• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery For those with long term sobriety - drug dreams still?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’m just curious. I am almost a year sober and I still have dreams where I wake up thinking I got high or wanting to get high in my dreams. Mostly cocaine or crack but also fentanyl and heroin dreams.

It’s somewhat annoying until I wake up and realize where I am and that I’m sober.

I also do fall asleep with nicotine pouches in my lip which give me crazy dreams

@OpiateKiller hey dude, I'm at 16 months off coke/crack and meth, had dreams maybe every couple weeks, fairly common maybe 25% of all dreams I remembered, up until about a year. Now it's probably once a month or less.

At first it was having it and it getting wet or lost, then it was trying to find some, then it was doing it behind peoples back. As sobriety fit deeper.

All that to say, stay vigilant

I’m just curious. I am almost a year sober and I still have dreams where I wake up thinking I got high or wanting to get high in my dreams. Mostly cocaine or crack but also fentanyl and heroin dreams.

It’s somewhat annoying until I wake up and realize where I am and that I’m sober.

I also do fall asleep with nicotine pouches in my lip which give me crazy dreams
The nicotine patches gave me crazy dreams which is why I stopped using them at night. Since your sober the devil is using dreams to put the thought of the feeling of using in your mind. This is to give you anxiety and to remember the past. He uses our past against us all the time. Are you a Christian? If you've been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins Acts 2:38-41 than you can cast away these evil spirits in Jesus name. The spirit world is all around us and the demons follow the devil to steal, kill and destroy our lives. Since you've turned from drugs the devil can't put a needle in your arm but can send a thought to your mind. The battlefield is the mind. But it's only a thought, you can resist from turning it to action. Many years ago I prayed for the Lord to take the memory of how heroin felt from me and he did. It's been over a decade since I remember what that feeling is like. I hope this helps and you keep an open mind to what God can help you with.

Just woke up from one. I'll lay it out while it's still fresh I literally just texted my buddy it was in it.
I haven't rolled in probably over 8 years.

There was four of us rolling. And even though I just woke up from it I can't remember the other two people but it was me and my best friend. I think my other buddy was there but I can't remember fully. On the come up it was so intense! I can feel my whole chest and body heat up and start pulsing with the beat. We were talking really fast almost had the chills. Everybody had no color left in their eyes. We kicked it off with a walk down the street not a care in the world.

Anyway we we're in my old neighborhood and there were some newly constructed luxury apartments and we decided to take a shortcut through there. We had a boombox jamming take no it was probably 5:00 in the morning. I'm saying we are feeling amazing. Full body wiggles tracers the whole nine. We come down this long hallway and there's painters tape and it's partially under construction and as we keep going we notice there's caution tape around this big huge set of doors.

We open the doors and it sets off a fire alarm. As we do we notice there's people like randomly in this building I guess that live there and out of the corner of my eye I see a security guard turn and tried to address us. And we all scattered. My heart is racing. It's like I'm running with the beat of the music I feel amazing. We're all laughing and jumping all over these stairs and sliding down poles and just like cartoon characters almost. I can't find my way out and back to the parking lot.

I run past this lady with a shopping cart I look her dead in the eyes, she has like a scared look on her face but also kind of mean. So I jokingly say, " you never can remember where you park your car huh" she turns to me and says"yeah well I wouldn't help you look for it anyway, get away from here. "!!

When we all split up my buddy had my car keys and he lost his cell phone. So I have no idea where they are and I don't know how to get back home.

I keep dance running away from the scene. Finally I get down the street and I run into a business called Kaufman cabs. Which I thought was interesting enough to bring up to the guy behind the counter that there's a place in Grand theft Auto called Kaufman cabs. Turns out the guy behind the counter is the owner and that's why he named it that.

For some reason I asked him if my friend works there so he gets his name that looks through some files and he said that my buddy had filled it out an application but never showed up for work. So I end up getting a ride back home from the cab company still worried and still rolling I'm trying to figure out how to get in contact with my buddy who has my car keys but no phone. So when I get home I get on my Xbox and sure enough he's online and an excitedly I joined his party And then I woke up.

It hasn't happened to me for a while. One thing I started to do that helped was use a journaling application (Diarium). I try to write every day that drugs and alcohol wrecked havoc on my life. I feel like this has been pretty successful so far as retraining my brain.

Had a short dream I found three different ecstasy pills in my bed or on my dresser. Yellow space men, purple blank ones, and orange atoms. And I was trying to call an old dealer to get more. I felt good that I had them.

By the end of the dream I had a handful as well as a package of literal Skittles candy.

Weird that's the second dream about ecstasy in a month. It's been about ten years since I rolled and about 15 since I've had actual x pills.
I wonder why that is.

Coming up on 8 years of no hard drugs. I was on Delta 8 last night.

I quit smoking weed quite a while ago and I've never dreamed about it, which I find pretty wild. Was an alcoholic for about 3 years, in total denial about it, drinking a couple of litres of beer each night, then for a month or two at the end I was drinking morning to night.

For maybe 3 months after I quit, I would dream almost nightly about going to bars, or obsessing in my dream about getting drunk and trying to convince people that it's a good idea to drink. At the start they were vivid and I'd be so relieved when I woke up that it had just been a dream. Now I dream about drinking once in a while, but it's more or less gone. Usually I dream of old drinking locations now, or situations in which I would have normally drunk, but I'm not drinking or trying to drink in them any more.

A bit more surprising for me is that when I was a student I used cocaine each weekend for about a 6 month period. Didn't consider it a problem, and still don't. It was just what my particular group did at that time, and one day I decided I'd had enough and just stopped. That was nearly 25 years ago and even now, just randomly, I'll get a dream about it. They're super rare, but they happen, and I can taste it and feel the drip, just as I did back then

I would suggest learning how to lucid dream on purpose (Steven laberge has a book on this).

You can train yourself to associate drugs with doing a dream check and you’ll become lucid when you see drugs in the dream and be able to throw them in the trash and automatically make yourself high or go have an orgy or whatever.