• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

For Women/Couples: Do you/Have you ever used a Fertility Monitor or a FA method?

dimensiontripping

Bluelighter
About a year ago my girlfriend stopped using birth control after 3 years because it was causing hormonal imbalance/mood swings etc.. the usual. So we started to use condoms in combination with the pull-out method. This was a big change for especially me and I heard about the fertility awareness method through my mom because thats what she used with my dad between pregnancies. I found a lot of cool products like Ova-Cue and Daysy that help track your period data and my girlfriend and I decided to buy one - Daysy. It is a fertility monitor and it takes your temperature each morning and it tracks your cycle so you can see when its ok to not use condoms.

After a series of disasters with her health (severe bronchitis this past winter), irregular periods, and just forgetting to use it, it has not worked out for us. And has caused a lot of tension in our relationship because I want her to use it but she often slips up and its not effective unless you use it nearly every morning on schedule, like birth control pills.

First, am I being ridiculous for looking for a way to make our sex life possible without condoms/pull out method? She wants this as well, but I think I want it more but gets stressed out if I remind her/ask her if she's used it.

Second, do any BL'ers out there use a fertility monitor or fertility awareness method? Any advice would be awesome.

I really miss the sex life we had on birth control and I think our intimacy has gone downhill since she stopped taking birth control.

These methods are much more prone to failure than hormonal or barrier methods. She is already having difficulty keeping up with it - do you have reason to believe this will change?

I can't do systemic hormones like the pill, but the Mirena IUD works really well for me. The copper version is an option too. Both are very effective. You might consider a vasectomy also, if you don't want children ever or would be able to bank some of sperm beforehand.

These methods are much more prone to failure than hormonal or barrier methods. She is already having difficulty keeping up with it - do you have reason to believe this will change?

I can't do systemic hormones like the pill, but the Mirena IUD works really well for me. The copper version is an option too. Both are very effective. You might consider a vasectomy also, if you don't want children ever or would be able to bank some of sperm beforehand.

I don't think she would ever submit to an IUD. We have a few friends who had them with bad reactions to them. But yes, you are right. If she is already having difficulty keeping up with it, then I don't think anything will change. The effectiveness of the better devices is 98% when used correctly. Humans have been using FAM techniques for hundreds if not thousands of years - its not a new concept.

I also don't think I could commit to a vasectomy. I am 25 and I don't anyone my age who has done that type of surgery. It sounds great in theory but something about it feels to final. I appreciate your input.