doctor

Well ativan is a shitty substitute for clonaz imo but ive been there before where all i had was ativan left because i used to keep it around in case i ran out of clonaz Ativan has a much shorter half life however so you have to space it out more.

If you forgot your script in another state honestly it might be worth just being honest with a doctor about it. In my experience in Canada where they don't have to write benzos on those magic blue tamper proof pads they will usually give you a few days worth of benzos if you need them It's also worth noting that some people are far more suseptible to benzo wd then others I cold turkeyed 6mg's a day once and didnt have a seizure however i know people who have taken far less then i did and have seizures. So if you start having any wd symptoms it might be worth just being honest with a doctor

Sad reality in the United States is that they don’t care. So I did but I know what to do best I took the last 1 mg of lorazepam and I grab the six pack for the ride home. Unfortunately in the United States we must take matters into our own hands when it comes to our medication there’s no reliance upon doctors for any help and that’s why things like drug dealing in the dark web are so big because the people cannot get what they need in order to function and survive properly and it’s pathetic.

Sad reality in the United States is that they don’t care. So I did but I know what to do best I took the last 1 mg of lorazepam and I grab the six pack for the ride home. Unfortunately in the United States we must take matters into our own hands when it comes to our medication there’s no reliance upon doctors for any help and that’s why things like drug dealing in the dark web are so big because the people cannot get what they need in order to function and survive properly and it’s pathetic.

Yes. The United States reaction to drug addiction/dependence, specifically in regards to how it is treated in a medical setting, is based 70% on subjective morality/religion and shit, 15% politics and 15% direct medical science. I believe we have a great medical service here in the United States. There are many specialties at which we would be considered of the very best. However, our response to things like addiction have changed very little in literally over 100 years.

You are completely on your own in many cases. It's not a friendly world out there right now for an addict. The drugs are cheap and plentiful, but as we all know, this does absolutely zero actual favors to an active addict. Right now we have people out there spending the same couple hundred dollars a day on Fentanyl that they would have on Heroin, but they are in fact experiencing a dependency several times greater than Heroin ever would have done.

I urge people that now is a great time to try to get your addiction under control. I don't say this from a point of view of morality or anything like that. I'm speaking to the fact that services, not to mention public opinion, are going to be getting more and more austere as these next months go by. Treatment for addiction is a luxury of a luxurious society. The Western World is getting poorer by the minute. I see sober houses close, rehabs close, detoxes that used to be 48-72 hour wait now have a TBD-style waiting list. The writing is on the wall. It is best to seek help as soon as possible. This will enable you to take advantage of what help is still available to you while you can.

The Methadone clinic here in Burlington was doing same-day admissions for years. I've seen them go from same-day to one week, to two weeks, to now, you call and they call you back when they have an appointment available, which I've heard can take a month. I believe this is likely just the beginning. I imagine that if a shortage of Methadone were to occur, the start would be closing off treatment to new patients, then throttling the dosages of current patients and what might come after that, I do not know.

We've seen Ukraine, an entire country, go from a Methadone-prescribing nation to one in which Methadone itself was completely illegal overnight during the first Crimean operation in 2014. Here in the United States, you would think it totally impossible, that society would implode, people would go insane. In reality, it just happened. Nobody really gave a shit and who really knows what happened to all of those Methadone patients who were suddenly cut off? I don't. That is the cold reality of the world.

Please be careful man... obviously drinking and driving is not a good move, but if you're honestly worried you're going to seize out whule driving, I suppose a beer or two might be safer. BUT, please do not drive above the limit because you're endangering others then. If you honestly are worried about seizures, you should go to urgent care or a hospital. They will not let you seize out and will give you something to prevent it. You can explain that you are prescribed benzos and left your supply at home by accident and are withdrawing bad. Or are you prescribed them? Even if not, they can't let you seize out, that's malpractice, and they should be able to help

Just please don't drive drunk, man. Not only does it endager other people, but you said a 4th DUI? That's really fucking serious man. You'll do time for that. It's not worth it for multiple reasons. Much better idea to seek medical care.

And if you're just experiencing a lot of anxiety, and not actually in danger of seizures, you can manage, how long is your drive home? Are you tremoring? Are you paranoid/experiencing delusions at all?

Please be careful man... obviously drinking and driving is not a good move, but if you're honestly worried you're going to seize out whule driving, I suppose a beer or two might be safer. BUT, please do not drive above the limit because you're endangering others then. If you honestly are worried about seizures, you should go to urgent care or a hospital. They will not let you seize out and will give you something to prevent it. You can explain that you are prescribed benzos and left your supply at home by accident and are withdrawing bad. Or are you prescribed them? Even if not, they can't let you seize out, that's malpractice, and they should be able to help

Just please don't drive drunk, man. Not only does it endager other people, but you said a 4th DUI? That's really fucking serious man. You'll do time for that. It's not worth it for multiple reasons. Much better idea to seek medical care.

And if you're just experiencing a lot of anxiety, and not actually in danger of seizures, you can manage, how long is your drive home? Are you tremoring? Are you paranoid/experiencing delusions at all?

I made it home and ate a 2 mg klonopin, back in safety town. Yeah I just drank a couple beers on the way down to be safe. I wasn't experiencing any paranoia or delusions yet but this morning before I took the lorazepam I thought I saw a few things that weren't there which is when it hit me I needed to hit the road ASAP

I had mostly anxiety, it's hard to tell when a seizure is gonna hit and they usually only have hit me laying down except in jail and a real detox when I was standing.

But yeah I don't enjoy endangering others and it was unfortunate I left my meds at my house.

Thankfully crisis avoided, back home all is good.

Thanks everybody.

I am prescribed 60x 0.5 mg a month but I get more on top cause that wasn't enough

Glad you are home, Opiate!
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been taking clonaz non stop now?
I remember you were in a sober house and you had a lot of kpins, you even posted a pic, and you were mad as you couldn't use them.
When was it? A year ago or something?