• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

For UK members/EU Potenation Guide For Codeine & other opiods/opiates (NEWBIE)

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
For UK members/EU Potenation Guide For Codeine only (NEWBIE)

Thankyou mods/admins for allowing a re-open this after being closed :)

This is my first contribution to the website after gaining a lot of help and probably saved my life a couple of times by waiting for replies than just going ahead with what im asking. Anyway..... Here goes, taken from another website to add to this amazing number 1 website for drug harm reduction.

For a newbie around 50mg DXM only is appropriate/safe to potenate

The following all contain DXM (Dextromethorphan) which potenates opoiods i have learned from this website.

Use with caution, always read the label to find out the DXM amount in mg.
Some contain low amounts some contain larger amounts which is better, stay away from low amounts

I Would not recommend using more than one product to potenate any opiod/opiate. No more than 3 of any drugs is good from my experience so i am therfore not recommending it.

*Too much couch syrup can make you very delerious and ill with opiates*

Vicks Vaposyrup for Dry Coughs - 160mg DXM HBr per 120ml bottle. No other active ingredients.

Robotussin Full Strength for Dry Coughs - 150mg DXM HBr per 100ml bottle. No other active ingredients.

Boots Tusana Cough Linctus - 540mg DXM HBr per 200ml bottle. At doses greater than 2/3 of a bottle i think Chloroform, listed as an inactive ingredient, is being taken at an active dose, and causes a degree of drowsiness. Other than that there are no active ingredients. Recommended.

Suggestions more than welcome to be added.

Here is a list of what I hope are all UK medicines containing DXM, listed in alphabetical order. If I've missed any, well, what the fuck, nobody's perfect.

• Actifed Compound Linctus - 200mg (100ml)
  • Actifed Junior Cough Syrup - ??
  • Benylin Dry Coughs Non-Drowsy - 187.5mg (125ml)
  • Benylin Dry Coughs Original - 162.5mg (125ml)
  • Benylin Dry Cough Syrup (Nights) ??
  • Bronalin Dry Cough Elixir - ??
  • Contac Coughcaps - 30mg (1 Cap)
  • Covonia Bronchial Balsam - 225mg (150ml)
  • Covonia For Children - ??
  • Franolyn for Dry Cough - 200mg (100ml)
  • Lemsip Night Time - (Contains Paracetamol!)
  • Meltus Dry Cough Elixir, Adult - 200mg (100ml)
  • Meltus Junior Dry Cough Elixir - 70mg (100ml)
  • Night Nurse Capsules (Has Paracetamol)
  • Night Nurse Liquid (Has Paracetamol)
  • Nirolex Lozenges - 2.5mg (1 Lozenge in 24)
  • Owbridges for Dry, Tickly & Allergic Coughs
  • Robitussin Dry Cough Full Strength (recommended) - 150mg (100ml - Few ingredients!)
  • Robitussin Soft Pastilles For Dry Cough 7.5mg (1 Pastille in 20 Pack)
  • Tancolin - ??
  • Vicks Children's Vaposyrup - ??
  • Vicks Coldcare Capsules - ??
  • Vicks Vaposyrup for Dry Coughs (recommended) - 160mg (120ml)

Other Products without dxm:-

• Grapefruit Juice (Thanks to OxyloveUK)

Benzos

• Diazepam
  • Temazepam
  • Xanax/alprozolam
  • Lorzepam

Opiods/Opiates

• Tramadol
  • Morphine
  • Poppy seed tea

Anti-Histamines

• Prometh
  • certizine
  • benadryl

ALWAYS BE SAFE WITH YOUR DOSAGES

You'd probably be better off doing the extraction on the DXM products though (NOT SURE HOW THIS IS DONE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN, IS IT JUST CWE?). Even if there are no other active ingredients drinking all the sugar and menthol and other inactive substances isn't great for your body.

Also I got the DXM dose values off of websites so I don't know for sure if they are completely accurate or if they are still the same. Correct me if im wrong

If anyone can add doses or medicines to the list let me know, thanks. Will give credit where credit is due.

Just to give credit where credit is due, I got the list itself from another website, though it was outdated so I deleted the ones that didn't exist anymore, weren't DXM containing, or had way too many other active ingredients, and then added the DXM doses when I could find them.

Hope this helps you guys, stay safe. Please tell me if i have missed anything important or if anything you know that should be added.

UPDATED AS NEEDED.

Last edited:
GoodThan a standard dose maybe (";! **MoreOk, your British/' UK

This is borderline sourcing, I may need to lock it, certainly merge it

Dxm , withnmultiple doses inhibits(BLOCKS,'temporary d destruction) of
the 2D enzyme - no 2D, no
morphine - and they compete,'formth nsame enzyme (2D)!so More than modest dose, or a multiple doses, or is counterproductive mmm
Promethazine and Codiene was quite pop, and hydroxyzine also good synergy

Ponder how ti deal with this, PM a mod next time, please

Closed, edited or merged / Pending

GoodThan a standard dose maybe (";! **MoreOk, your British/' UK

This is borderline sourcing, I may need to lock it, certainly merge it

Dxm , withnmultiple doses inhibits(BLOCKS,'temporary d destruction) of
the 2D enzyme - no 2D, no
morphine - and they compete,'formth nsame enzyme (2D)!so More than modest dose, or a multiple doses, or is counterproductive mmm
Promethazine and Codiene was quite pop, and hydroxyzine also good synergy

Ponder how ti deal with this, PM a mod next time, please

Closed, edited or merged / Pending

I understand, i was just trying to give back to the community to those who will find it helpful. I cant find many of these products being from the UK myself but they are available, dosages would need working out by the user, i am not responsible for thier choice. I would recommend not go above 50-70mg DXM

Hey btw in your experience how well does grapefruit juice work in comparison to DXM, say roughly 50mg DXM compared to a glass of grapefruit juice.

Different modes of action going on between the two, but if you're trying to give Codeine a boost use caution with the CYP inhibition as you can influence 2D/ 2D6 which can slow the demethylation into Morphine. Although there's some decent arguments that Codeine-6-Glucuronide is just as responsible for Codeine's goodness as the morphine is. I'll have to track down the link for ya.

This is an interesting read also: -The-Ultimate-Opiate-Potentiation-Thread-v2-0

Blackcurrant juice also works as MAOi or is that where OP is aiming to with the grapefruit juice?

I tend to find adding more opiates to the opiates already in the mix works very well... or just chuck down a blue or two (v Bad HR )

Yes, very bad HR. Please don't do that!

Mah lord man!

I tend to find adding more opiates to the opiates already in the mix works very well... or just chuck down a blue or two (v Bad HR )

Heheh, that was exactly my first thought (possibly with a bit of vodka as well... ;) )